chapter forty one – shocking confessions.

Perfections That Come with Flaws

chapter forty one - shocking confessions.

“You mean that just laughed when her own daughter was angry at her?” Jungah repeated Woohyun’s words, unable to believe what she was hearing.

“That’s what Yuri said.” Woohyun shrugged.

Jungah took in a deep breath and leaned against the front seat of the car. “Jonghyun-ah, she doesn’t know that you’re related, does she?”

“No.”

“Why?”

“I’m scared, mom. What if she thinks I’m using her to get revenge for you?” two pairs of eyes looked at him as if he was out of his mind. “Okay, maybe she won’t think that. But what if she thinks something along those lines?”

“Doesn’t matter. At least you won’t have to live in a lie.” Jungah said. “Baby, I don’t want you to suffer.”

Biting his inner lower lip, Jonghyun sighed.

“Besides, I’ll convince her that you never meant any ill intentions.” Woohyun added.

“That’s not it, hyung.” Jonghyun said, shaking his head. “Yuri is a really sensitive girl and she doesn’t really open up to anyone. And I can’t take it if she thinks we’re all ganging up on her. She’ll obviously turn to Mihi. And you know how manipulative she is.

“There are so many possibilities. What if she gets angry for me going up against her mom? What if she thinks I’m the reason dad died? I’m just so scared.”

“It must be, for you.” Jungah said, after a while. “But baby, you have to face it.”

“I don’t want to lose her, that’s all.” Jonghyun looked up, making eye contact with his mother. “Is that too much to ask for?”

.

“What a surprise, Jungah.” Yoora greeted her own rival as she entered her office with Jonghyun and Woohyun trailing behind her. “I never thought you’d ever come back to Korea.”

“Neither did I.” Jungah said, taking a seat on the couch, directly facing Yoora. Between them, there was a new small glass table, replaced by the one that Jonghyun broke. Woohyun and Jonghyun exchanged a glance, a sense of pride, in Jonghyun’s stupid, yet selfish act.

“Where’s Yuri?” Yoora asked, turning to her son. “I heard you got her out of school.”

“I did, mother.” Woohyun replied, his voice formal as ever. “She needed to meet Jungah-ssi.”

“That’s for me to decide, don’t you think, Woohyun-ah?” Yoora questioned, her eyes narrowing dangerously. “When did you become in charge of people whom she needs to meet and not?”

“I think it’s for Yuri to decide, mother.” Woohyun answered, neither his voice, nor his reason wavering. “Jungah-ssi is, after all, part of her own existence.”

Yoora opened to say something but Jungah beat her to that. “Let’s not deny the facts, Yoora. We all know it.”

Yoora took in a deep breath. “What problems are you trying to cause now, Kim Jungah?” she was glaring at the other female. “You’ve already tried to take my husband away, which ended up taking his life away. Now what do you want? My daughter?”

“No.” Jungah’s replied were so calm that it was almost daunting. “I just want my son to be acknowledged as his father’s son as well. Him to get his inheritance as his father’s son, his to be recognized as a Nam. Because he is one.”

“He is not a Nam.”

“Says who?” Jungah, by then, was definitely trying to get on Yoora’s nerves. “You? You are the only other person who would know, as well as I do, how much of a Nam my Jonghyun is. Certianly, more of a Nam than you are.”

I didn’t eat from a trashcan. No member of the Nam family eats from a trashcan.”

Who ate from a trashcan? Definitely not me or my son.” Woohyun and Jonghyun bit back their smirks as Jungah got Yoora intimidated more and more. “You’re forgetting that your husband never married you out of love, Yoora. It wasn’t you who your husband loved but me.”

Bam! There went the bomb. Jonghyun couldn’t hide his glee as he put his hands into his pockets and smirked.

“And I, as well as my two sons in this room know, that you spiked one of Sunho’s drinks and got Yuri on purpose so he won’t let you go for me and Jonghyun. So that you won’t be tarnished in the luxury world.” Jungah said.

“You knew that he wouldn’t come to me to ruin the future for his son and his coming baby girl.” Her voice softened. “I respected his decision, because I knew, even if he didn’t let you go, he would still be with me.”

For the first time since Jungah began her confession speech, Yoora smiled. No, smirked.

“Yes, I knew that he wouldn’t leave me and at the same time, hold on to you. Why else do you think I killed him?” Yoora asked, laughing.

This was a shock to all of them there. They realized Sunho had died because of her, but the investigation back then had ended up by saying he killed himself, due to stress.

“I spiked his drink with poison.”

They were in too much shock to move, to speak, even to blink.

“And what’s more, little Yuri saw it.” Yoora was laughing like a maniac. “And she didn’t tell anyone. Even though she knew her daddy died because of her mom.”

“.” The word escaped from Jonghyun’s mouth without his will. There it was happening again. He was going to lunge towards Yoora when something held him back. A tug from behind his jacket.

 Jonhyun turned around and his eyes widened. At his reaction, everyone else also turned around.

His voice escaped as a gasp, a whisper.

“Princess…”


 

shotuout!

oh god, i feel like i'm rushing too much.
coming chapters will have a lot of drama + maybe another change in my writing style.
by drama, i mean drama. what's going to happen with jr and yuri, jungah and yuri, minhyun and yuri, baekho and yuri, woohyun and yuri, woohyun and junah, woohyun and jr, woohyun and the rest of nu'est, specifically minhyun and baekho, minhyun and baekho, yuri and minhyun and baekho. well, almost everything will be revealed soon. ^^
enjoy. read, sub, comment. i love you all, my dears. <3