chapter thirty six – you, who give me strength.

Perfections That Come with Flaws

chapter thirty six- you, who give me strength.

Almost all the girls in the school were eyeing me as I got out of Woohyun oppa’s Lamborghini. At first, I was confused, but then I remembered.

“Madam G.”
Mihi and I both turned towards him. His eyes looked as bored as usual, but I could tell he had been wanting to say something to me for quite a while.
I gave him a questioning look. Both of us had become the topic of attention as he walked stood up and walked towards me.
“About after school today.” He said, cocking his head to a side, towering over me. “I’ll talk to Jonghyun.”
I couldn’t help but smile. “Can’t I just talk to him?”
“No.”
“Because he’ll obviously say yes if I do?”
Minhyun smirked and lowered his face to my level. “And you called me Arrogant Prince.”
“They’re just facts.” I said, unable to hide my glee. “But if you’re going to come, then meet us later okay?”
He nodded and messed with my hair. Glaring at him playfully, I turned around and lead Mihi out of the room.

Suddenly, I got scared. The girls were literally going crazy over the NU’EST boys and now that they know I actually have a connection with them..

Worst of all, Minhyun wasn’t going to be in school.

“What’s wrong?” Woohyun oppa asked, sensing my hesitance.

I felt compelled to tell everything to Woohyun oppa everything, but then realized that if I did, I’d go into a long story, and would probably miss school.

“I’ll tell you after school.” I said, giving him a peck on his cheek. Even though I was able to summon all my courage to say this, I wasn’t too sure I would survive until school ended.

As I turned around to walk towards the school, I heard Woohyun oppa call. “Just wait a minute.” He said.

I frowned and walked up to the car again. Giving him a frown, I leaned on the car and waited. Not before long, a BMW6 Series convertible came into view. From it, the NU’EST boys (minus Minhyun) came out. Woohyun oppa grinned.

Now go in. I swear, I won’t let you suffer the wrath of fangirls alone.” He said with a smile.

Ren oppa came and threw and arm around me.

“Are you serious? What would mom think?!” I demanded from Woohyun oppa.

“Who cares about what that old hag thinks.” JR oppa said, joining me by the side after giving Woohyun oppa the key of the car they came in. “Think of this as revenge.”

I stared at the five boys, unable to believe their guts.

But then again, who cared? I, for sure, didn’t give a .

-

“Think we did wrong?” I heard Baekho whisper to JR oppa as they trailed closely behind me, yet not noticibly close. In a stalker-ish way, but not that I minded.

The girls’ whispering had gotten louder, and everyone was making it more obvious that they were jealous of me. Even though the NU’EST boys stayed a good five feet behind me, it seemed as if everyone knew that they were following me. It made things worse.

And to make it even more worse, I hadn’t seen Mihi at all. She wasn’t anywhere around. For a moment, I began feeling lonely, even though, NU’EST was trailing behind me. Mihi wasn’t there, neither was Minhyun. No one was there to give me strength.

By the time we were at the staircase, I felt as if all of my energy was drained. I hadn’t spoken, nor had I done any action other than looking forward and walking, but when I got there, I was so tired. Everyone was pointing accusing glances at me. Even though I didn’t catch anything anyone said, I was pretty sure there were nasty rumors about me and NU’EST.

It was tiring. So tiring.

“Go on. I’ll take her to class.” I heard JR oppa say to the other boys behind me and before I knew it, they had all given me a little pat on the back or at least a sympathetic glance before heading up the staircase. JR oppa was standing by my side, helping me stand still.

“It’s wearing, isn’t it?” he asked, looking at me, miserably. “I’m sorry that I can’t do anything about it.” If I could, none of this would have happened. He hadn’t said it, but I knew that was what he would have said.

“It’s not your fault, oppa.” My voice, surprising me even, was exhausted. “If I hadn’t reacted to Minhyun calling me Madam G.”

“It’s not your fault either.” He said. “If anyone’s, it’s the fangirls’ fault. Minhyun used you as an escape, he wouldn’t have needed to escape if it weren’t for the rabid fangirls.”

I laughed. “They aren’t rabid, they just want your attention for once.”

“Well, they’ve got it now.” His voice was displeased. “But definitely not in the way they wanted to.”

He sighed, and looked at me. “I’ll take you to your class. Mihi would probably be there. I’ll take you to lunch and back. If anyone dares touch you or threaten you, just tell me, okay? I’ll make sure to see to it. Alright?” he asked with a small smile on his face.

“Arasso. Thank you, oppa.”

“But I’m not telling you to rely on me like this.” He said, a firm look on his face. I looked at him, questioningly. “You’re a big, brave girl, Yuri. If you weren’t brave, you wouldn’t have gotten yourself involved with us. Every second is a matter of life and death for us.”

“But not that I care.”

“Precisely. What I’m saying is, all I’m doing right now is protecting you from any potential physical harm. You are a brave girl, like I said before. You should be mentally strong too. Do you catch on?”

I nodded.

“Don’t listen , don’t look. Nose up, chest forward. Walk like you own the school. Speak like everyone is below you. Intimidation is the best chance at surviving this hellhole called high school. Don’t smile, don’t talk. Keep everything inside, and don’t show emotions. You’re the queen, and no one can do anything about it, got it?”

I frowned. “Isn’t that called being rude?”

JR oppa smiled. “It’s called ignorance. That’s what Minhyun tried to do to get you away from him. But unlike others, you stuck to us like gum. Nothing that jerk could do about it.”

“But then, they’ll say I’m a gangster too. My mother won’t like it.”

“I forgot to add one. Don’t think. They can say whatever they want. But proof? That you talk to us? That you and we are normal friends? They’ve got nothing on us. In the real world, if you don’t have proof, you don’t have anything. In a murder, if there is no body, there is no case.

“Now, listen princess. Just for today. Don’t talk to anyone other than us, Mihi and the teachers. Just for today. Alright, princess?”

I felt this little thing inside me tingle when he called me princess. Made me feel special, made me feel cared for. I nodded subconsciously.

“That’s a good girl. Now go up the stairs to your class. I’ll walk behind you. And remember what I said. I’m only saving you from physical harm. Woohyun hyung would kill me for this, but princess, you can fight this. And you will, won’t you?”

I nodded, once again, subconsciously.

“So fight it. I’ll be your mascot, I’ll cheer for you on the sidelines. And in times I need to go out, I will. Arasso?”

“Arasso.”

He didn’t only make me feel special and cared for, he also gave me strength.

It wasn’t Mihi or Woohyun oppa and Minhyun who gave me strength, I realized as I walked up the staircase, JR oppa following behind me. They protected me and stood up for me. JR oppa wasn’t like that. He wasn’t only protecting me, but also training me.

It was him, JR oppa, who gave me strength.  


 

shotuout!

 

My heart rusts and breaks
As I lose my conscience
I hold onto you, who is walking in the thick darkness in my dreams

Stop right there
If you take one more step, I can’t protect you
Once again, green light, red light
I hold onto you, who has left (yoo who who)

Guess the song! that part inspired me to write this. in a way, at least.
"if you take one more step, i can't protect you" this made me think.
everyone else has been protecting Yuri, why not JR?
and thus, this brilliance was formed. lol, not originally planned, but ended up well.
anyways, there's be more BaekRi since Minhyun isn't here. JR also will be really active.
now how many of you want yuri to get bullied? you'll see a total new side of Yuri starting this chapter.
the story is closing on it's ending. 
almost as soon as i finish, i'm planning on starting a new story.
hope you guys will sub!
and for all my subbers and commenters, 
author-nim lubs you <3