Poke

Poke

 

 

Daehyun walked into his room to find his roommate leaning against the headboard of his bed, reading a book.

“Oh, Hyung!” Youngjae exclaimed. “I heard you, but I wanted to finish this one chapter.”

Daehyun just nodded his head as he pulled his rolling desk chair from his side of the room over next to where his dongsaeng was sitting. He sat on it and watched Youngjae as he finished reading the page he was on. He saw how he breathed evenly, with his chest rising and falling, but his eyes soon fell upon the younger boy’s abdomen.

He’s gonna kill me, the older boy thought. He knew Youngjae was sensitive about his tummy, but Daehyun wasn’t going to pass up this opportunity.

“Hyung?”

Youngjae’s voice rang through Daehyun’s ears and caused him to look up at its owner.

“What did you want?” the younger boy asked, hugging his arms around his abdomen, and Daehyun felt as if he just violated him just by looking at him.

“Uh..” he started, hoping he didn’t give himself away. “Are you… ticklish?”

Youngjae’s eyes widened but went back to their normal size before answering. “N-n-no…”

If Daehyun was wearing his mask at the moment, he was sure the younger boy wouldn’t have known what he was planning to do, but unfortunately, he wasn’t.

Youngjae quickly crawled over to the foot of the bed before Daehyun had a chance to make his move.

“Hyung! Why are you smirking like that?!”

“Youngjae, why are you running away from me?” Daehyun laughed. He knew Youngjae was only acting on his instincts, and it made him laugh to see how accurate they were.

“Come back here,” Daehyun said, when the younger boy just stared at him suspiciously from the foot of the bed. After seeing the hurt look on his hyung’s face, he reluctantly crawled over and sat on the edge of the bed in front of him.

Suddenly, Youngjae felt a finger jab at his abdomen, and his hands flew to his mouth to stifle a giggle.

“I was right!” Daehyun exclaimed, who now poked at Youngjae’s tummy with both his index fingers repeatedly.

“Hahahahahaha” was all Daehyun heard.

Youngjae’s tummy was firmer than Daehyun thought it was, after seeing the photograph from the baby fat incident, but it still had a good amount of softness to it.

I’m pretty sure his tummy is softer than that dough creature’s, too, he thought.

Soon, both of them were laughing: Youngjae from Daehyun’s pokes, and Daehyun from Youngjae’s laughter. They tired out only a few minutes later though, collapsing side by side on the bed.

“Hyung,” Youngjae said. “I’m hungry now.”

Daehyun looked over to him. “Me too. I’m craving cookies.”

They both got up from the bed and made their way to the kitchen. Youngjae offered to bake the cookies, as long as Daehyun promised not to poke him like that again. He agreed, only to silently decide to take his dongsaeng by surprise time and again just to hear him laugh.