The Story of the Broken Love

The Story of the Broken Love

Something that came to me while listening to a sad song.


 

 

    “Are you really sure about this?” You nodded you head and then you said it.

                                                                                                                  “Goodbye.”

    It’s been 4 years since then. I still can’t believe it happened. I live with my boyfriend. We’ve been living together for a while now. He understands that I still have one person that will always be in my heart. So, I’ll tell you the story of how me and my beloved fell apart.

4 years Earlier. Sho’s apartment. 6:00pm

    I came home to see him crying on the couch. I already know not to ask what’s wrong, so I walk up to him and start patting his back. He started to curl into me. “Sorry, Sho-kun.” he said.
    “What are you talking about?” I asked him. I was worried. Thing like this would happen before, but never once did he say he was sorry and never once did he sound like he meant it so much.
    “We need to brake up.”
    “What are you saying?” I never thought he would have said that to me. It was such a shock.
    “I’ve been cheating on you.” he said still crying. He didn’t wait for me to say anything as he went into his room, grabbed his bags and left.
    I sat where I was in shock. It came to me all too fast. He’s cheating on me? For how long? Why did this happen? Why didn’t he tell me? Why did he leave? Why…
Then I went after him. I saw him heading toward a harbor where there were boats. I ran toward him and finally caught up to him.
    “Why?” I asked holding his arm, so he couldn’t move. “Why?”
    “It just happens.” he said not wanting to look me in the face. He turned his head to look at the sea.
    “Not that.” I said and he looked at me surprised. “Why, are you leaving?”
    “…He got a job overseas. So…we’re going. Together.”
    The together hurt me a little. Together? We were suppose to do things together. Since three years ago, when we first got together…we were planning so many things. Things to do together…
    “I need to tell him about it. He doesn’t know I was with you, yet. I wanted to tell you, before I told him.”
    “No,” I heard myself saying “you don’t have to.” I want to do it…
    “But-
    “No. Don’t do it.” I want to carry everything on my shoulders…
    “But, Sho-kun-
    “Please! Don’t tell him!” I want him to be happy…
    “…Ok”
    “Can you tell me…how long?”
    “…7 months.” Only 7 months. We we’re together for three whole- …no. I…don’t care. I just want him to be happy…
    “I have to leave.” he said. I walked with him to the end of the harbor. We turned to look at each other. We stopped for a second and then he started to go onto the ship. I took his arm gently. “Are you really sure about this?” You nodded you head and then you went onto the ship. “Goodbye.” you waved you hand goodbye and I unconsciously waved back. Once the ship’s figure disappeared, I didn’t even notice my body falling to the ground and tears start rolling down my cheeks. “Goodbye…my sweet Jun.”

I said we’d always be together
I said I’d never leave
But it was you who left first

And that’s the story of me and my boyfriend, Jun.


Sorry if it was too short and/or a little rushed. I hope you liked it. ^_^