Chapter 1

First Love

 

"This is gonna be the start of something new." A girl with bright big eyes and light brown, medium length hair said with her fist up.

"Tokyo High, gear up for Matsumoto Fuyumi!" Then, in her school uniform, a navy blue blazer with a nice white dress shirt and navy tie inside and checkered skirt with folded white socks at her ankles and dirty white sneakers, Fuyumi opened the door and entered the classroom.

Once she stepped inside the loud rowdy classroom stopped and paid close attention to her. Fuyumi suddenly felt hot in her cheeks as she slowly walked up to the front of the room and up to the teacher. She could hear girls snickering at her immature backpack: a grey koala with a zipper at its head.

"Ahh Matsumoto-san. Why don't you introduce yourself?" The teacher asked as all was still quiet.

Fuyumi nodded and turned to the classroom. She gulped as she saw all eyes on her, "Hi. I'm Matsumoto Fuyumi, nice to meet you." She bowed as everything was still silent.

"Okay then. Fuyumi-san why don't you sit in between Hana and Jin?" The teacher said. Once she said Jin's name all the girls started whispering saying things such as, "Why does SHE get to sit next to Akanishi-kun?" "Not fair I'm way prettier than her." And so on.

Fuyumi walked over to the back in between Hana and Jin. Hana looked at her curiously as Jin simply didn't care.

"Alright then class…" The teacher then continued on with the lesson.

*Riinnngg* The bell rang as it signaled time for lunch. Everyone started to get up and leave but a swarm of girls circled around Jin as he sat there leaning back in his chair.

"Jin-kun I brought you some food." A girl said, then another girl pushed her away and smiled at him.

"No eat the food I MADE for you Jin." She said then more and more girls started arguing on who would give him food.

Fuyumi looked on with awe, *So this is how it's like in Japan.*

"Don't worry it's always like this." Hana said next to her.

Fuyumi looked over at her, "huh?"

"He's the number one hottie at this school. Great looks, body and grades, he's practically perfect. Except his attitude." Hana said, "Besides that, though, have I seen you around before?"

Fuyumi looked closely at Hana, wondering herself, she then remembered her elementary school best friend long ago but then shook her head, *That can't be right.*

"I don't think we've ever seen each other around before. I used to live in America before I came here." Fuyumi said.

"No kidding? America?" Hana said surprised as she remembered her old best friend, a cute young girl with a tomboy look and bowlcut.

Fuyumi nodded then suddenly Jin stood up, fed up with all the girls then walked away. The girls squealed as they kept following him.

"You know.. I used to have a friend in America, but I left when we were still really young." Hana said ignoring Jin and the girls.

"Really? Me too. I mean my best friend left to go to Japan since her father had work there." Fuyumi said.

"Really? That's such a coincidence." Hana said smiling, "My name is Takeuchi Hana. Nice to meet you."

"Matsumoto Fuyumi." Fuyumi said smiling, then all of a sudden both of them stood up and pointed at each other.

"AH!" They said simultaneously.

"F-Fuyu?" Hana said with surprise.

"H-Hana?" Fuyumi also said.

"But you can't be! Fuyu was a cute tomboy girl with a bowl cut."

"That was a long time ago Hana I grew into a high schooler." Fuyumi said, then they widened their eyes and looked at each other.

"HANA!"

"FUYU!" They then hugged each other out of happiness.

"What happened? The last time I left you, you were-" Hana stopped dead in her tracks remembering the past as her eyes went dark.

"Ah don't worry so much Hana that was a long time ago." Fuyumi smiled brightly.

"But your family-"

"Is completely fine." Fuyumi finished for her, "For real. They came back, it was all just a prank! Otherwise how would I have enough money to get here in Japan?"

"Really? That's great then! How horrible though! For them to pull a prank on you." Hana said sighing with relief.

"Yea I was pretty mad for a while." Fuyumi smiled while scratching the back of her head.

"You? You were the most carefree child I've ever met in my life." Hana said.

"Well every little kid is carefree."

"Not as carefree as you. You never even got sad or cried, let alone got mad." Hana said.

"Really? Could've sworn I've gotten mad before." Fuyumi said thinking.

Hana smiled, "Well it's really nice to see you after like almost 10 years. Never had such good of a friend as you."

"Aww shucks. Thanks Hana." Fuyumi said scratching the back of her neck and smiling.

"We should definitely hang out today after school. I know this great club for teenagers, don't worry there's no alcohol or anything like that." Hana said.

"Really? Yea let's go!" Fuyumi said smiling, "But… before that… I have to go to the bathroom." She said laughing nervously.

Hana snickered as she smiled, "Of course. Do you know where it is?"

"Yea!" Fuyumi said.

"No…" Fuyumi repeated to herself as she walked around for about 10 minutes already. She then saw two girls walking by and confronted them.

"Umm sorry for asking but do you know where the bathroom is?" Fuyumi asked, she realized they were girls from her classroom.

Both of the girls gave sly looks to each other and looked at Fuyumi, "yea just go to the all the way top, taking the stairs and the bathroom should be there."

Fuyumi smiled warmly, "Thank you!" Then she ran to the stairs.

Fuyumi made it all the way to the top, sweating at how many stairs she had to climb, and finally opened the door to the….. ROOF?

Fuyumi looked on with disbelief as she sighed, *Guess those girls didn't really know where it was…*

She was about to turn around and go until she saw a figure standing and looking out from the edge of the roof.

Fuyumi looked at him and then walked carefully over. Once she was behind him she greeted him.

"Hello." Fuyumi said as the man slightly jumped a bit and looked over at Fuyumi. She noticed it was Jin.

"What do you want?" He asked bored.

""Umm… Do you know where the bathroom is? I thought it was here but…" Fuyumi stopped looking around the roof.

He turned to look at her, "Are you stupid?"

"Huh?" Fuyumi asked slightly surprised but taking no offense.

"This is the roof. Why would there be a bathroom here?" Jin said.

"Well you know.. Unexpected things happen everyday." Fuyumi said laughing at herself nervously as she looked out the edge as well, looking at the beautiful blue sky.

Jin thought over her words carefully as he heard a women's voice in his thoughts, *Jin, unexpected things happen everyday. Don't be surprised when on your worst days, a wonderful thing happens.*

"What do you want? To give me a love letter?" Jin asked looking out at the sky as well.

Fuyumi looked at him, "Wh-Why? Should I?"

Jin looked at her confused, "Nevermind."

"Ahh okay then…" Fuyumi said as it turned awkward.

"So! Isn't the sky really pretty today?" She said making small talk.

"Why are you trying to talk to me?" Jin asked.

"Right…" She said, then she turned around to look at him, "Well I thought I'd make new friends since I'm new here." She smiled.

"Stop smiling so much. It's giving me a headache."

"Oh sorry." Fuyumi said looking back towards the sky.

*Riiinnngg*

"AHH! Crud!" Fuyumi said, "The bell rang and I still haven't gone to the bathroom! Well I guess I'll see you in class. Bye!"

She then ran away but then came up again.

"By the way what's your name?" Fuyumi asked.

"Jin. Akanishi Jin." He said looking at this peculiar girl.

Fuyumi smiled warmly, "Well hi Jin. My name is Matsumoto Fuyumi. Nice to meet you." She then left once again for good.

Jin simply looked on at the weird girl and also started walking down the stairs and back to class.