Labyrinth: Chapter 12

Labyrinth
The pain kept her under. Even as the slightly painful tugs at her chest subsided, her body was battered. She remembered the bodies of her comrades, Infinite and their Commander. Most of their scars that would never fade. If she couldn't withstand a bullet once, how did the others do it multiple times?

She could hear Nichkhun's soft and soothing humming in Thai, reassuring her that she was going to be fine. She heard things... Things she couldn't recall before.

The scene at home where her father so rarely brought a guest home let alone a whole family. She knew those small slit eyes,  that hamster-like face.

She felt herself being moved, a sharp yet childish voice spoke. She felt clean air surrounding her and then...nothing.

When she awoke, her eyes burned at the light. It took a while for her to tell herself to breathe and then the static trilled highly and then stopped. She winced slightly as the alarmed voices of the boys pierced her.

"Haera! She's awake."
"Thank God."
"Haera can you hear me?"

"S-s-Sunggyu," she muttered. 

***************************************
Junho's face fell slightly. Why the hell was she saying Sunggyu's name? "H-Haera? Sunggyu isn't here, he's at HQ remember? Only Hoya is here," he reminded her.

She made a movement, kind of like a jerk or a reflex and moaned as the stitches burned. Hoya gently pushed her back down. "Relax, you have to take it easy," Hoya reassured her.

"What happened?" she muttered. "My lungs are burning."

"You were shot. It was really serious so I reckon you shouldn't move for a while, let the stitches heal," Jokwon said gently.

"I-I-I saw things. Remembered more likely," Haera said hesitantly. 

Junsu raised an eyebrow. Jinwoon moved closer to Yukwon and Chansung paled. "What is it?" Junho coaxed.

"I've seen Sunggyu before. And Yukwon," she said. There was silence but she saw Junho stiffen and Jokwon shoot a concerned glance to the others. "I think.... I think we're related."

*******************************************
Jinwoon sighed as he helped Minhyuk walk. The helicopter just landed at HQ and the injured boy had a hard time taking care of himself.

They had all been silent after visiting Haera at the hospital. Yukwon especially, knowing that Haera and Sunggyu were related to him. But were they immediate family? Or maybe just distant cousins? Nobody knew.

From all that Seulong could gather, there were four main families involved, the Kims, Lees, the Jangs and the Woos. And then the rest branched out to smaller families like Woohyun's who was a Nam.

"Yukwon, Howon and Minhyuk, you should join your units. We'll have a debrief when the Captain calls us. For now, just rest, the rest of you, let's go," Taec instructed.

After Jay's unfortunate death, Taec had been as close to a replacement for a leader and the rest took it in their stride. They walked silently, to their meeting room and after Jokwon activated his system, began to convene.

"Okay, Jokwon, summarize what we know so far," Taec began.

"First of all, we now know that everyone in Infinite and BlockB are related and are likely descended from those who founded Hidden. We also know that this is the reason why they are in the Selections. 

Also, the Captain has only started this part of his plan now. He brought us again together, why? And why were Jay and MBLAQ pawns in this game?" Jokwon recited.

"This is what I still dont get," Junsu offered. "We were fine for about two years, why did Jay suddenly come up with this plan?"

"Does it matter? We all saw why we needed to do it in the end," Seulong said.

"Yes, actually, it does matter. Why would Jay suddenly come up with a dangerous plan to kill the Captain and escape? On top of that, bring MBLAQ into the plan at the last minute? We understood the part about escaping and getting revenge on the Captain but what brought it on?" Khun questioned.

"Does anyone remember him at the point in time? What he used to do strangely or whatnot?" Changmin frowned.

"What are you saying? That someone planted this idea into his head? That's ridicu-"

"Yiseul," Junho said suddenly. "It was Yiseul, he was seeing her secretly. I mean, we shared a room together, he kept going out at night to the hospice claiming he was sick. It had to be for her.."

There was shocked and stunned silence. Nobody wanted to say what they were all thinking but their slowly crumpling faces mirrored each other. "You can't, you can't be serious, hyungs," Jinwoon whined. "It's Jay, for s' sake, it's our Jay. He loved us he wouldn't do that."

"I don't like it either Jinwoon," Khun's eye glistened. "But he's dead and we don't know anything else that could have caused this."

"Does it matter what his intentions were? Didnt we all agree to the plan? Surely all of you thought it was the right thing to do?"

"Think, Jinwoon. We almost died that day and if we don't do something, your unit is going to die, MY unit is going to die! No matter who comes out fourteen of them will die! Why don't you get that?" Junho snarled, frustrated; tears streaming down his face. 

He didn't want to believe it either. His Hyung, the one he loved and suffered in silence for months on end for, a suspected betrayal. It was hard to wrap around. But Infinite's lives were at stake.

"No," Taec finally said. "Jay didn't do this, I refuse to believe it. He might have had his reasons but the probability of all of us dying was extremely high. Jay's only friends were us, he wouldn't sell us off to anyone. If anything he thought we were in danger and we had to get out fast."

"How would you know-?" Changmin started.

"It doesn't matter right now," Jokwon stated. "We all saw the need to get out of here and we still do. I propose we stick to the plan and carry it out before the Selections."

******************************
BlockB and Infinite had gathered in one of their combat halls. Immediately after the three boys got back, Sunggyu and Zico demanded to know what happened. What happened after that wasn't pretty.

"Hyung, calm down, please," Woohyun pleaded as Sunggyu snarled and punched the dummy again. He shot Hoya a frightened look which Hoya ignored. 

", ," Taeil cursed as he paced around the hall.  "Okay everyone just needs to calm down, right now!" Dongwoo shouted. "I know we're all confused and stuff but let's wait until the Commanders get here."

"Easy for you to say," L scoffed at him. "I don't see any Jangs here, should be easy on your conscience to kill us off."

Hoya snarled and lunged for L who blocked him, "Don't talk to him like that!"

"Nobody's going to kill anyone,  we still have two weeks to the Selections. We still have time to figure this out," Zico reasoned.

"Let's just wait till the Commanders get here ok," Kyung said rationally. The tallest of them all suddenly stood up and glared at all of them. "Forget them, I'm getting out of here ASAP."

*******************************
Hi guys! Hope you like this chappie! So much dialogue though I'm sorry:(