Chapter 1 of 1

You Can Have Me

Little Baekhyun plays alone in the sand box at the playground, ignoring the other kids present around him. He is completely in his own world. Other kids don't want to approach him either. They think Little Baekhyun is a very weird kid. He has a little red truck in his right hand and his best friend; Mr Bear is sitting on the sand next to him. His short legs stretch forward and he keeps playing with his litle truck.

On the other side of the playground, a very happy looking kid with a big grin on his face arrives at the entry of the playground. His excitement rises as he sees a lot of kids his age running here and there with their friends. He approaches a group of boys who are also his classmates at the kindergarten. Everyone in the group welcomes him as he is very friendly and charming. As the little kid plays happily with his friends, his eyes catch a glimpse of a person inside the sand box. The person inside the sand box is all alone so he decided to approach him, with hope of becoming his friend.

"Yah, Chanyeol! Where are you going?"

One of the boy stops playing, screaming towards his friend who is walking away from their group.

"You go ahead, Kyungsoo! I have to go there for a while!"

The kid with the name of Chanyeol screams back to his friend, Kyungsoo with his finger pointing towards the sand box.

"Okay, fine! Come back when you can!"

And so Little Chanyeol approaches the boy in the sand box carefully and quietly, not to make the other freaks out. When he stands behind the boy, he grins like an idiot listening to the boy playing by himself and talking to his teddy bear. Little Chanyeol acidentally lets out a giggle, making the boy turns his head.

"Hi!"

Little Chanyeol waves his hand at the boy. The boy bites his lips, his cheeks turns a little bit pink. He did not utter a single word and simply continues playing with his toys. 

"Uh, did he just ignored me?"

Little Chanyeol tilts his head in confusion. He enters the sand box and sits in front of the boy. The boy immediately hugs his teddy bear and scoots a little to the back.

"Why are you ignoring me? Are you afraid of me?"

The boy hides his face behind the teddy bear. Little Chanyeol pouts and snatches the teddy bear away from the boy.

"Ah please, don't!"

"So you can speak! I thought you can't speak or something."

Little Chanyeol returns back the teddy bear to the boy.

"My name is Chanyeol. What is your name?"

"B-Baekhyun."

Little Baekhyun plays with teddy bear's hand, his eyes looking down to his teddy bear. His cheeks turn pink again.

"Baekhyun? I call you Baekkie then! Much shorter! You can call me Yeollie okay?"

"W-Why are you here?"

"Huh? What are you talking about, Baekkie?"

"No one wants to be my friend."

"Aww that's not true, Baekkie! I'm here! I'm your friend, Yeollie!"

Little Baekhyun accidentally looks at Little Chanyeol's cute smiling face and he blushes again.

"You blush again, Baekkie! You're so cute!"

Little Chanyeol brushes off Little Baekhyun's bangs from his forehead and hugs him. Little Baekhyun almost crying to feel the comfortable warmth from Little Chanyeol. No one ever hugs him except for his family. It feels so nice.

"Baekkie, do you want to meet my friends? They're nice too!"

"N-Not today....Yeollie...."

"Oh my God, the way you call my name is just so adorable, Baekkie-ah!"

Suddenly, Little Chanyeol stands up, dragging his new friend with him.

"W-Where are you going to take me? I-I don't want to meet your friends. At least not today."

Little Chanyeol picks up Little Baekhyun's teddy bear and truck toy. He hands over the teddy bear to Little Baekhyun. Little Baekhyun gladly takes it.

"I want to introduce you to my mom! Then she will let us eat the ice cream! My mom can send you back home later as well!"

"Oh? I love ice cream..."

Little Baekhyun whispers softly but Little Chanyeol can still hear it.

"Goodness, Baekkie! You should stop being so adorable! My heart couldn't take it anymore."

"S-Sorry, Yeollie."

Little Chanyeol takes Little Baekhyun's hand, intertwining their hands together. Little Chanyeol walks a step in front of Little Baekhyun while humming a song he learned from kindergarten. Little Baekhyun smiles and his eyes never left Little Chanyeol's back. He feels happy and thankful to Little Chanyeol. When they arrived at Little Chanyeol's house, Little Baekhyun is welcome with a warm hug and squeals from Little Chanyeol's mom. Little Chanyeol is smiling with proud as he found a cute friend who is adored by his mom. Everything is perfect. The boys sit side by side on the couch while eating the ice cream. After that, they watch a cartoon together. Not so long after that, Little Chanyeol feels a weight on his shoulder. It looks like Little Baekhyun falls asleep while resting his head on Little Chanyeol's shoulder. 

"Mmmmm Yeollie......"

Little Baekhyun mumbles in his sleep, makes Little Chanyeol smiles. Little Chanyeol hugs his new friend with his free hand and plants a soft peck on Little Baekhyun's cheek.Little Baekhyun smiles in his sleep as if he realizes what Little Chanyeol just did.

"You can have me, Baekkie. Lets be together forever."