Chapter 1: A Storm Of Thoughts

Bittersweet Encounter

 

 

It was a sunny lovely day, too beautiful to waste

I opened the curtain with my foot as I was laying on the couch in my small living room in my own humble apartment, the sun rays made their way into my living room the moment I tried opening the curtains, my eyes were hurting me, it felt like it’s been a year since I saw the sunlight…

It’s been 3 days since I dropped out of college, my Professor called me and tried to talk to me about the whole situation, I acted normal, and kinda sad and worried to pull off the role, I never knew I was a good actor..

I got a notice afterwards from the university to inform me about me dropping out, I never knew my fun college life would have a quick end to it, but I guess life is full of surprises..

I was tired and lazy the past few days, I didn’t get out of my apartment, but I’m planning to leave soon, too much memories of me and Jun hyung laying around in every corner..

I took a deep breath and got up, brushed my hair back with my fingers and looked up facing the window and the strong sunlight, it’s summer at this time of the year, it brought back memories when me and Jun hyung went fishing together during our highschool days, I smiled while remembering the good memories, I was a bright kid indeed..

I didn’t really hate my highschool days, they were fun, but rather bittersweet, my  life at home wasn’t as happy as my life outside with Jun hyung, my father would leave me and my grandma alone for months and come back with drugs and start beating me, my relationship with him wasn’t good, and I don’t really care to be honest, I don’t think of him as my father..

Jun hyung was always there for me, the day he discovered that my father abused me, went and told the police, of course they did nothing but they discovered that my father had some drugs with him, and that ended him in jail.

My grandma was nice to me, but she was a helpless old woman, she couldn’t do anything, but I knew she loved me a lot, I still regret leaving her behind and not being there for her when she passed away..

I think I don’t have much luck in life, the only best thing I thought I had now walked away and left me all alone

I sighed and tried to collect my thoughts, I got up and went to take a shower to release my stress a little, after getting out I wore anything I saw in front of me, a plain t-shirt and skinny jeans, took my wallet and mobile with me and got out to smell some fresh air.

I lived in the center of Seoul City, Jun Hyung picked the apartment and everything, he arranged everything the moment we had arrived in Seoul,  I walked in the random streets trying to think of what should I do next..

The air was fresh, it was blowing away my hair, I felt half alive, my thoughts and feelings were in another valley, lost and mixed, but the beauty of nature around me made me alive a little bit..

I passed by a park I used to go with Jun Hyung, we used to spend our day offs there, it was a normal park, some elementary school kids would come and play, but it was usually empty, we stayed alone and talked about lots of things that we’d forget about the time..

Funny how Seoul is a very big city, but every corner of it reminds me of Jun Hyung…

I sat on one of benches in the park, thinking of what I’m going to do now..

With me now living alone, no university, nothing to do, I thought of getting a job, maybe as a delivery boy in one of these restaurants, and move out of the apartment and look for a cheaper one that I could afford.. and most importantly..

Find the person that took away Jun Hyung..

Every time I think about this my heart becomes so tight that I feel like exploding, I never felt that someone would take away Jun Hyung from me this easily.. why would I be so sure? Because I’ve always thought that I was the only one in his eyes..

Every step in his life got me included, he would wake me up in the middle of the night just to kiss me tenderly, we would make love all night to release the stress we had at day, it was beautiful.. the way he spoiled me.. I miss it.

How did Jun hyung break up with me? How would I know? He didn’t seem honest, there were days that I’ve noticed that he had been acting differently, he seemed distant, he would stay at his part-time job very late, and his words were few when we were together.. I thought it was just because work and university stuff were piling up on him, but then suddenly I returned home and saw him with a serious expression “Sorry Taemin.. but I love someone else..”

Those words pierced my heart, I tried to look for reasons, wanted a logical explanation, but he didn’t have any, he said that we were going nowhere.. we changed, our relationship changed.. but through analyzing his words.. I think he meant he got bored.

The question is.. who is that person?

Is it a girl? I’m afraid so.. why wouldn’t he date a girl?

Jun Hyung was quite popular with the girls in our hometown, he would get love confessions nearly every single day, all girls surrounded him, he dated the prettiest girls in my hometown, there was even a rumor that he had dated a noona in Seoul,  I wouldn’t be surprised if he went back to her when we moved to Seoul.

I would like to know more.. I’m curious.. who is that girl? I want to meet her.. I want to get to know her.. I want to be close to her.

 

 

End of chapter 1.