First Encounter

Night Duty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm heading out to grab some coffee. Want to come along?"

"I'll have hot chocolate. Could you cover it first?"

"You could have just asked me to treat you since you never pay."

"Are you seriously being judgmental right now? I promise to pay you."

"You've been saying that for four years now. You still haven’t paid the two sticks of fishcake you owe me."

"I wish you hadn't asked me to join you. If you're going to bring up the two sticks of fishcake I owe you that I can't even remember.”

 

As Colleen stepped out of the car, she rolled her eyes in frustration. She and her partner were in the midst of a stakeout, parked near a bustling nightclub. Their informant had tipped them off about a significant deal scheduled for that night. They had been trailing the notorious drug lord, Ian Galvez, for months, but so far, they lacked sufficient evidence to secure a warrant for his arrest. Ian, as he was known in the criminal underworld, was a cunning adversary, always managing to stay one step ahead of the law. With the weight of their mission pressing on their shoulders, Colleen and her partner prepared themselves for a long and tense night ahead.

 

"We've been here for an hour already. Still nothing? Maybe the tipster was just messing with us.”

 

Colleen said as she handed the hot chocolate drink to Yuki.

 

"Let's wait a bit longer. The night is still young; let's stay until midnight.”

 

Yuki answered as she took a sip from her cup.

 

“! I just burned my tongue.”

 

Yuki said as she burned her tongue and throat.

 

"You're so dumb. It's called hot chocolate for a reason."

"Yeah, whatever, smartass.”

 

Yuki shot a glare at Colleen, who simply chuckled, further irritating her. They waited for another two hours until Yuki spotted two vehicles parked in front of the club. She quickly nudged Colleen to wake her up.

 

"Hey! Wake up, they're here."

"Yeah, I'm awake now. You're right, enough hitting, for heaven's sake, it hurts already.”

 

The two emerged from their cars promptly, dressed in casual attire. Yuki sported blue tattered skinny jeans and white sneakers, paired with a v-neck shirt and a leather jacket. Meanwhile, Colleen opted for black leather pants and high-cut Converse, complemented by a white tank top and a denim jacket. Just as they were about to enter, the bouncer suddenly blocked their path.

 

"Ma'am, excuse me. Minors are not allowed."

"Sir, we're already of legal age."

"Can we just see your IDs, please?”

 

Though the duo might be 23 years old, unfortunately, they were blessed with youthful appearances that often irked Yuki.

 

"I'm sorry, ma'am. You may come in now.”

 

The bouncer said as he gave back their IDs.

 

"What if we just party instead of working?”

 

Colleen softly whispered as she took a glance at the bar counter.

 

"What if I smack you on the head with the whiskey bottle to knock some sense into your thick skull?"

"Just kidding. You're taking things too seriously.”

 

The former scoffed at her and returned her gaze to the entire bar.

 

“I think they are above that stairs, inside the VIP room.”

"How can we go up if there are bouncers guarding the stairs?"

"Watch me.”

 

Yuki smirked as she walked in the middle of the dance floor.

 

“Oh gosh, I have seen this before and I swear to God I didn’t like the ending.”

 

Colleen said to herself as she followed Yuki.

 

Yuki began dancing in the center of the room, and when she spotted a young man who seemed susceptible, she started grinding her body against him, taking advantage of his vulnerability.

 

“Hi there, gorgeous.”

 

He greeted her warmly, his eyes filled with desire. Yuki responded with an enticing smile as she wrapped her arms around his broad shoulders. In return, the man placed his hands on her waist.

 

“It’s my first time seeing you here.”

“I just moved around the area.”

“I see. Aren’t I lucky to stumble upon a pretty girl like you?”

“Nahh. It’s me who is lucky that I found a handsome man like you here.”

 

Deep down, Yuki felt a wave of nausea, her gay unable to stomach the words that had just escaped her lips. The guy smirked smugly at her, further aggravating her. Before she lost her patience and landed a punch on his face, she let out a small yelp.

 

“Ahh!”

“H-hey, what happened?!”

“The guy behind me touched my back.”

“What?!”

 

The man released his grip on her waist.

 

“Step aside. I’ll handle this.”

 

Yuki did as she was told, and when she spotted Colleen, she immediately approached her.

 

“Wait for it.”

 

She whispered to the latter while chuckling softly.

 

“Bro.”

“...”

“Hey.”

“...”

“Hey man.”

“...”

“Yah!!!”

 

The guy yelled and grabbed his shoulder forcefully to turn him around.

 

"What the ?! What the hell is your problem?!"

"You! You're rude."

"What?! What did I do to you? Are you crazy?”

 

The man said as he pushed the former guy.

 

"You're such a jerk, grabbing a girl's back."

"Why are you so furious? Are you the girl?”

 

He said with a laugh, which angered the man who had been dancing with Yuki earlier, prompting him to throw a punch. Chaos ensued, and other customers quickly called for the bouncers. As the bouncers left their posts to intervene, Yuki seized the opportunity to slip away from the crowd, pulling Colleen along as they hurried up the stairs.

 

"Quick, let's go up before we get noticed."

"You little spawn of Satan, you're unbelievable.”

 

Colleen said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter