Chapter 1

...I will come up with a good title soon!

MINHO POV

"Please... please accept her."

I stood there, speechless and motionless.

"No!!" Misun screamed. "You have me. We have our son. We don't need her! Take her away!!!"

The doctor ignored her and looked at me, only at me. "Her dying wish, Minho-ssi. For your daughter-- yours and hers-- to have a daddy."

My wife was in full hysteria mode. "You!" she screamed desperately, pointing at the man."You can be her father. We don't need her-- we don't wnat her here! Go, Please! Go! Leave..."

The doctor gripped the little girl's hand tighter, and she hid behind his leg. I still had nothing to say. I didn't know what to do. Taeyeon was... gone ..., and this child... was our child. I was her father. And this had been Teyeon's dying wish...

The doctor's-- what was his name again? I tried to remember from all those years ago. Oh, right. Key. I remembered because Taeyeon had always loved keys and locks, since our first date had been to that place where you can put your lock on the fence--anyways, Key's lips were set in a straight line, and his eyes were smoldering. "Thanks for you time, anyways, Minho." he spat my name like it was a curse word or something. He took the-- my-- little girl down the hallway and scooped her up playfully in a piggy back ride down the steps. I wondered what her name was. I remembered that  long ago, Taeyeon and I had spent a lot of time thinking of 'the perfect name' for our child...

Misun sighed dramatically, distracting me from my memories. She hugged me tightly. "What a bother, these people," she said. I murmured incoherently and pulled away from her instinctively. She looked shocked. I hesitated. Misun was my wife now, and I had been happy with her and our son... 

But I still remembered how every morning, Taeyeon would come to mind. And now our child.... It had been her dying wish...

 

It was the least I could do for her after... I...

Some things were best left unsaid. Or unthought.

"I'll be right back.." I ran out the door and bolted down the steps, 3 at a time. I was met by crying. She was crying, and Key was trying to comfort her.

"He doesn't like me, daddy. Appa doesn't like me! Umma was a liar!" she wailed.

"Shhh..... Of course he loves you, sweetie.. He was probably just surprised."

"Really?"

"Yeah, and also sad that Umma went away. I'm sure he likes you a whole bunch!" Key smiled. "You're too cute to resist."

She smiled at that, and her smile took my breath away. She looked exactly like Taeyeon... Pictures started flicking in front of me: 

An image of Taeyeon laughing at something I said...

Her smile when I proposed to her...

Her cute, irresistible pout...

her sadness of having no baby...

Her hurt... because of me, and how she somehow kept smiling...

What I wouldn't give to go back, before she had died. To tell her sorry, tell her "i love you," one last time...

"Wait!" I blurted out.

Key looked up. "Oh, Minho-ssi," he said curtly. The girl hid behind Key's legs again. Ok, I was seriously getting tired of adressing her as "the girl." If she was Taeyeon's child... Our child, her name should be...

"Kihyun. Is... that your name?" she nodded shyly, grinning. I smiled back at her and turned back to Key. "I... we can take her."

"Are you sure? I don't want to burden you," Key said sarcastically. "After all, she is your child."

"I'm sure. She's Taeyeon and my child. And I owe it to... Taeyeon." I inhaled sharply. I hadn't said Taeyeon's name out loud for a long time. For some reason it had seemed forbidden. But now.. seeing her child, our child in front of me, and exact replica of Taeyeon... I knew I was making the right choice. "We'll take her," I said more confidently.

Key smiled for once, and I realized he was a very handsome man. Not as good looking as me, but handsome all the same. I wondered what relationship Taeyeon had had with this man. His patient? Girlfriend?

 

 

...Wife?