Freeze!

Freeze

Yoseob let out a long sigh as he closed the door to his apartment behind him. The vocalist just got back from a day-long photoshoot for Beast’s most recent tour. After a long, successful day at work, he was too tired to do anything but jump in bed; he didn’t even bother to turn on the hallway light, feeling his way to his room. His hands fumbled their way to the doorknob to his room and he entered the room just as silently.

What Yoseob didn’t know what that he wasn’t alone that night.

The tired man loosened the tie around his neck when he heard rustling behind him. Yoseob stopped and turned around, his heartbeat quickening. “Who’s there?” Yoseob asked into the darkness. No answer.The moonlight filtering through the window was the only thing that illuminated the room, throwing its pale light on the unmade bed. I swore I made it this morning, Yoseob shrugged that thought aside as he slipped his suit jacket off and hung it in the closet.

He walked to the kitchen, his stomach begging for food, shuffling his way to the kitchen. He the light in the kitchen this time, squinting as his eyes adjusted to the brightness. As his eyes adjusted to the light, he saw a blurry, foreign object before him.

“Freeze! Who’s there?” Yoseob made a grab for a knife, holding it out in front of him like in the movies.

“Aish, Yoseob. Put that thing down.” It was Doojoon, still dressed in his red suit he wore to the photoshoot. Yoseob had to admit, Doojoon looked handsome in it.

“What are you doing here?!” Yoseob asked, puzzled by the other man’s appearance in his apartment. “More importantly, how’d you get in here?”

Doojoon smirked. Yoseob felt his heart flutter. I hope he can’t heart my heart beating right now. The older man dug a hand in his pocket and pulled out a set of keys, keys to Yoseob’s apartment. The very keys Yoseob swore he left at home as a spare.

“How’d you get those?!” Yoseob was getting more confused by the second but didn’t really want Doojoon to answer his question. Answering his question would just lead them to more questions and answers and all Yoseob wanted to do was to sleep.

“Yah, relax,” Doojoon said nonchalantly, “And put that away, you’re making me nervous.” Yoseob was still holding on to the knife comically, having the sharp blade pointed at Doojoon. Doojoon put his hands around Yoseob’s tight fist and pulled the knife away from his grasp, all while staring dangerously into the younger man’s eyes. “There, now I don’t have to worry about dying tonight.” He smiled and Yoseob quickly looked away, feeling his face heat up.

“How’d you get in here? H-how’d you get my keys?” Yoseob’s voice quivered and he hated himself for showing the weaker side of himself, the side that Doojoon was only able to bring out.

“You gave them to me, remember?” Doojoon chuckled and leaned back against the kitchen counter. Yoseob gave him a quizzical look. “Don’t tell me you were too drunk to remember?” Doojoon laughed.

“’Doojoonie, if you ever get lonely, here’s my spare key’,” Doojoon mimicked the younger’s voice. Yoseob blushed and turned around in an attempt to hide his face, back facing Doojoon. Doojoon took a step closer and rested his head on Yoseob’s shoulder and wrapped his arms around the smaller boy. “I’ve got to admit, that was really cute.” Doojoon’s breath brushed against Yoseob’s ear, sending vibrations up Yoseob’s spine.

“I didn’t say that. I would never give my spare to anyone,” Yoseob protested, trying to wriggle free of Doojoon’s grasp.

“Not even me?” Doojoon pouted, tightening his grip. Yoseob fell silent, not knowing how to answer. He loved Doojoon, he really did. But what if the others found out? What if their manager, or fans, found out?

“No,” Yoseob whispered. “I can’t have you walking in and out of my apartment all the time. What would others think?”

“Let them think what they want,” Doojoon suggested. He let go of Yoseob before saying, “Or I could just leave, you know.” Doojoon began walking towards the front door slowly, looking over his shoulder waiting for Yoseob’s reaction. Yoseob was quiet.

“I’ll find someone else who’ll appreciate my presence.” Doojoon let anger drip from his words, hurt that Yoseob wasn’t fighting back. What, do I mean nothing to you? The older man turned the knob on the door, slowly opening the door, hoping for a response.

“Wait.”

Doojoon smiled.

I knew it.

Doojoon quietly closed the door. He returned to the smaller male whose back still faced him and whispered in his ear, “What was that?” He teased.

“I said,” Yoseob started. He took a deep breath before continuing, “I don’t care what others think.” He turned to face Doojoon to find him smiling. Yoseob felt warmth spread throughout his body, finding himself smiling in return. “Let them think what they think,” Yoseob said, barely above a whisper.

Before Yoseob could say anything else, Doojoon’s lips crashed on his and Yoseob felt like he was on cloud nine. He allowed himself to enjoy the soft lips that were pressed against his own. This feels to right. I don’t care what the others say.

Doojoon pulled away, allowing both to catch their breath. He took Yoseob’s hand and put something in them. “You can have them back if they mean so much to you.” Yoseob looked down at the spare key to his apartment resting in his palm.

“No, you keep it,” Yoseob said as he slipped them into Doojoon’s pocket and placed a soft kiss on Doojoon’s lips. You can come visit me anytime.

 

 

----

 

Man this oneshot was terrible! I'm so sorry guys! Threw this together in less than an hour. I want to spend more time and write a nice long story but I'll have to wait and do that when I'm not swamped with homework.

So what do you think about Dooseob? Could they be real? I think so.

 

Pictures' credit to whoever I got it from on Tumblr (I really don't remember who xDDD)