Love Letters

Love Letters

Todas as cartas de amor são
Ridículas.
Não seriam cartas de amor se não fossem
Ridículas.

All love letters are
Ridiculous.
They wouldn't be love letters if they weren't
Ridiculous.

            Sungjong was sitting in front of the dinner table full with white papers that were still untouched or others full of black paint and throw without care around the boy and the table.

            The boy sighed when he saw the paper that was the object of his attention. One word was the only thing that  tainted the white pure paper.

            “Love” it was. Such a simple and yet complicated word that everyone used but no one could define. And Sungjong, unfortunately, was like everyone else. He feel love, but could anyone really assure him that it was really love what he felt? Did he even know what love was? He just sighed again and drop his head back. He was starting to get an headache.

            Without him noticing because of his closed eyes and deep thoughts, someone was watching him with an amused smile as he read what the younger wrote in the white sheet.

            -Love letters are ridiculous.

            Sungjong got startle with the voice and turned to see Hoya standing behind him with an amused smirk and eyes in his little paper.

            -Don’t look. – squealed the youngest as he hide the object under his arms.

            -Are you writing a love letter? – said Hoya with amusement.

            -What? NO! Why would I? – said a desperate Sungjong. No one should know about his plans of confessing his feelings to someone.

            -Well I don’t know. But maybe that poker face guy that both of us know very well should know how to answer us. – and after Hoya finished his amusement grew as he saw Sungjong eyes grow with fear and embarrassment – But Jongie, let be honest. Love letters are stupid. You shouldn’t write your feelings in a fake “perfect way” because the best way is when you confront your love with your spontaneous words. That is the best way.

Também escrevi em meu tempo cartas de amor,
Como as outras,
Ridículas.

In my time I also wrote love letters
Equally, inevitably
Ridiculous.

            -Hyung, what do you feel about love letters? – asked Sungjong to the eldest of the seven guys, Sunggyu.

            -That is a hard question, Sungjong. I really don’t know what to answer to that. – he said with confused eyes and Sungjong dropped his head in disappointment and without any answers. – But I will try either way. – said Sunggyu with a smile and the other regain his hope back.

            -Well, love letters is an easy way to confess what you feel about someone. Some people are too shy or scare to confess face to face, so there is always this letters they do. I think love letters are stupid.

            -Why? – asked a desperate Sungjong.

            -Because love is stupid and makes you a fool. I have wrote love letters and when I think about it I just laugh at the stupidity that I wrote back then.

            -So you are saying that love is a bad thing? – Sungjong felt really bad now. So love is bad and turns him into a clown. Perfect.

            -No, Jongie. Well love is bad and good. Bad when things turn horrible, but it is still good. And, well, it is quite good when you are a fool to love. – said Sunggyu as he started to get out of the room, making Sungjong more confused and desperate.

            -What does that even means? – asked Sungjong in a soft and lower voice.

            -You will find out. – said Sunggyu in the hallway.

As cartas de amor, se há amor,
Têm de ser
Ridículas.

Love letters, if there is love,

Must be

Ridiculous

 

            Sungjong was watching some drama on television without much interest when Dongwoo sat himself next to him, putting one arm around the younger.

            -You seem a lot pensive this week, Jongie. What has gotten into your pretty head? – asked Dongwoo with his characteristic open and big smile.

            -Hyung, what do you feel about love letters? – asked Sungjong in a whispering voice. He was getting tired of asking this but he needed answers.

            -Well they are useful in a ridiculous way. – answer Dongwoo without any problem.

            -Could you explain that better, please? – Sungjong should make a philosophy love class with his hyungs one day. Their answers were always so confusing and deep.

            -Well that is hard for me to explain but I will say that they should be written when you really feel love and that is the only way they will be useful because love letters portray your love.

Mas, afinal,
Só as criaturas que nunca escreveram
Cartas de amor
É que são
Ridículas.

But in fact
Only those who've never written
Love letters
Are
Ridiculous.

            Woohyun was making something for the seven boys to eat when Sungjong appeared in his side with calculated and confused eyes. The older looked at the boy and smiled, turning his attention to the stove again. He needed concentration but Sungjong didn’t care and pouted about the lack of acknowledge to his presence and needs.

            -Hyung… - the boy said in a very spoiled way to get the older’s attention.

            -Yes, Jongie? Be quit! I need to pay attention to what I am making. – said the other boy still watching their dinner.

            -What do you feel about love letters? – asked, yet again, Sungjong with hope in the still no-spoken words of the elder.

            -You’re still with that? When Sunggyu told me about your little question I thought it was only a phase. – Woohyun complained and Sungjong pouted once again. The WooGyu were like a  couple of old woman gossiping about other people life.

            -Just answer it. – order Sungjong in an annoyed way.

            -Shee okay. Well I find them really stupid, that is why I never wrote one. – answer Wohhyun without looking at the fallen face of the maknae. – Is it hard for someone to just confess their love without hiding themselves in a stupid paper?

            -You are stupid WOOHYUN! – screamed Sungjong at the older and got out of the kitchen as fast as he could.

            -What did I do now? – asked a surprised Woohyun with Sungjong outburst.

A verdade é que hoje
As minhas memórias
Dessas cartas de amor
É que são
Ridículas.

The truth is that nowadays
My memories
Of those love letters
Are the ones which are
Ridiculous

            Sungjong remember how he closed the red envelope that hides his letter to Myungsoo and how strong he clenched it to his chest. He was nervous but happy nonetheless about his decision and hard work. He may not be a writer or a poet but he worked really hard into making this that he stayed all night up to write the perfect love letter, and he found it acceptable.

            Now he was slowly walking to his love interest room to give his heart away. The nervous feeling and stress was getting bigger and bigger with each step he made but his heart and brain were allies to make Sungjong confess his love to Myungsoo already.

            In an instant, the maknae of Infinite was in front of his love bedroom door, thinking and gathering courage and strength to knock. It was hard, he knew, he was a fragile sentimental guy and the stress was eating him but his determination was stronger.

            He knocked twice and heard some type of commotion inside the room when the door opened. Sungjong inhaled his breath and hold it until he saw his love. But what he saw made him disappointed and confused.

            The person who had opened the door was Sungyeol and what intrigued the boy confusion was the fact that the taller boy was in a complete mess. He had his hard totally a mess, he was blushing hard, his shirt was backwards and his lips were red and swollen. He looked just like he made out with someone.

            -Sungjong? – he heard Myungsoo’s voice and looked at the other boy that was in the same state as Sungyeol.

            Sungjong wasn’t dumb and he could do the simple one plus one and see that the two boys were making out with each other. He really wasn’t dumb but he wasn’t strong. When he saw the picture of the two boys in a hectic state his mind went blank. He put his hand in front of his mouth to stop the crying sound to come out of his lips as his tears started to roll down on his cheeks. As he put his hands to his face, the letter fell to ground as he heart too, the only difference was that the envelope would still be intact and perfect and his heart would be broken and spill all over the floor in a million shatters.

            -What’s wrong? – asked Myungsoo as he saw his friend breakdown. He approached the boy and put his hand on Sungjong shoulder but the other shudder it out and backed away.

            -Don’t touch me! – he screamed and run out of their sights and out of the house. He was heartbroken and by know he didn’t want to see anyone.

>< 

            Yeah I lied when I said I would update until Friday night but I was tired. I know I am on Easter’s holidays but I had a long shift at work and when I got home I just went straight ahead to be x.x So sorry

            Weeee for the first oneshot! This poem is so nice and one of my favorite of Alvaro Campos (one of Fernando Pessoa’s pseudonyms) and I just felt that this one would look great with Sungjong x3

            And yet again I made a sad ending about MyungJong. I may start to think that I like to make them suffer… I don’t know xD

            Well I hope you people liked it and tell me who gave the best “advice” to Sungjong ^^

p.s. Next one is JongDae