chapter thirty three – what keeps them going.

Perfections That Come with Flaws

chapter thirty three- what keeps them going.

For the first time in ten years, I had raised my voice at my mother. I yelled at her, angry and frustrated, but what was the response I got?

“Baby, you’re thinking too much about these boys. Don’t. They’ll only lead you to your own failure.”

 And then, she walked I away. It was the second time I was so pissed. The second time I was so angry.

The second time I had told my mother that I hated her.

When I got into the office, Baekho, Ren and Aron oppa had roughly explained what had happened. Mother took them to their office, gave them tea and then insulted JR oppa. Then Minhyun stepped in. The three of them had a strong verbal fight. JR oppa seemed to be hurt most.

I wouldn’t have really cared if JR oppa had left pissed. But I saw something else. I saw tears in his eyes. That was too much. I just couldn’t take it. I yelled at her. And she, being the as she was laughed nad shrugged it off.

“I hate you.” I muttered as I watched her leave. She stopped, looked over her shoulder, smirked.
“You think, darling. It’s a phase, it’ll pass.”

It was the second time I was so pissed that I wanted to run away.

Also, the second time I was so scared.

-

“Noona will literally murder us.” Minhyun mumbled as he walked into his noona’s apartment building with Jonghyun closely trailing behind. “Your eyes are bloodshot from crying and I look like I’ve gone through hell and back.”

“Probably better than torturing us.” Jonghyun mumbled back. “Better than going into that wretched building with Nam Yoora in it.”

“I’d rather face her and throw insults at her instead of facing noona, limping.”

“She is so much different now. All she cares about is Yuri.”

A scoff. “You’re the one to talk.”

An imitation of the previous scoff. “Like you’re any better.”

Their meaningless quarrel stopped there. They both knew it would be better for them if they avoided talking about Yuri.

In matter of minutes, they were standing in front of Eunbi’s apartment door, Minhyun fidgeting to ring the bell or not. It was Jonghyun, impatient as he was, who got pissed and rang the doorbell.

Much to their surprise, it wasn’t Eunbi but Woohyun who answered the door.

Woohyun sighed when he saw them.

“I knew this would happen.”

“And I knew they would come here.” Came Eunbi’s voice from inside the house.

Jonghyun and Minhyun exchanged looks. Were they really that obvious?

-

“Oh!” Ren exclaimed, taking a glance at his beeping phone. “Minhyun!”

It gathered all our interest. Needless to say, we were all waiting for a word from him. Even Myungsoo oppa, surprisingly.

A goofy grin took over Ren’s face. “He’s alive. And Jonghyun hyung can still see.” Then he showed us the picture on his screen. Minhyun’s face was purple all over and JR oppa’s eyes were bloodshot.

I wasn’t able to speak. Aron oppa and Baekho burst out laughing as it was the funniest thing ever. Even Myungsoo oppa smiled.

But I didn’t find anything funny about it. They looked beat up a-and..

“Maybe I just care too much…” I mumbled, fiddling with my hair.

“Maybe you do.” I heard Myungsoo oppa say, as he slid next to me on the couch from the boys’ side. We were at my house, hoping to get a word from the missing two. And while we waited, we ate around three pizzas and finished watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

The boys were texting Minhyun, and pretty much having fun when Myungsoo oppa slid his arm around me. “He looks fine to me, you shouldn’t worry too much. Not just him, but the other boy too.”

“I can’t, oppa.” I sighed, resting my head on his chest. “They’ve played such an important part in my life, even in the short time they’ve been in it. Especially Minhyun, I can’t just let it slide. Maybe I would’ve, if I wasn’t much involved, but I can see, as well as they can, that it was obviously my mother who made them in the condition they are in.”

I stopped to take a breath. In between, I heard Myungsoo oppa chuckle.

“It’s my fault, you know. If I hadn’t taken them there in the first place, none of this would have happened. No one would be in the position they are in. No one would be hurt, no one would be…” I sighed. “My mind is messed up. All I can think is that this is all my fault. Not without a reason, but because I’m the cause of all this.”

My sight was fading, as water flooded in my eyes. Myungsoo oppa’s hand wiped the forming tears in my eyes away. “You really love that Minhyun boy, don’t you?”

This took me by shock. I turned to get a full look at Myungsoo oppa, thinking I had heard wrong. “What did you just say?”

“I said, you really care about that Minhyun boy, don’t you?”

Oh. So I had heard wrong. “Of course, I do. As much as we fight, he’s always been there for me when I needed him. I’m just concerned because…I can’t return that favor. And not just him, but Jonghyun oppa too.”

“Yeah, of course you do.”

“Yuri-ah.” Baekho called over suddenly.

“What is it?”

“I’m hungry.” He said, smiling sheepishly. I laughed. These boys…

“I’ll go get something.” I said and stood up.

“I’ll come!” Baekho said voluntarily and stood up to follow me. As soon as we got into the kitchen, he bgean poking his nose into different cabinets. I smiled and tiptoed to get the cookie jar (yes, I still had a cookie jar!) from the top shelf.

Suddenly, a strong pair of arms lifted me up, helping me reach the jar. For a moment, I thought it was Minhyun, but then realized he wasn’t there. It was Baekho. Putting me down, he grinned as he took the cookie jar from me.

“Thanks a lot, Yuri-ah.”

“You’re welcome.”

“Not only for the food, but for caring. You are what keeps our Jonghyun and Minhyun going.”


 

shotuout!

after the bromance scene in the last chapter, i've lost a lotta juice, lol.
who else is anticipating the meeting eunbi? I AM!
anyways, today's update.
me goes now homework. have a good night (at the time here, lol) every one! ♥