The Letter

You Make Me Go Insane

"Wait, this isn't your house, is it?" Sungjae asked his girlfriend.

"U-uh, we moved... I-I forgot to tell you that, sorry." Jiae tried to cover up.

"Oh, ok. You were pretty busy lately." Sungjae believed her lies.

"Well. I better go. Bye see you tomorrow!" Jiae gave her tall boyfriend a kiss and ran up to her 'house'.

Sungjae slowly walked back, then hid behind a bush. Jiae looked around to see if her boyfriend was still there, but to her relief, her was out of sight.

"Open up, honey! I'm here!" Jiae knocked on the door. Apperently, she spoke her words loud enough for Sungjae to hear.

Honey? Don't tell me she's...

"Oh babe!" A very cute looking guy opened his door and gave Jiae a kiss.

"What are we having for dinner Minhyuk?" Jiae wrapped her arm around the guy's arm and walked in. After they shut the door, Sungjae stepped out of his hiding spot.

I knew it! She was cheating on me!

Sungjae ran all the way back home. He locked himself in his room and opened up his notebook that his dead mother gave him.

He slowly started writing in it.

Dear Jiae,

I know you're cheating on me.

When I walked you back home, it was the house of another guy.

When we're out on a date, I felt like you always walked a bit farther from me when there were a lot of people.

You know, we're just like a big balloon shrinking down, we've cooled down.

Now I can't hide my frusteration.

Tell me, what went wrong?

It's always the same, last night, you turned away from me.

Now I'm tired of being the clingy one.

I should've realized, because to me, it was always you, I always trusted you.

But every night, it's really lonely, miserable, and tiring.

I'll leave you so I'll hate you.

Now I won't cling onto you anymore.

I'm gonna be better without you, it's better if I'm not here.

But especially today, you have so many secrets you're keeping from me.

Did you know that you make me go insane? You give me so much pain.

I won't be back again if I leave. You'll always pretend nothing is wrong. As much as I don't want to, I wanna hate you.

You really make me go insane right now.

I was a fool to not realize that you didn't love me anymore. Every night, you always turned away from me.

I'm going to go back to myself before I met you, I'll be leaving back to my old town, don't look for me to say goodbye.

I won't look back, although it's hard to let you go without regret.

It still hasn't hit me yet about you. The promises we made are gone with the wind.

I could only see your cold eyes, when I catch you. But like a wretch, I still miss your smile, and I hate myself for that.

I really still can't aknowledge that it's the end for you and me.... I wish I could die.

Now, the memories of when I first met you is faint.

I can feel that the love swing has stopped.

I'll board the train that will never come back. I'll let you go.

I'll throw it all away, I'll let it all go so you can leave now.

Even though my heart hurts, don't ever look for me, so I can forget you.

I love you, Jiae.

 

                                                                                   Sincerely,

                                                                                             You ex-boyfriend, Yook Sungjae

 

Sungjae put the letter in a envelope and sent it to Jiae's house. He packed his stuff and bought a ticket for Seoul. Without a word, he left his small town, silently.