Spring 1995

The Seasons

 

Spring 1995

 

That’s when we first met. The spring of 1995. I still remember that day clearly. My parents decided to take me out for a picnic and by coincidence, I met you. I recall you accidently pushed me over while riding your bike. You recall it differently of course. Something about I stood in your way while your were trying to get past me. Those little details don't mean much now...

 

It was at Seoul Park. The cherry blossoms had just started to bloom, the weather was nice and you became my best friend that spring. We would spend our days playing together, endlessly. Just you and me, two children without a care in the world playing frivolously.

 

I remember you yelling out my name out of affection and you were the very first one I had called Oppa. My very first Oppa, my very best Oppa. The words Taecyeon Oppa would be hanging off almost every sentence. Every time I felt happy, like when my parents bought me a brand new doll or even when I felt sad, like the numerous times I’ve fell due to my clumsiness, I would call for you. And every time, you would be by my side after hearing those words without fail.

 

To a 6 year old me, you were like my knight in shining armor. The dashing prince in my very own fairytale. I used daydream about what we’d be like in ten, twenty years time. In all my dreams that spring, even in ten years time, we would still be young, happy, carefree and forever the bestest friends…