More Than Friends

Bunny Warriors in Secret Love || Oneshot collection

“Himchan oppa, please accept my confession,” a girl suddenly popped out from nowhere and blocked Himchan and my pathway.

She was pretty; she was taller than me, a little shorter than Himchan and had pouty cherry red lips. She was like a living doll. Flawless. But then again so were most of the girls that confessed to Himchan but he always rejected them. The reason? I have no clue.

There were rumours that he had his eye on a specific girl. If he did then I didn’t know who she was. There were also rumours that he was secretly married so that was why he always rejected the confessions. That was stupid. The most amusing rumour was that he was gay. That was complete rubbish.

He smiled apologetically and bowed to the girl. “Sorry, I can’t accept your confession.”

The girl looked at him then at the ground then back up to me and gave me a long hard glare. I rolled my eyes. I was not the reason why Himchan rejected you girl. At least I don’t think so... I couldn’t be. I was just his best friend that had been there since he was five. He didn’t like me in the same way I liked him.

Yes, that’s right. I, Kwon Sora, had a crush on my best friend Kim Himchan. It all started when we first met. I still remember that day like the back of my hand (actually no I don’t because I don’t know the back of my hand very well, but that’s not the point). He saved me from a group of bullies that were trying to steal my colouring pencils. He told them that he wasn’t being very nice and they laughed at him and stole my pencils and pushed me down into the sand. He ran after them and took my pencils back. He also told the teacher and they were scolded. He then gave me one of his special band aids and gave me his packet of biscuits. Every since that day we became best friends and I developed a crush on him.

I also remember going home that day and gushing to my mum about him. She laughed and said that she hoped we would stay friends for a long time. I told her that I don’t want to stay friends with him, I want to marry him. I was five, so no judging. I’m not sure if I still want to marry Himchan but I’m sure as hell I would want to be his girlfriend. But that’s hard when girls are constantly throwing themselves at him and when he thinks you like one of his best friends.

“Hey Sora,” Yongguk grinned at me as he walked by us. I nod acknowledging his presence. “I guess this one broke another heart today,” he teased, nudging his head towards Himchan.

“Shut up,” he hissed and then brushed past Yongguk and walked off silently. I sighed and ran after him.

“Himchan. Kim Himchan stop!” I called out to him. He ignored my commands and if anything he began to walk faster. I cursed under my breath and began to sprint towards him. “Kim Himchan, what is up with you?” I demand when I catch up to him.

He takes one glance at me and then scoffs. “Go back to your boyfriend,” he says through gritted teeth.

My eyebrows scrunch up together when he says this. “He’s not my boyfriend and you know that. Yongguk’s just a friend,” I told him.

“Whatever, just leave me alone,” he said, pushing past me.

I scoff at the complete change of his attitude and run back to Yongguk when I realise that I had just left him standing by himself. When I get back he’s just sitting on a wall with a small smile playing on his lips. I tap on his shoulder and he turns around to see me with a not so happy look on my face.

“Himchan’s being difficult,” I told him with a sigh.

“You know why, don’t you?” he asked me. I shook my head no. “It’s because he’s jealous,” he told me.

I gape at him like a dead fish. Jealous of what though? Me and Yongguk? That’s all I can think of. But he can’t be. That doesn’t make any sense.

“What an observant friend you are,” he muttered sarcastically with an eye roll. I slapped him on the arm. “You’re so stupid. He likes you and that’s why he always rejects the confessions. He’s waiting for you to say something to him.”

My mouth drops open again. All these years wasted. I could have confessed to him without any worries after all. When all those girls glared at me it was because they realised he liked me not any of them. When the rumours came out that he liked another girl that was true and that girl was me. I was so stupid.

“Yeah stupid,” he told me and flicked my forehead. I clutched it in pain and whined. “Stop abusing me!” he yelled out, earning some dirty looks from passerbys for being too loud. I laughed at his reaction and hit him harder. “Hurry up then. Go and confess to him and stop hitting me,” he told me when he finally got held of my arms.

“Okay okay. But I will hunt you down if I am humiliated and he doesn’t like me back. I swear to God Yongguk, if you are playing me you better say now,” I said to him in a deadly serious tone. He his head to the side with a ‘do you really think I would try that’ look on his face. “Okay, just saying,” I muttered before walking off to find Himchan.

---

It wasn’t hard to find him. I mean when you’ve been friends for over 10 years you know every single hiding place. He was at the old playground. It was where we met. It held many memories for us and it was always our hide out. Whenever we had a bad day it was the first place we would go. That wasn’t always great as whenever we had an argument we would always end up at the same place. We normally end up making up again there.

I assumed he heard the soft rustle of the leaves beneath my feet as his head snapped up to see me looking at him. He sighed and got up ready to leave.

“Kim Himchan, sit your down,” I yelled at him, “I just want to talk okay?”

He sighed again but obeyed my instructions without a complaint. I walked over to him and sat down next to him on the bench.

“Look, before you say anything I just want to apologise for my behaviour earlier,” he said, before I could get my words out. I nodded in approval.

“Apology accepted. I just don’t understand why you acted like that,” I half bluffed. If what Yongguk said was true then I knew but if it wasn’t then I didn’t.

“I don’t know either,” he said after a long pause. He was lying. I knew he was by his jitteriness. Himchan never acted nervous unless he was lying. He wasn’t very good at lying.

“Yes you do,” I told him with a stern look, trying to get him to open up to me a little.

He exhaled heavily and then kept silent for moments as I stared at him expecting an answer. I sighed. I guess I wasn’t going to get an answer from him. There was no point in trying so I walk home.

“I like you,” he shouted out unexpectedly. I whipped my head around to see Himchan flushed with colour. I couldn’t help grinning. “I was jealous alright,” he finally confessed.

“Yay, finally an answer,” I joked as I sat back down next to him. “I like you too,” I confessed shyly with a small smile playing at my lips.

In the corner of my eye I could see him lift up his head and the nervousness wiped off his face. “You do?” I nodded and looked at him. “Thank God because I didn’t know what I would do if you didn’t,” he half-heartedly laughed.

“I’ve actually liked you for a long time now,” I admitted.

“Me too,” he told me.

“Are you telling me we could have gotten together years ago?” I joked, punching him softly on the shoulder.

“I guess so,” he shrugged. “I wanted to know how you felt but I still didn’t know so I thought I would take a chance. I guess I should ask you the question then, shouldn’t I?”

“Depends what that is...”

“Would you be my girlfriend?”

“No,” I said with a straight face. I just wanted to see his reaction and it was the funniest thing ever. His face fell and a look of pure confusion replaced his smile. I burst out laughing. “Of course you idiot.”

“You’re mean. You’re such a bully,” he told me, pinching my cheeks. I scrunched up my nose and pinched his cheeks back.

---

Ugh, finally. Geez, I’m slow with these updates. Sorry for the lateness. I was studying and out and about. But here it is. And I’ve still got 4 more to go for the first batch. I’m not sure if I will just leave it at the 6 oneshots or carry on. I might make the first 6 as me making up the characters and the plots and the rest requests. Yay or nay? Anyways enough of my rambles and comment and subscribe if you wanna read more.

Heh, I just realised, both of my oneshots so far follow more or less the same theme >~<

-          Mini-cupcakes