I Remember

I Remember

I don’t know why I still remember.

 

We didn’t have the perfect relationship. I knew that. But even if we kept fighting and we’d always somehow end up shouting insults at each other, I always find myself looking for her because she was the one who changed me.

She changed me again when she left. Who was I kidding? She was just playing around with me. She left me for someone she claimed who would be better. I’m hoping she’d see how I am now. I’ve done everything I can, I’ve beat everyone who stood in my way. Soon, she’ll be hearing my songs she used to hate blasting around Seoul.

I was hoping that once she saw me, she’d be ashamed of herself. I was wrong. I was the one who looked away. Everything that held us together, they were suddenly appearing in my mind. Our memories, they’re coming back again. I’m lost within this nightmare.

“Hey, Yongguk, isn’t that your ex?” I turned my head. It was her.  I can’t forget how she moved and how she looked. She was with another guy. He must be the one she dumped me for.

“Aren’t ya gonna talk to her?”

“Hm… sure.” I walked towards her. I’ll make her see what she missed. She noticed me finally but instead of a shocked expression, she faced me with a smirk and turned away.

I expected her to at least greet me, to acknowledge me yet she turned away from me. Completely ignoring me. I remember when she would smile at me and greet me happily. I was wrong again.

 

What have you done to me? I’ll admit it; I’m still in love with you.

 

I remember.

 

At first, I thought I was finally free but that feeling of her not beside me kept haunting me. I was thinking of her again. No, I don’t need her anymore. I’ve sworn now to never love again. She scarred my heart enough. She destroyed my pride enough. All this pain is enough. But I still remember.

I remember that promise we made. She said we will always be there for each other that we will never give up. I held on to that every day of my life. It was my reason for going through every single problem I had every day. It was the reason I held on to us even if I know that promise is gone now. I still won’t forget. Yes, I remember.

 

No matter what I do, I always seem to see us. I see that same light the bound us together.

 

I will still love you. I will keep the promises and I will never forget that moment. 

 

“Yongguk?” She whispered.

“Hm?” Everything was perfect in this moment. She was in my arms and there was no yelling, no throwing of things. It was just us, in a completely peaceful state.

“Let’s make a promise.”

“What?” She turned to me and looked right into my eyes. I’ll never forget those eyes. Even if I get amnesia, I will remember.

“Let’s promise each other that we’ll never leave each other. No matter how big our fight becomes, we’ll work it out.”

“Sure.” She held out her pinky and I smiled. Here she is with her child-like tendencies again.

We hooked pinkies and there it was our promise.

 

Forever, I’ll keep that promise with me and I’ll be hoping she did also. I’ll show her how far I’ve gone. I’ll get her back. I’ll make her remember.

 

Because I won’t ever forget that moment until the end.

I remember.

 


ᾴηӌȔ's ȻɵяɳℯȐ

Gosh, I'm such a er for these stuff.

So once again, I have featured Bang as the main character.

I just see Bang as someone easy to portray I guess.

I hope you enjoyed!

Comment and Subscribe!

Source of inspiration here~

I personally like this version better because of Daehyun's strong vocals.

And that 'I remember' before the song! Love that part XD