Chapter twenty one – the chase.

Perfections That Come with Flaws

 

 

 

chapter twenty one - the chase.

“Oppa, just let me see the keys. I want to check something.” I said, sounding as annoyed as I could while I was mentally wanting to tear Woohyun oppa apart.

What do you want to see in a car key?” Woohyun oppa questioned. “There’s nothing to see.”

“Oppa, either give it or not.” I said, this time demanding. “Is it important what I want to see in it? Is it even important why I would want them? I’m your younger sister, just give me the effing keys!”

Woohyun oppa stared at me, shocked. I had never ever cursed in front of him and I used a weak curse word. I guess it still had made him rather shocked.

“Well, are you going to give it or not?” I asked.

Rather hesitant and more scared, he handed me the keys. I stared at it for a while. Then I turned to Woohyun oppa.

“Oppa, I’m sorry. But I promise nothing will happen to your car.” And with that, I ran off, jumping, skipping some steps on the staircase.

“Nam Yuri! What do you mean?!” Woohyun oppa shouted, rushing after me.

“Sorry, oppa!” I shouted after him, quickly heading towards the door. Everyone in the house’s eyes were on us. I went outside and locked the door from outside.

I mouthed Woohyun oppa one last sorry before heading towards the car where Minhyun was standing. I tossed him the keys before jumping into the car. It was a convertible and I could easily get into it when the roof wasn’t there. Minhyun did the same as he hopped into the driver’s seat and quickly started the car.

“Which hospital?” he asked. but before I could answer, I saw Woohyun oppa rushing out of the house.

“Drive!” I said, patting his arm. He also noticed that Woohyun oppa was on the run after us to he began driving.

It didn’t feel the same, sitting on the seat next to Minhyun while he was driving compared to how it felt sitting on the seat next to Woohyun oppa when he drove. If Woohyun oppa drove more than just a little above the speed limit, I’d feel scared out of my skin. However, when Minhyun was driving as if the speed limit didn’t even exist, I didn’t feel a thing. I felt…completely natural.

“Yah! Hwang Minhyun, this is kidnapping! Nam Yuri, come back here!” we heard Woohyun oppa shout.

“Sorry, hyung! If you love Yuri, you’d let me kidnap her!”  Minhyun shouted back. I looked at him, rather bewildered, but then understood that he was only messing with oppa because of the sly grin on his face.

“What the hell are you saying?!” With that last shout from Woohyun oppa, we were out of his sight.

“Which hospital did you go to?” Minhyun asked, getting back to his normal arrogant self. So if it was messing with someone, I’d get to see the smile on his face. Tch. Bastard.

“Han River Hospital. We were at the Han River Park unnie began feeling fatigue.” I explained.

“Call noona and try to calm her down. She probably hasn’t even told Changmin hyung. Aish, why is noona so rash?!” Minhyun growled, hitting the wheel of the car.

“Hey, don’t worry too much. I’m sure..she’s..probably..fine..” I didn’t believe the words I said, myself. I sighed. I reached for the front pocket of my shorts but then gasped.

“Not there!”

“What do you mean not there?” Minhyun asked, his eyes still on the road.

“My phone isn’t in my pocket!” I shouted. “Where the hell is it?!” I put my hand further into the pocket and I gasped again. My hand, which was previously in my pocket, was on my thigh.

“There’s a hole in my pocket! A huge one!”

Minhyun stole a glance at my wide mouthed face then to the road them towards my legs.

“Aish, why do women wear so short things? It makes holes way easier!” Minhyun said.

“Are you blaming me on this?!”

“Yes! What if someone saw that text? It had the email photographs attached to it! What if someone saw it and accidentally sent it to someone else?!” Minhyun demanded.

“Stop getting frustrated, no one can! My phone has a lock.”

“Do you know a thing called hacking?”

“My password is something no one can find out.” I assured him. “Even you.”

Minhyun looked at me for a while then turned back to the road. “All the blame is on you if anyone does.”

.

“Myungsoo oppa, I never thought you’d stoop this low.” Hyein scoffed. “You’re really pathetic.”

L turned to the actress who was judging his behavior and inspecting his every move behind him. His eyes were cold as ice, telling the girl to back off.

“That’s probably when little Yuri would think, if she saw this.” Hyein said, pointing at L. “Even I think that. You’re pathetic. Really, going through the girl’s cellphone? Didn’t your parents teach you a thing called manners?”

“Knock it off, Im Hyein.” L said, his voice cold and distant. “This is none of your concern.”

“It is, Kim L. You are doing something illegal. It is the concern of every Korean citizen. Especially Inspirits.” Hyein said, her voice ever so logical. “Moreover, you’re using me to make Yuri jealous. That makes me very concerned. And if it is not making Yuri jealous, then you’re using me to make my Minhyun jealous. Now this makes me really, really concerned.”

“Lay off, kid. You don’t know a thing about love.” L answered as distantly as before.

“To think that you called me ‘Hyein-ah’ because you had a change of heart. You’re nothing but ice. I don’t know how you pull off that humorous image in variety shows.” Hyein sighed.

The only reply Hyein got was ignorance. She decided to continue her speech. “Whatever you do, how do you think using Yuri’s cellphone would help you in any way?”

“That text just now was proabably really important for both of them that they had to steal Woohyun hyung’s car like that and go.” Came L’s simple explanation.

“Sadist.” Hyein muttered under her breath. “Whatever, but remember to tell me when to stop acting. It’s really annoying, acting like this.”

L didn’t reply. He was staring at the cellphone in his hand with all his attention focused on it.

-

“Oh my god, it really is a positive..” I gasped as I looked at the result of the pregnancy test which Eunbi unnie took while walking towards the car again with Minhyun.

“You didn’t even tell me that you accompanied noona to take that test.” Minhyun mumbled, seemingly disappointed, by us keeping secrets from him.

“Unnie told me not to tell anyone. She didn’t have the guts to come here alone.” I said.

“But you knew she is my noona and didn’t tell me.” Minhyun voice was sounded like a grumble when it came out. It didn’t miss to make a smile appear on my face.

“Jealous, much?” I asked him as we reached the car. He leaned against it facing me directly.

“Let me see those things again.” he said, extending his hand out. I handed them to him and his face became complicated. “How do you read this?” he asked

I chuckled. “Over here..”

“Nam Yuri!”

“Hwang Minhyun!” at the voice of our names being called, both of us turned to the direction the voice came from. In a black Mercedes, not so far away from us, JR and Woohyun oppa were coming out.

“Yah! That’s my birthday present!” I shouted.

“Is that important now? Get in the car!” Minhyun said and shoved the papers in my hand, running to the other side of the car and jumping into the driver’s seat. I also quickly opened the door and got into the passenger seat.

“Eunbi unnie’s, right?” I asked him. He didn’t answer and began to drive.

“Yah! At least tell me where we’re going!” I demanded. I stole a look at the side mirror on the side. Woohyun oppa and JR were on our tails.

“I don’t know where noona’s house is, woman!” Minhyun growled. “And those two bastards are on our tails!”

“Take the left from here to the road where YG building is in.” I instructed.

“Too much traffic.” With those three words, he turned the opposite direction and sped up.

“Then how do you plan on going, you arrogant prince?!” I demanded.

“If we take the long route from here, the traffic will be less. Going around the YG building, there’s the new construction site for the MBC building in like four kilometers away. Noona always asks me to drop her off a little far away from the apartment in case fans find us.” he said.

“The construction site? Oh yeah, if you take the right alleyway there, it’ll be easier to lose Woohyun oppa and JR oppa. But there’s no way we can get to the apartment from that alleyway.” I frowned.

“Then we don’t take that alleyway. We can always tell the security not to let them pass. I’m pretty sure they’ll do what we say.” He said.

“How sure?” I asked, looking at him skeptically.

He turned to me with a strange smile on his face. Well, he was smiling that was what was strange. It was nice-strange, however. That smile of his.

“Just trust me.”

.

“Where the hell are they going?!” Woohyun growled as he got stuck in the traffic, watching his precious car disappear from his sight.

“Wherever they go, don’t you think it’s more important to find out why they were at the hospital? What if Minhyun hurt himself or something?!” JR asked.

“Oh, so it’s more important to find out whether Minhyun is hurt rather than Yuri. What an excellent brother.” Woohyun said, sarcastically. “You know what, Jonghyun? I have no idea why Yuri would choose to be with you rather than with me.”

“Well, hyung, if Yuri is hurt, we’d be easily able to notice. If she is hurt, Minhyun is by her side. If she is hurt, she’d have told Mihi. But she didn’t. That means she’s not hurt.” JR said, strongly. “But Minhyun, on the other hand, always hides his injuries, he never tells us. It’s always one of us that notice. He once almost had a heart failure because of a fight. And if we don’t know, we can’t be there for him.”

JR’s strong glare made Woohyun feel uneasy. Especially how he could say those things with such an unwavering glare. “So I suggest you, hyung, don’t say anything if you don’t know.” JR said.

Woohyun turned his eyes onto the road as he began driving again as the vehicals in front of him began moving. For a moment, they didn’t speak. Until one thought entered Woohyun’s mind.

“What if they aren’t there because they’re hurt, but because one of them is sick?” Woohyun muttered.

“Hurt, sick, what’s the difference?” came JR’s voice.

“No..hurt as in wounded. Sick as in…”

“Sick as in what?”

“No…hey, has Yuri ever been alone with Minhyun in a room like…for at least an hour?” Woohyun asked.

“Yeah, what – no, you cannot be thinking..”

“What if Yuri is…pregnant?”


­

 

A/N: poor, poor woohyun. getting such thoughts...xD

by the way, both my stories are going to be seriously edited in the coming days. i did come across a shop tha toffered beta reading, but i kinda forgot ths hop. if anyone knows, can you please let me know? 

and it's not just beta reading. i'll be changing the layout too. so...well yeah, i'm just letting you know.

read, enjoy, subscribe and comment. ^^