Chapter 1

Babysitting

 

Babysitting
Chapter 1


Seohyun watched as her parents were getting ready to go on a quick outing together with their friends Yul and Jessica. Taeng was finishing up with their luggage and Tiffany was busy checking the list of instructions she’d made for their eldest. It was early in the morning, and the sun had barely risen.

“Joohyun, you need to take good care of your sister while TaeTae and I are gone, alright?” Tiffany said as she passed her eldest her notes. Seohyun just nodded diligently in response while taking the notes in her hands.

“Good luck taking care of Sulli, Seo-baby. She’s been a little less than angelic these days.” Taeng added 
with a laugh.

“Hey!” a small whining voice suddenly chimed into the conversation; it was none other than a six year-old Sulli who had just woken up.

“Don’t listen to your appa, Jinri-ah. He’s just being immature as always.” Tiffany coaxed their little girl before discreetly sending Taeng a glare. Tiffany and Sulli shared an eye-smile, and Taeng knew he was outnumbered. He turned to Seohyun with a pout and fake sad eyes.

“Seo-baby, you’ll always be on my side right?”

“I don’t think I have much of a say on this.”

Tiffany looked at the clock and realized how much time flew by without their notice.

“TaeTae, we need to go! We’re gonna miss our reservations.”

“Alright, alright. Seohyun, we’ll be back tomorrow. Be good, follow the list and don’t have any boys over.”

“Be good to your sister, okay Jinri-ah? Don’t be naughty while umma and appa are gone!”

“Okay, umma~ Have fun on your trip!” Sulli cheerfully replied as the couple finally left the house.

As soon as Tiffany and Taeng were out of sight, Sulli ran to the living room sofa and the television to a cartoon with flashy colors and complicated sound effects. Seohyun quickly ran over to Sulli’s side and grabbed the remote out of her little sister’s hands. 

“Sulli, you know umma doesn’t let you watch football anime!”

“But umma isn’t home. She won’t know, unnie!” Sulli whined again.

“Sulli, is that really how umma taught you to act? Umma won’t be happy if she finds out her little angel is 
being bad.”

Sulli pouted and finally gave in to her sister’s words. She sighed and handed the remote to Seohyun who eagerly switched the channel to a station airing Keroro. 

-

Meanwhile, a similar situation was happening elsewhere to a pair of siblings by the name of Yoong and Soojung. Their parents Yul and Jessica had left for the same two day trip as Taeng and Tiffany; leaving their son in charge of the house.

“Oppa, I’m bored.” Soojung said with a mouthful of cereal in .

“Me too, Soojung. What do you wanna do?” Yoong asked, his own mouth filled with cereal as well.

The two shared a silence, thinking about what to do to end their epidemic. Then Krystal swallowed and sent her brother a bright grin.

“I can tell you have an idea, Soojung.” 

“Let’s go to Ssul’s house!” 

“Ssul’s house? That means, Seohyun! I like the way you think, dongsaeng.” He flashed an alligator grin before heading to the phone to contact Seohyun.

“You always talk about Juhyun-unnie. Is she your girlfriend or something?” Krystal pried. Yoong sputtered and turned to face his sister with the phone in his hand.

“Seohyun isn’t my girlfriend!” he retorted before muttering to himself, “Yet.” 

-

Seohyun’s phone started vibrating in her pocket, causing her to jerk a little. She bit her lip as she realized Sulli had fallen back asleep on her lap. She quickly pulled her phone out of her pocket and answered with a hushed tone.

“Hello?”

“Hyunnie!”

“Yoong? Why are you calling so early?”

“I wanted to know if Soojung and I could come over today. Both our parents are on that trip ‘til tomorrow right? Soojung and I are really bored.”

Seohyun remembered her father’s warning about having boys over. Even if Yoong was her best friend, he still counted as a boy as far as she knew.

“I don’t know, Yoong…”

“Come on, Hyunnie~ It’ll be fun! Soojung and Sulli can have their little playdate, and we can have ours.” Yoong said with a laugh.

She rolled her eyes at his words and sighed. Surely there would be no harm in having Yoong and his sister over. The two six year olds could play together while she and Yoong keep each other company. What could possible go wrong?

“Fine. You guys can come over-“

“Yes!”

“But my parents left me a list of things to do. You need to help me get things done.”

“Sure, sure whatever. I’m up for anything! See ya in flash, Hyunnie~” 
And with that, the call ended.

-
Before Yoong and Krystal had arrived, Seohyun managed to get Sulli awake and told her that the two were coming over. The little girl was excited to see her best friend and waited patiently for their arrival.

As soon as the doorbell rung, Sulli ran for the door and swung it open rapidly. She was greeted with a suppressed squeal from her best friend and the two quickly hugged before quickly making their way inside the house.

“Let’s go to my room, Krystal~” Sulli said as she dragged Krystal by the wrist.

Seohyun walked to the door and got a fair share of a toothy smile from a tall doe-eyed boy.

“Told you I’d be here in a flash, Hyunnie.” He said before coming inside. 

Yoong made his way to the living room and plopped onto the couch. Seohyun furrowed her eyebrows at the boy, dumbfounded at how much he acted like he was right at home.

“So Hyunnie, whatcha wanna do?”

“I don’t wanna do anything. I have to get my parents’ list done.”

“Oh right, that list…” Yoong replied, his voice lacking all his usual enthusiasm.

“Come on, Yoong-oppa~ You promised you’d help me with it~” Seohyun forced some aegyo into her words, knowing it would easily sway Yoong into helping her. She thought right, as Yoong felt a thousand butterflies go insane within his stomach from Seohyun calling him oppa affectionately.

He quickly jumped off the couch and got a determined look on his face. He sent Seohyun another alligator grin.

“Leave it to me, Hyunnie! I can do anything.” He triumphantly exclaimed.

-

Not long after, the two were both cleaning up most of the house’s first floor. Yoong was panting as he swiped a mop across kitchen floors. Seohyun on the other hand was tiptoeing as she tried to wipe the dust off of some bookshelves. 

Yoong got an eyeful of the girl as she had her back faced towards him. A smirk curved upon his lips when his eyes landed on Seohyun’s rather attractive derriere. He chuckled to himself at his boyish thoughts and continued swabbing the mop in his hands.

“So Hyunnie, what else is there to do besides tidy up your kitchen and living room?”

“We have to clean up my parents’ room too. Then make lunch for our sisters I guess.” Seohyun responded.

“Clean up your parents’ room? Am I even allowed to touch their stuff?”

“We’re just gonna clean things, Yoong. It’s not like we’re stealing anything.”

“Whatever you say, Hyunnie.”
-

Together the two teens walked up to the house’s master bedroom. Along the way, they passed by Sulli’s room which had loud music blasting from the inside. They decided it’d be better to check it out later. 

When they walked into Taeyeon and Tiffany’s room, there wasn’t much of a mess. The bed wasn’t done and there were a few articles of clothing here and there, but it wasn’t much of an eyesore. 

Seohyun started to pick up the clothes on the floor while Yoong was busy folding blankets. As soon as Yoong finished putting blankets in place, Seohyun was already putting some clothes into a closet. She turned around and passed Yoong a stack of socks.

“Yoong, could you put these in appa’s sock drawer? It’s on his bedside.” 

The tall doe-eyed boy took the socks in his hands and opened the drawer near him. Seohyun made her way to her parents’ bathroom and continued tidying up there. 

When Yoong opened the drawer, he saw a small box inside. He checked behind him if Seohyun was around before taking the box in his hands. 

“Extra large, cherry flavored and ensures pleasure. Sure to spice up your night life-“ and then his cheeks turned into a deep shade of pink. He opened up the box and saw a row of small square wrappers. He took one in hand and blushed harder.

“I’ve always wondered what size I was…” he muttered to himself. 

He took a wrapper and pocketed it.

“Yoong?” 

He jumped in surprise, dropping the box back into the drawer.

“What?” he croaked out.

“Are you okay?” Seohyun asked with a worried expression. He cleared his throat before plastering a grin and answering.

“Of course! What do you need?” 

“I just wanted to see if you were all done. We need to make lunch soon.”

Yoong quickly placed Taeyeon’s socks into the drawer and nodded. 

-

Seohyun got a head start on lunch by marinating some chicken in the kitchen. Yoong was done setting up the table and was watching the object of his affections make lunch. He grinned at an idea as he slowly approached Seohyun. His arms spread for a surprise back-hug until Seohyun’s voice interrupted him.

“Could you go fetch Sulli and Krystal? It’s almost time to eat.” 
He sighed as he nodded in agreement before leaving. Seohyun was completely unaware of anything and remained focused on cooking. 

Yoong made his way back upstairs and found that loud music was still blasting from Sulli’s room. He knocked on the door and called out the two younger girls’ names. He got no response and tried again. Still nothing. He groaned and tried the doorknob. He was surprised to find it wasn’t locked and swung the door open.

“Yah, Soojung, Sulli! It’s time to eat-“

His jaw gaped as he saw what the two girls were doing. They were both jumping up and down on Sulli’s bed rocking out to a 2PM song. They were using brushes as substitutes for microphones and were pretending they were on stage. 

Now
Put your Hands Up, Put your Hands Up, put, put, put, put, put
Put your Hands Up, Put your Hands Up, put, put, put, put, put
Put your Hands Up, Put your Hands Up, put, put, put, put, put
Put your Hands Up, Put your Hands Up, put, put, put, put, put


“Soojung!” he shouted once again, snapping the two girls out of their excitement. Sulli was caught off guard and quickly fell off the edge of her bed. Luckily, Yoong was quick to react and caught the girl in his arms.

“Sulli-ah! Are you okay?” he asked as he looked down on Seohyun’s little sister. Sulli slowly opened her eyes, which widened as she stared up at the boy holding her.

“Sulli-ah?” Yoong called out again at the dumbfounded girl. Sulli snapped out of her trance and hopped out of the boy’s arms. 

“Krystal, let’s go downstairs. I’m really hungry now.” Sulli quickly muttered as she took hold of her friend’s hand. 

Krystal and Yoong exchanged confused looks before Sulli dragged Soojung out of the room. Yoong just shrugged and followed them back downstairs. 

By the time the three of them had arrived, there was already food on the table. Seohyun managed to cook enough chicken for all four of them and the three were nothing but starving. All but Seohyun sat down and started hungrily shoving mouthfuls of chicken into their mouths. Not before long, Yoong was already finished with three drumsticks while the Sulli and Krystal were finished with two each. Seohyun watched in amazement while she was still on her first piece of chicken.

When they had finished, Yoong and Seohyun put the dishes away into the dishwasher. Sulli and Krystal were already plopped on the couch, both bloated and immobile. Yoong let out a hearty laugh and sat down on the floor in front of the couch. He spotted an Xbox in front of him and grabbed one of the controllers.

“Why don’t we play some videogames?” Yoong suggested. Krystal groaned aloud and Sulli shot up in excitement.

“You like videogames, Yoong-oppa?” Sulli asked with bright eyes.

“Sure. You wanna play, Sulli?”

“Videogames .” Krystal butted in with a cold tone. “Ow!” she yelped when Sulli smacked her hard on her shoulder. 

Sulli hopped down next to Yoong and took her own controller in hand. They started playing a multiplayer racing game. Yoong tried his best to let Sulli win the games to make sure she was having fun. He didn’t wanna get on Seohyun’s little sister’s bad side. 

On the other hand, Krystal was watching with bored eyes as the two went on with the game. Seohyun joined Krystal on the couch and smiled at the Yoong’s little sister.

“Bored?” Seohyun started.

“Very.”

“Do you want me to braid your hair?”

Krystal grinned and looked up at Seohyun’s long brown locks. She shook her head no.

“I’d rather braid yours, unnie.” Krystal replied. Seohyun nodded and turned her back towards the younger girl who excitedly got to work. 

After about thirty minutes, Krystal had finished doing Seohyun’s hair but Yoong and Sulli were still furiously tapping buttons as they raced. Seohyun sat down next to Yoong and nudged him with her elbow.

“You guys are seriously addicts. I’m surprised your eyes haven’t fallen out of their sockets yet.” 

Yoong abruptly paused the game and pouted at Seohyun. Sulli’s eyebrows furrowed as the game froze on screen. 

“Sorry, Hyunnie. Videogames are just too fun. Do you wanna try?” he offered. Seohyun shook her head in response.

“Come on, Seohyun-ah~ I’ll even teach you. Sit here.” He said warmly, tapping the spot in front of him. 
Seohyun shrugged and did as she was told. She scooted in front of Yoong who spread his legs to allow her to lean against him. He placed the controller in Seohyun’s hands and put his hands on hers to guide her through the game.

Meanwhile, Sulli watched with an angry expression on her face. Yoong didn’t even notice that she had pulled out of the game. She let out an exasperated sigh as the two teenagers continued to be in their own little world. She got up and dragged Krystal by the wrist once again; taking her behind the sofa.

“What’s your problem?!” Krystal barked, annoyed that she was pulled out of her comfortable position.

“Seohyun-unnie keeps distracting Yoong-oppa! Now he won’t play with me.” 

“So? It’s not like you like Yoong-oppa or anything.” Krystal paused. “Wait a second. You like him, don’t you?!” 

“Shh! Keep quiet, he might hear you!” Sulli exclaimed, putting a finger over her lips.

Krystal started suppressing her laughter, trying not to embarrass her friend. Her stomach was hurting from trying too hard.

“Gosh, Ssul! Do you even know how head over heels Yoong-oppa is for Seohyun-unnie? She’s all he ever talks about every day.”

“Not if I have anything to say about that.”