Halfway

Salvation (One Shot)

She had been trapped in this darkness for so long. She thought she was well off alone. She has shut herself off from the world she once loved so much.  Never in her wildest dreams did she imagine she would turn out the way she was that moment. Never did it slip into her mind that one day she has to face such an ordeal in a phase of her life. All it took was three words..

"Let's break up.."

She wasn't really interested in relationships. It never slipped her mind especially because of the industry she was in. People could be so judgemental. They always say they brush off negativity. No. That was never the case.  The harsh criticism will and will always get into your head. It will keep on replaying inside your head and take over you. You'll just lose the passion to perform if you let it consume you. It almost happened to her once. When they debuted, mixed comments about her uality arose. She never openedly talked about it. She cried. People started calling her mean names. 
But then he came. They were able to talk comfortably. She was always at ease around her "hyungs". The atmosphere is completely lighter. She's a girl. She really is. All it takes is a little digging. He was able to dig it out of her. He liked her. She liked him. That was simply it, they got together. 

All were happy. Everything was fine. They managed to keep the relationship burning for as long as their idol lives can remember. Until that was it. He got tired. She didn't know. He was fed up. She didn't understand. He left. As simple as they got together, it was simpler to break things off. Well at least for him.. She's decided to close her doors since then. Silently hoping someone could actually save her.

 

-----------------------------

He should serve as the older figure. Besides the fact that he is older biologically speaking, he came into the company waaaay before she arrived. Their first meeting wasn't really what you call ideal. They teased each other non stop. Name calling, pranks, name it. They did that. It was fun but harmful. It didn't really make them any closer. They were just prank buddies so to speak. He only stopped it when she was about to debut. He noticed how beautiful she had become. How the aura and light of her face brightened up his day. He knew it. He wanted her. 'Til that day, she saw her with another guy. He was sure of it. That guy was the reason behind those smiles. He was jealous. No, even more like angry. But he can't do anything. As much as he wants her, he cares for her too much. It's been decided, her happiness comes first before his desires.

----------------------------

He watched carefully. It was the comeback stage of her group. He noticed it. Their was something off with her performance. She wasn't as energetic as she was. Her raps aren't as powerful as they really were. He wasn't aware of was going on with her. Nobody did. She didn't dare tell. He only wished he could ram the stage and hug her as tight as he can. But he can't. People were looking. That guy might be looking. They finished. She went backstage. They shared a high five. He smiled. She smiled back. Then again he wished that he was the reason behind that smile. 

-------------------------

She lost weight. He may seem too weird to notice such minute details but he was sure her v-line wasn't as visible as it was then. He wondered whether she eats properly. "Has she been sleeping?" He thought. He was really concerned. He'd do anything to help her, to have her.

"Amber, you seem to have lost weight? Are you sick?"

"Ah, no. I'm fine oppa. We were just preparing for the comeback that we had to practice so much. The dance was extreme so I had it as exercise. Oppa, I' ve got to go. See ya."

She left. His worry escalated. She was so fragile, too precious. He just wants to lift her up and care for her.

---------------------

She noticed his efforts by the day. She felt it. She felt that he cares for her. She always felt it. Ever since the day she arrived, she knew he was a guy she can trust wholeheartedly. He'd always been a brother figure. But not that day, she saw him as a man. A man than can treat a girl right. She lied. She hasn't been eating well. She isn't really sick but she'd been skipping meals. In addition to the workload, skipping her meals haven't really helped. They met again for a stage performance. He was right. She did lose a lot of weight. In the changing room, he came. For some weird reason she was happy he came. She was happy to see him.

------------------

His group performed first. Fabulous, it was a better word to describe their performance rather than shining. Their dance performance had never been better. They never gave a weak live performance. They perform consistently. That stage wasn't an exception. Her group came next. Nerves were consuming her. She was about to step unto the stage until he held her back. He grabbed her hand and hugged her tight. 

"Let me help you. Let me save you. I've always wanted you.."

She can't speak. He let go.

"Kill the song."

She rushed on stage. Her heart pounded like crazy. They were to sing a ballad. It required powerful vocals. She has a decent voice, everybody knows that but this song showcased her vocals better than anything else. She started singing. People started clapping. She was dumbfounded. Tears have made their way through her cheeks. They were unstoppable. She faced the camera. She knew he was watching. A thumbs up and a nod. That was it. He understood. They ended the ballad with high notes. She no longer bowed. She headed backstage. She came running into his arms. 

"Yes. It's a yes.."

He finally reached her. She was saved. They finally met halfway.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First time I tried writing a one shot. How is it? :) Hope  you would also check out my fics. :D Thanks!