Chapter five – and can you smile?

Perfections That Come with Flaws

 

Chapter five – and can you smile?

That day, I didn’t go downstairs to eat with my mother and Woohyunoppa. Instead, I slept early, still thinking of what happened that day.

Why did Minhyun do it?

The next day wasn’t any better either. Nothing Woohyun oppa did made me smile. Thankfully, mother went to work so she didn’t witness any of my depression. She thought I was too tired when I didn’t go down for dinner.

In the car, when Woohyunoppa drove me to school, it was like the cemetery. Only dead silence was there. Neither of us talked. Woohyun oppa had tried many times to get what happened out of me and to cheer me up but that didn’t work.

“When should I pick you up?” he asked when we arrived.

“Stay nearby. I’ll call.” I said, without any emotion.

“Don’t be like this the whole day, Ri-ah.” Oppa said.

“Drive safely.” I said and turned my back to him.

Mihi greeted me like usual. I was able to form a thin line with my lips but not a smile. it wasn’t that I didn’t want to smile, but that I couldn’t. I didn’t know why.

When I went to the class, and took my seat, most of the students were already there. Besides those who came late of course. Ren and Minhyun.The two from NU’EST that was in my class.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw the two enter into the class. Minhyun had his eyes focused on me. Ren ‘accidentally’ slipped and dropped his books. During that time, while I was helping him, he slipped a note into my hands a grinned when others didn’t see.

Yuri-ah! Why are you in a bad mood today? Is it because of Minhyunnie?
He didn’t mean anything he said!! Don’t look like that! =C

When I looked back at him he made a motion with his hands to smile. But when Mihi turned around to talk to me, he got his static, emotionless expression on again.

“Hey, is it really because of yesterday or because you won’t be able to see your prince again?” Mihi asked, in a teasing tone.

“He’s an arrogant prince and I really don’t care. I just don’t know why I’m mood off.” I said, truthfully.

“Smile, please, Yuri. It’s depressing seeing you like this.” Mihi said.

“I don’t know.” I sighed. The teacher came in then, and Mihi had to turn back. Even though I didn’t look back, I knew Minhyun’s eyes were on me. I felt them.

­.

“Hey, what do you think is wrong with Yuri? She hasn’t smiled even once today..” Ren said as he and Minhyun walked in the hallway to meet the other member of NU’EST.

“How should I know?” Minhyun asked, pretending that he didn’t care. Though, he really did. He felt as if it was his fault that she was like that. But what had he done besides saving her from some ets?

“I don’t get girls. I’ve never dated.” Minhyun said.

“Yah, Minhyun, what did you do to Yuri?” Baekho asked as they met up. “She didn’t even smile or laugh today in PE. Exactly after five minutes, she went off to the nurse. What did you do to her?”

“Why do you think I did something to her?” Minhyun whined.

“You were throwing verbal daggers at each other yesterday and today she’s down in the dumps. I swear if you did anything to her, you won’t see the daylights again.” JR warned.

“Aish, I don’t know.” Minhyun rolled his eyes and put his hands in his pockets and walked away. Why did they all blame him anyway? Because he also blamed himself, maybe?

Argh, he thought. I don’t care anymore!

“Now why is he like that?”Aron asked, joining them from behind.

“It’s obviously because of some other argument they had.” Baekho said. “Let them be.”

“But..” JR started. “I feel insecure with both of them like that. What if someone tries to take a punch on Minhyun when he’s like that?”

“That’s true but these are things they need to resolve on their own. Let them be. If they’re like that tomorrow, I’m going to talk to Rin in front of everyone.” Ren said.

“When did you start calling her Rin. Isn’t it always Ri?” Aron asked.

“Rin sounds nicer.” Ren said.

“Rascal. Just because it sounds like Ren.”Baekho laughed and messed with the maknae’s hair.

JR also grinned. Though, he was still thinking about Minhyun and Yuri.

-

I clicked play and the music began blaring in the empty practice room. I quickly began to dance.

Hips, feet

I thought that dancing would make me feel better. It always did. Other than playing guitar it was one thing that made me feel happy.

Just as I was dancing, the music stopped. I turned around to see Minhyun standing there with the remote to the player.

I sighed. “What is it?”

“Everyone wants to know why you’re acting like you are. How about explaining?” he asked, walking closer. “Starting with me.”

“I don’t know why I’m acting like this, so put on the music.” I said turning around.

“No.” I could see his face from the mirror in front of me.

“Why not?” I asked.

“Sit.” He said and dropped his body to the floor.

“Look, I don’t have ti-

“Just a few questions. Wouldn’t it make you feel better if you also knew what is bothering you?” he asked. At that moment, everything he said made sense.

Sighing, I sat down, legs crossed, in front of him.

“So, why are you acting like this?”

“I don’t know.”

“Ever got assaulted like that before?”

“Once.”

“How did you escape?”

“Woohyun oppa.”

“Would you rather have him instead of me?” this question caught me by surprise. I blinked at him.

“What I meant was, would you have rather been saved him than me?” he asked again, rephrasing.

“Um, he wouldn’t have made it.” I said.

“I’m not taking about logic but opinion. Who would you have felt better with?” he repeated.

“…this isn’t a compliment, but you. Since you were singing to my guitar, I felt attached to you at that moment.” I said, truthfully.

“Now try answering this question, why are you acting like this?” he asked. Once again, I was caught by the magic of his lips.

I turned away. “I guess I didn’t want to admit to myself that you were my black knight.”

With that, he stood up. “If anyone asks..”

“I don’t plan on saying anything. But thanks. I feel a bit better.” I said, also standing up.

Minhyun raised an eyebrow. “Whatever.” He said and tossed me the remote before heading out.

“Tch. Bastard.” I growled after him.

.

“Attached to me, huh?” Minhyun smirked to himself, repeating the words. He kept smirking even when he headed out of the school.

Just when he was away from the practice room he took out his cellphone. “Hey, Inyong hyung?” he said, when the person on the other line picked up the phone. “I need a favor. Two actually…first, can you distract the others for a while?” he asked.

“Just something.” He laughed. “And then..”

-

“Hey, you better?” Woohyun oppa asked me as I entered his covetable again.

“Hm. Better. Whatever.” I said and put my earphones on.

I heard Woohyun oppa sigh.

Time flew when I was in the car. I didn’t even know that we had arrived home when we had.

Without speaking, I went inside while Woohyun oppa went to put the car in the garage.

Just when I had taken a shower and came out of my room to go get something to eat, Woohyun oppa came to the dining room with the white guitar I was playing with the day before. Only this time, it had an orange bow tied onto it neatly.

“Where did you get that?” I asked, reaching out for it.

“I guessed it was for you.” He said and handed it to me. On its back there was a note stuck to it.

And can you smile? ♪

-M

Automatically, after reading it, a smile spread on my face.

Woohyun oppa’s jaw fell onto the floor.

“M cannot be Myungsoo!” He gasped.

I laughed. Not at Woohyun oppa’s reaction but at the implication by the orange ribbon bow. I was wearing an orange outfit that day.

“Rascal.” I muttered. I removed the bow from it and quickly went to my room and pasted it on top of my mirror.

“My arrogant prince in his shining armor. My unwanted black knight.” I said to myself and laughed.

--

A/N: and here it is! wait for another update today! i'm promising you with one!

how's the fluffiness coming along? if i was one of you reader, i'd literally die. this is like the most fluffiest that i ever wrote! i'm so proud of myself *wipes imaginary tear*

well, doesn't minhyun and yuri's realtionship seem to be becoming closer and closer? from just and arrogant prince to an arrogant prince in a shining armor. i'd say that's a big improvement.

minhyun's balming himself for yuri being so silent. but he doesn't also know why he's blaming himself. he keeps getting the strange feelings ever time. even he is getting confused.

yuri isn't the only one now. minhyun's sharing the same annoyance of not being able to find out what he's feeling. confused yet happy when she got the present. wouldn't just any girl be? expecially when it's from the person whom you hate most. she must have thought she was going mental! x3

well guys, read and enjoy! subbers are always welcomed and loved. 

 

teaser for next chapter...

“NU’EST?” I thought Mihi would whisper back but her voice came out as a squeal and she turned around at once.

And she saw.

She saw JR and Baekho holding Minhyun’s arms and forcing him to come inside while he was shaking his head and whining. The other two were laughing their heads off.

She saw the total opposite image of what they wanted her to see.

x

“So did you like it?” he asked, after a while.

“Oh, the guitar? Yeah, thanks a lot.” I said, actually smiling at him.