Of Sweetness and Beauty

Of Sweetness and Beauty

“Are you sure that you two can do all this without our help?” After School’s magnae, Nana, asked yet again as she and fellow member Uee tried to get the passed out and drunk members of After School out of the building, NU’EST’s Ren and Minhyun nodding, waving them off.

“We can manage so don’t worry. Just be sure to get home safe, ok?” Minhyun commented with a smile, he and Ren waving their goodbyes to their sunbae group before walking back up to their dormitory and surveying the overall mess and damage done.

Minhyun couldn’t help but sigh; the place was trashed completely with party string everywhere and empty bottles all over the place. Their sunbaes had insisted on celebrating NU’EST’s debut but the girls had ended up getting drunk while the boys watched – none of them legal to drink at this stage. Sure, it had been a lot of fun what with the games they had played like Truth and Dare (Aron and Baekho having to kiss each of the After School members as a dare and JR kissing Ren much to Minhyun’s displeasure) but the mess left behind was catastrophic.

“Remind me to never have them here to drink ever again.” Minhyun muttered, Ren simply nodding with a stoic expression, the magnae of NU’EST not really one for words or showing emotions – a trait he must have gotten from Uee. “Well, I’ll start with the streamers and string if you clear up the cups?” Minhyun suggested, hoping to get this done quickly so they could sleep already, the other three members already asleep long before the girls had even left. Another nod from Ren and the two split up around the living room.

Every now and then Minhyun would look up to see Ren tidying neatly, nose scrunched up here and there from the strong scent of alcohol reeking from the bottles and cup he picked up in his girly hands. Some of the cups still held the clear liquid, Ren blinking and drinking some when Minhyun wasn’t watching, thinking nothing more of it as the substance scolded his throat but nothing more.

Minhyun was sweeping the floor up when he noticed the young blond smiling at nothing, his eyes glazed over slightly but sparkling with sudden joy.

“Ren?” Minhyun halted his sweeping actions to voice concern to the younger boy who turned to look at the brunette, that smile getting wider as he slid over and stood beside him, multiple paper cups stacked in his hands as he looked right at Minhyun.

“Yes hyung?” Minhyun blinked, startled by the carefree voice the magnae suddenly possessed.

“Are you ok?” The older boy rested a cool hand against Ren’s face, feeling it was a little warm and frowned. “Are you sick?” Ren shook his head, blond locks flying about with the action before settling around his face like a halo. “Are you sure? Your skin is a little warmer than it should be.”

“I’m fine~” Ren promised before skipping away to finish the little cleaning he was doing, Minhyun noticing his footsteps were a little uncoordinated, bee line even, like he was drunk or something.

“He must have drunk some.” Minhyun muttered softly with a sigh, shaking his head as he finished sweeping up, the dormitory now suitably clean once more – almost like no one had visited and trashed it to begin with.

“Are we going to bed now hyung?” Ren asked, appearing out of nowhere right by Minhyun’s ear, the older boy jumping, startled. Ren giggled the sound beautiful to Minhyun’s ears as he numbly nodded. “Sleep with me tonight?” Ren asked, hugging the brunette and dragging them off to their room without waiting for a reply, closing the door behind them while Minhyun numbly allowed to be dragged away in a small trance.

Darkness enshrouded them as Ren failed to put on the top light – probably not wanting to wake the other three members – undressing his day clothes and changing into his matching pyjamas before climbing onto his bed, sitting cross legged while he stared expectantly at Minhyun.

“Well?” He asked suddenly, Minhyun jumping yet again. “Aren’t you going to change and join me?” The blonde asked laughter still obvious in his drunken voice. Minhyun nodded, not that Ren could see, venturing over to his bed to grab his sleeping clothes, quickly changing and sliding over to Ren’s bed where the magnae was still waiting.

Getting a little impatient, Ren reached out and took the sleeve of Minhyun’s jumper, giving it a sharp tug which caused the brunette to tumble over onto the soft mattress, Ren throwing the covers over both of them before lying down, arms around Minhyun’s neck as he nuzzled into the older member and sighed in content.

“Night hyung~” Ren whispered, his breath warm on Minhyun’s exposed neck, the brunette swallowing his built up saliva before allowing himself to relax in Ren’s loose hold.

Nothing’s going to happen; he’s just a little drunk that’s all. Sleep will help him sober up quickly.Minhyun concluded, getting comfortable enough to shut his eyes, breathing in the sweet scent of the beauty beside him as Ren’s arms got tighter around him.

“Are you sleepy?” Ren’s voice sounded again, much softer than normal, Minhyun’s eyes fluttering open to stare right into the blonde’s captivating brown eyes, the pale moonlight streaming in the room enough to illuminate Ren’s pale make-upless face; the skin seeming to glow angelically.

“Not really, no.” Minhyun truthfully replied, voice just as soft as Ren’s had been, the boy smiling, pulling his body closer into Minhyun’s so their legs were intertwined together. Minhyun’s arms – that were previously resting behind his back – now found themselves around Ren’s slim waist, hands resting on the small of Ren’s back loosely while they gazed at one another.

“Can I try something hyung?” Ren asked curiously, Minhyun’s brow creasing in a frown as he pondered what Ren would want to try while they were already in bed trying to sleep. Regardless of the confusion, he nodded, accepting Ren’s request as the blonde smiled slightly. “Thank you.”

About to ask the reason behind thanking him, Minhyun felt something warm touching his lips, the brunette soon realising it was Ren kissing him lightly, the blonde’s eyes shut tightly in concentration. Minhyun could feel as Ren moved his mouth in calculated movements, the brunette shocked to feel his body responding naturally to those movements; arms tightening around the magnae’s waist to hold him closer while his tongue lightly grazed over Ren’s bottom lip.

Ren let out a soft gasp, eyes opening as Minhyun’s tongue entered his mouth and gently probed about the warm cavern, tasting every little section of the sweet smelling boy in his arms. Getting the feel of the kiss, Ren’s eyes shut once more as he started to touch Minhyun’s tongue with his own, the two eventually fighting for dominance over one another – neither winning as they had to pull apart, their lungs burning with need for oxygen.

The magnae’s face was unusually flushed; Minhyun’s a mirrored reaction from the intense kiss. They both panted softly, eyes locked on one another without saying words – their eyes spoke enough for them; they both had feelings for the other.

“W-We should sleep.” Minhyun whispered with a slight stutter, Ren blinking out of his trance and nodding, feeling as Minhyun held him in tightly to his side and kissed his forehead lightly.

“Night Ren.” The brunette whispered, feeling Ren tuck his warm face under his chin and smile.

“Night, Minhyun hyung.”