Lost Chance [One-Shot]

Lost Chance [One-Shot]

 

“Everyone, let me introduce to you guys, Margery Lee. She’s a Korean-American who used to be in the same school and university as me. She’s...my girlfriend.” Siwon said, smiling as he looked at his girl, who was blushing.

Everyone who was gathered in the living room gaped at how beautiful she was.

She was wearing a miniskirt and a tight long sleeved turtle neck shirt, showing off her y legs and figure. Her hair, wavy and brownish in color, framed her perfect oval-shaped face, which was highlighted by her Celtic blue glassy eyes. Her lips were the iest of all. They were small and very thick, kissable. And when she smiled, she basically melts everybody’s heart, wrapping them around her fingers.

She was a carving of a goddess. Just another God’s perfect masterpiece.

In short, she is Choi Siwon’s perfect match.

“Hello, my name is Margery Lee,” she spoke in flawless Hangul  – despite the fact that she had stayed in America for quite some time – and bowed towards the boys, who hesitantly bowed, not keeping their eyes off her.

Ryeowook was the first one to be awakened from her dazzle. “Ahh, welcome to the family, Margie-sshi. I, urm, will cook for you.”

“There’s no need, oppa. Siwon-oppa and I already eat at a restaurant. Sorry,” she bowed again, replying him with an apologetic smile. Ryeowook was instead flattered to hear her calling him ‘oppa’.

“How old are you, Margie-sshi?” Sungmin asked her, still dazzled by her appearance.

“I’m 23 this year. And please, just call me Margie.”

“If that’s the case... call me, Fishy-oppa, understand?” Donghae went up to her and took her hand to kiss it. Eunhyuk was staring at Donghae, frowning.

“That name sounds stupid,” Eunhyuk blurted out. Everyone turned to look at him.

“I’m Hyukjae, or Eunhyuk. Just call me Hyukkie.” He awkwardly said.

Margie giggled, mesmerizing the boys again. “Hyukkie-oppa!”

Eunhyuk smirked in victory as he stared as Donghae, who was watching him in confusion.

“Aish, she’s so cute!” Sungmin ran to her and pinched her cheeks.

Siwon let out a loud cough, calling the attention to himself as he stared – no, glared – at Sungmin who awkwardly smiled and stepped back.

“Urm, I know that my girlfriend is very pretty. But I don’t think there’s a need to abuse or touch her too much,” he said, jealousy obvious in his voice.

Everybody laughed, except for that one person.

After one hour of knowing each other, everyone already officially accepted Margie as part of their family. Except for that person.

She’s a fan of games too, much to that person’s annoyance.

She has a great voice too, much to that person’s dismay.

She behaves like him, acting cute around his hyungs, much to that person’s anger.

And she flirts with all his hyungs, who seemed to be under her spell.

Especially with his Siwon. He doesn’t understand this feeling. A feeling of despair and close to anger, with a hint of longing.

He can’t help but to recall Siwon’s confession a few weeks ago.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Dongsaeng-ah...” Siwon called out to him one night when he was playing with his computer.

“Yeah, hyung?”

“Can you close that game for a minute? I have something important to talk to you.”

He followed what his hyung told him to do. He turned to face him; a look of annoyance crossed his face.

“What is it?”

“I like you.” It was a soft, mumbled voice.

“Huh?”

“I like you. I mean, no. I love you,” Siwon plucked up his courage to tell that young man about his feelings.

“Siwon-hyung...”

“Aish, what was I thinking? I... erh... never mind, I’ll go out.”

“Hyung, don’t.” He called out.

Siwon turned around. “What?”

“Don’t have any feelings for me. I... only treat you as my hyung. Nothing more. All those hugs and kisses, they were just... for fan service. Please don’t misunderstand that, hyung,” he clarified.

Siwon gave a stiff face and walked out of the room abruptly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever since that day, he had been thinking. What exactly are his feelings towards his hyung?

He had to admit, the skin ships between him and Siwon can be labeled as intimate. But he sees nothing wrong with that. Sometimes, he finds it very comfortable while in his hyung’s arms.

Siwon even had told him that he was his favorite out of all the members. He didn’t mind that. He liked that even.

And his time with Siwon seems to be never enough. He seems to be craving for that man.

Which is why whenSiwon did not visit the dorm for days, he grew worried. Had his words hurt him so bad?

He kept asking Ryeowook about Siwon, knowing that Ryeowook will never suspect anything.

According to Ryeowook, Siwon had gone on a vacation with his family.

It was a long while until he saw Siwon again. Three months, to be exact. And he came back with a huge surprise that no one seem to expect.

A girl whom he introduced to be his girlfriend.

‘How was that even possible?!’ he thought. ‘They just knew each other for a few weeks!’ Right? Unless...

Unless Siwon is trying to make him jealous. He smirked at that thought. Of course. If you’re rejected, of course you want to show that you’re happy without the person who rejected you right?

Somehow, he felt his hope to be with Siwon again revived.

But not for long...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What?! Married?! That’s fast, Siwon-ah!” Leeteuk choked on his ramen, together with the rest.

Everyone was having a late dinner after coming back from their schedule. And to make the day worst, their girl-friend was not there to cook for them some delicious meal. Therefore, Siwon took this opportunity to tell them about his plans.

“Awww... congrats hyung!” Ryeowook clapped his hands, smiling.

“Aish, you didn’t even give me the time to woo her, Siwon-ah!” Donghae was pouting, gaining a head slap from Eunhyuk.

“Fishy, you’re MINE!” he grumbled. Donghae smiled and hugged his hyung.

“Sorry, Hyukkie.” Eunhyuk smiled.

“Ahh, hyung. I already known her since I was like, in middle school? We went to high school and university together. So, I think it’s time I make her mine. I mean, seeing the way you guys look at her every time she comes... I am jealous.” Siwon blushed and scratched his head as he admitted his true feelings about how his hyungs and dongsaengs are getting way too friendly with her, with the exception of one.

All of them (except for that one person, of course) laughed at him.

“So, how and when are you going to propose her?” Yesung asked.

“That’s why. I need your help.”

That person was fuming in anger. He swears he’s going to destroy everything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He stepped into the restaurant where his hyung was going to propose to his girlfriend, smirking at the action he was going to take.

After all, the plan is simple. Ruin everything so that his hyung cannot propose to her.

He sat down on a table, scanning around; looking for his hyung.

“Good evening, sir. May I take your order?” he looked up to a young waitress at his table. With a wave of his hand, he dismissed her and continued scanning the place.

“Oppa, I told you not to waste your money on me like this again!” he heard Margie’s voice. His head abruptly turned towards the source.

Siwon was dragging Margie into the restaurant. He was clogged with the most simplest and casual wear – diluted pink t-shirt and jeans – and his hair was spiking everywhere. ‘Must have been in a hurry,’ he thought. He couldn’t help himself but stare at the godlike-creature that he had turned down, seeing the lost chance he had gained from his stupid mistake.

‘I am going to regain that back. I don’t care how. I will,’ he convinced himself.

“I don’t care~” Siwon sang as if he knew what was going through his mind.

As he watched, Siwon pulled out the chair, motioning to his girlfriend to sit on it. Margie pouted, shaking her head as she crossed her arms.

“Awww... come on, honey. I don’t do this every day!” It was Siwon’s turn to pout.

Margie looked at him and smiled the tiniest smile. She pinched his cheeks and sat down.

He was getting envious at this pair. ‘That should have been me,’ he thought silently.

They began chatting for a while, laughing and smiling away. He was getting impatient.

‘Just propose already,’ he screamed in his head.

Then, as if his hyung heard his plea, Siwon took out a small casing. He went nearer to Margie and knelt down beside her.

He stood up and walked nearer to the pair.

“Margie- ah, do you know you are the most perfect partner that I have longed for? I cannot think of anything else to ask for more in a person. You are kind, understanding and really beautiful, inside and out. You were there for me when I was going through the toughest time, as if God had sent me you to me as my angel that managed to cheer me up in a matter of minutes. I want you to know that I never felt love as passionate as this before. And I have made my decision.”

Siwon opened the small casing, revealing two diamond rings.

“Margie-ah, would you like to be my bride, my partner, for the rest of my life?”

He wanted to jump in, to destroy the proposal. But something stopped him from doing so.

Maybe it’s the fact that a lot of people are watching them.

Maybe it’s the fact that it is such sweet moment that it’s really not worth it to destroy.

Maybe it’s the fact that Siwon’s face bore the expression that is too honest and earnest to bring down.

Maybe it’s the fact that he could not bear to destroy his hyung’s happiness as he deserves it.

He turned around, walking as fast as he could. He couldn’t contain his tears as he heard the soft “yes”, followed by a huge round of applause echoing from the restaurant.

‘I will not give up. I will not let him go just like that. I. WILL. NOT.’ He promised as he stared at the moon.

Was everything too late for him?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Yah,” he called out to his hyung’s girlfriend, who was in the dressing room, getting ready for the biggest event in her life.

“Yes, oppa?” Margie turned around and smiled at him.

He had to admit, this is Siwon’s perfect match. He totally loses out in that. But he can still try...

“What do you wish to achieve by getting married at such young age?” he asked.

“Nothing, oppa. Why do you ask?”

“I mean, isn’t 23 a young age to get married? You still have a long way to go.”

“I don’t want to lose him just like that, oppa. I love him with all my heart. If I had declined the offer, he might find someone else and propose to her. I cannot let that happen. I cannot let him go just like that, especially what we have gone through together.”

‘You do know that’s exactly how I feel, don’t you?’ he snapped silently, fuming with anger. But he tried to keep his cool.

“Margie-sshi, you do know that your future... husband,” – he pushed down the crack in his voice upon saying that word, “is a superstar. I am sure that there will be people, especially the Siwonests, who might not be happy with this marriage. We don’t know what these people are capable of. You might just end up in misery.”

Margie stared at him straight in the eyes. “I know the consequences, oppa. And I pray you will not be one of them.”

With that she left him there, dumfounded.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Do you, Margery Lee, take Choi Siwon, as your legal husband?” the preacher asked Margie, who looked at Siwon with a huge smile plastered over her face.

“Yes,” she said with a cracking voice.

“And you, Choi Siwon. Do you take Margery Lee as your legal wife?”

This was his last chance.

“NO!”

Everyone in the room stared at person who shouted that.

“Please, hyung. Don’t marry her. I love you. I cannot let you go just like that. I tried, but my heart objects. I love you, hyung, I love you. Please, give me another chance.” He finally let go of his ego and broke down. He knelt down, crying his heart out.

All he wants is to regain that lost chance.

Siwon looked at Margie, who nodded silently, before walking towards the man he once confessed to. He knelt down and pulled his dongsaeng into a hug.

“Kyuhyun-ah...” he murmured.

“I’m sorry that I let you down. I just don’t understand my feelings at that time. But I know them now; and that is I love you. Please give me another chance. Please hyung, I beg you. I love you,” he kept on babbling as his tears kept pouring down and onto Siwon’s tuxedo.

Siwon smiled. “Honestly, that’s great to know. But Kyu, I’m sorry. I love Margie with all my heart. She was the one who healed my heart in a matter of minutes. She... I have come to love her, Kyuhyun-ah. She’s my life now, and I can’t abandon her just like that.”

Kyuhyun looked at him through his tears. “I guess I lost my chance then.”

“You will find someone much better than me,” Siwon said as he ruffled his dongsaeng’s hair. Kyuhyun looked at him disbelievingly. How can he find someone much better than Siwon, when Siwon’s already the best? He hugged his hyung once more.

“Kyuhyun-oppa,” Margie touched his shoulders. He turned to the girl in the white dress.

“I’m sorry.” Margie knelt down and hugged him tightly.

“It’s not your fault, Margie-sshi. I should have realized it earlier. It’s too late for me now. Really too late.” Kyuhyun patted her back.

With that, he released his hug, stood up and ran off and out of the church, gaining guilty stares from the two and the rest.

“Are we continuing?” the preacher asked, an innocent look crossed his face.

//

Without him noticing, one person ran after him and grabbed his arm. He turned around and that person pulled him into an embrace.

“Yah. You didn’t lose your chance, dongsaeng. You gained a new one.” That person patted him.

He cried again. “Sungmin-hyung...”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone up for a sequel of Kyumin???