fin.

notes
Please log in to read the full chapter

The froth swirls, her gaze zoned out to the slow spiral. She snaps out of her trance when she hears her name being called.


"Wheein!" The girl with whisker dimples greets her brightly, which makes her nod in acknowledgement.


"Hello, Byulyi unnie." Wheein smiles, her lips curving slightly upwards. She watches her senior place a pile of book by the table space in front of her, a sigh coming out from the older.


"Always early, never noisy." Moonbyul shakes her head in amusement as she busies herself with her lecture notes, a ball pen now tucked by her right ear.


Wheein doesn't answer and opts to take a sip of her now cold coffee. Today is one of their silent hell week preparation days— they review together in total silence, only talking in small breaks to not let themselves get too much into reviewing.


It isn't just the two of them. Speaking of which, Wheein looks overhead behind Moonbyul, the sight of two students walking to their direction revealing before them. "Unnie, Hyejin-ie and Yongsun unnie is already here." Wheein says, which made the older turn around in excitement.


Due to the policy of the study space to noise levels, they hush their greetings to each other as they both prepare to review. Hyejin sits with Moonbyul as usual, while Yongsun finds herself comfortable to the presence of Wheein, her junior.


The four of them has started by 8 in the morning. Wheein divides her review into two parts— recalling and summarizing. While skimming through her lecture notes, she can feel Yongsun's skin bumping against the side of her arm every now and then.


For some reason, Wheein feels her heart skip a beat to the touch.


She steals a quick glance to the older— Yongsun's cheeks are puffed up, lips pouting with visible confusion. Wheein swears that she has never looked this cute before. They have been reviewing together for months now— why is she finding Yongsun cute all of a sudden?


Her pen lingers to the pack of sticky notes that she saved for her recalling part. She cannot concentrate for now, and she wants to do something else.


Maybe I should try to cheer her up, but just putting "fighting!" sounds so lame. Perhaps, a quote will do.


Wheein gulps. I have the note. Now, I should buy her a cup of coffee. She excuses herself from the group, steps hurried downstairs to order an iced vanilla latte and Americano.


An hour later, Yongsun stretches back from her seat when she realized that there was a cup of coffee in front of her. Wheein has bought her a drink. A note was stuck on the cup, making her giggle silently to what was written.

 


Sometimes, you need to look at things from a different perspective.

 


Meanwhile, Wheein has also realized how she loved seeing Yongsun like this.


So precious.


-


It is day two of their group study, and Wheein is already halfway done in reviewing seven of their subjects altogether. Something has inspired her this much to focus this hard. When she went home yesterday, her head was throbbing with dull pain, but remembering Yongsun's pretty smile and giggle made it all worth it.


She plans to do the same for today. Wheein fetches the sticky note

Please log in to read the full chapter