Chapter 22

Clutter & Douchebag

I ran away as fast as I can. I reached the school's garden to calm myself down. I heaved a deep breath and sat down on the grass.

It took me seconds to realize what I was doing back in the clinic. I don't know but, I just did; I wiped Myungsoo's nose. It feels very awkward to touch someone you're not in good terms with. In the corner of my eye, I saw L staring at me, probably shocked at what I was doing. I didn't like the fact that he's staring at me, so I just ran like a retard.

But honestly, I felt my cheeks turning bright pink at that time. I grumbled and lay down, completely lost with my own train of thoughts.

-----

While you were in the school's garden, Myungsoo was still in the clinic. He washed his nose and found an ice pack himself. He checked himself on the mirror and saw a bruise on the bridge of his nose, and another one on his cheek.

"Oh, I'm so sorry I came here just now! The nurse a while ago told me that someone has a injury. But, are you okay now?" a nurse went inside and appeared beside him. Myungsoo mentally scoffed and showed the nurse his bruises.

*I'll be sarcastic If I told you I am completely fine. It's too obvious that I'm not in a good condition.* Myungsoo thought, annoyed, while the nurse was putting an ointment and bandage on his bruise.

 

"Myungsoo-yah! You really made us worried. We thought you've gone blind!" Sunggyu, along with the other Infinite members, stormed inside the clinic. Myungsoo rolled his eyes and shook his head at their exaggerated actions.

"Sunggyu hyung, he's fine now. Just look at his eyes; they're rolling like a buffalo. (OTL OMG I'M HAVING EXO FEELS RN)" said Sungjong which made all of them snort.

"And where did you even get that 'rolling like a buffalo'?" Dongwoo asked him with his famous trademark laugh. Sungjong just grinned and turned back to the injured Myungsoo.

"Where is ~~~~~-ah, by the way?" asked Woohyun to Myungsoo while scanning the place. Myungsoo froze for a moment but then he shrugged. You've already been away for 10 minutes and curiosity struck him. *Where on earth did she go?*

"It's almost dismissal, we should go now! I'm craving for another coffee." Sungyeol frowned and slung his backpack on his shoulder. The others agreed and helped Myungsoo with his things. Myungsoo glanced at the tissue box you handed him and strode off with them.

-----

I was walking down the hallway towards my locker. I went back to the clinic a while ago but then Myungsoo wasn't there anymore. I asked the nurse where he went and she mentioned that he already went home with Infinite.

I shut my locker closed and head outside. But then, someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and found Byunghun.

"Oh, Byunghun-ah, what are you still doing here? I thought you already went home with Jieun." I asked while we walk together. He rubbed the back of his neck and chuckled.

"I just wanted to check you out--I mean, I wanted to know if you're doing fine." he flashed a smile, which made me stare at him for a while. I chuckled and both of us stopped our tracks at the school's garden.

"How's Myungsoo, though?" he asked while glancing at me.

"Myungsoo? He's okay now. But, I really don't know what have gotten inside me! It's not my intention to--"

"It's okay, ~~~~~-ah! I know you didn't mean it. I should be the one to blame because you caught my presence that you didn't notice Hoya." he faced me and lightly squeezed my shoulders. I couldn't look straightly to his eyes so I just nodded.

"BUT, I really feel like it's my fault--" I was cut off when I saw his straight face. I sighed and my shoulders deflated.

"Don't feel down! Cheer up! I wanted to see that sweet smile on your face everyday." he ruffled my hair and chimed.

....Okay, I didn't see that coming. Byunghun actually said that he wants to see my "sweet" smile everyday.

My heart literally skipped a beat at what he said. I feel like I've been soaked into a pool of feelings. I tried saying something but my jaw stopped me from doing it.

"Yah, ~~~~~-ah, did I say something wrong?" Byunghun waved his hand in front of my face. I blinked a few times before shaking my head.

"Aniya, I just---oh look! Snow is already pouring down!" I changed the topic when I saw a single snow fall from the sky. Both of us looked up and watched the snow fall in astound.

The white snow covered the trees and benches around. Cold breeze can be felt as we walk towards the school's gate.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Keep that smile on your face, arasso? Annyeong!" Byunghun waved goodbye and head off.

"I will, Byunghun." I said to myself and squealed my heart out. He is so sweet today. Should I.......confess soon?

No, no, that's not a good idea. It's weird for a girl like me to confess to a boy. Well, isn't it?

-----

I plopped myself on my bed and stared at the ceiling, thinking about what appa has just mentioned after his therapy.

FLASHBACK

I got home safely from school and found appa already prepared. A smile appeared on my face, because despite his affliction, he could still manage to work and move by himself.

I changed into casual clothes and greeted appa downstairs.

"You ready, appa?" I asked him. He gave me a nod, and both of us head to the hospital.

 

He went through analysis and the doctors told us that he's doing fine and recovering well. I sighed in relief that he's getting better as time pass by.

While we were waiting for the last result, appa seems like he wants to tell me something important.

"Appa, what's the matter?"  I called him. He shook his head but I'm still not satisfied with his response.

"Really, what is it?" I slightly frowned at him. He paused for a moment and asked,

"You know your aunt's and cousins' place is in Daegu, right?"

I tilted my head in confusion but eventually answered, "Yes, I do know that."

Appa fixed his position and faced me, "And, you will be graduating in 7 months, won't you?"

"Uhm, yes I would. But appa, why are you asking me these kind of questions?"

Before appa could spill what he's hiding inside, he heaved a sigh and said,

"I'll live in Daegu and you will stay here in Seoul to pursue your college and work. I also wanted you to live by your own now."