o n e

Pearl and silk

.

Chandelier crystals reflect against the glass in her manicured hand. Her gown of silk and pearl a contrast to his all black. A symbol of divination and sin. The two were a sight that attracted the eyes of the room as they made small talk with those they know, introducing themselves to new faces as they circle the room. But it's one pair of eyes in particular that leer with an ulterior motive. It wasn't until she had detached herself from her husband, exiting the hall to use the restroom, that they decided to approach.

"Lola Kim." Her name was gruff on the person's lips. "Correct."

A look of recognition crosses Lola's face. Vakhtang Giorgadze, a georgian thug who wanted to expand his empire into the asian market. Had been pestering Junmyeon for months about brokering a deal. Seems he's found another way to present his case. 

"You would be correct, Mr. Giorgadze." She greets with a polite smile. 

His eyes lighten. "Ah. You know of me. I suppose your husband does a lot of pillow talking, hm." His eyes rake over figure. Vakhtang couldn't blame the man. 

"Wouldn't exactly be wise for a woman like me to not know who I'm taking to."

He gives a small smirk. "People that know who they're talking to address me as Vak. Can't make friends if everyone is always so formal, no."

"If your intentions are to make friends with my husband. You would need to be addressing him to do." Lola hints to Vak. Making nice with her, wouldn't sway her husband in his favor.

"That is true, but certain things-" He takes a step closer. HIs voice breathy, lowering to no louder than a whisper, as he finishes. "Need a woman's touch." 

Lola stares into the man's eyes. The eyes of a man who wouldn't hesitate to use her to get what he wants. 

"Mr. Giorgadze, nice to see you again." Seojoon, Junmyeon's right hand, makes her presence known. Looking to Lola. "He's looking for you."

"Seems I've been summoned. Nice chatting with you, Mr. Giorgadze."

"Perhaps next time we meet, you will address me less formally." He smiles. As she moves to walk around him he takes a step, placing himself in her path. "By the way, congratulations on the new addition to your family. The love of a child is unlike any other."

Lola barley blinks back her surprise. Her pregnancy hasn't been announced, the gown on the more looser side to hide her bump. He's been watching her longer than tonight. Giving a gracious smile and a bow of her head in gratitude, Lola continues past him.

When her footsteps fade into an echo, Seojoon places his attention back on the man in front of him. "Stay away from her."

"Is that a threat?" The georgian man has a glint in his eye. A hunger. 

For Lola. For conflict. Both. Seojoon isn't sure. "Finding the heads of the two men you had following her around in that grey sedan at your doorstep is a threat. I'm just extending a courtesy to a man who has no idea what he's getting himself into." Seojoon talks to the man as a parent would a child when being caught doing something they shouldn't. He can see for a moment the shock in the older man's eyes of not having the upper hand like he thought he had. "He doesn't do that much pillow talking." Seojoon smirks, turning to leave. "I'll be sure to give him your well wishes for the baby." He adds over shoulder.

Lola slinks back into her husband's side like she never left. His hand finding its place on the curve of her lower back. "Everything okay?" His voice is soft, just above the a whisper as he presses a kiss to her ear. 

She gives a hum, paired with a smile. Falling right back into a pleasant conversation with the wife of a chinese delegate, who was a third party in Junmyeon doing business with the chinese ambassador. 

Seojoon makes an appearance next to Junmyeon not to long after. Giving a run down in a hushed tone. Junmyeon's eyes lock with Vakhtang as he re-enters the room with another man flanking his left. The Georgian thug stares back challengingly, of which earns him a smirk. 

Vakhtang has taken on many men like the young Kim. Has added many wives to his estate back in his motherland. This would be no different than his other conquests. He stares back into the eyes of the one they call the serpent of the south unwaveringly. His father taught him that if you wanted to know what kind of man someone is. Look them in the eye. The eyes never lie. In Junmyeon he sees nothing but an arrogant boy, who had his every accomplishment handed to him. The Kim's are old money. This kid knows nothing about the horrors, of the sacrifices that build empires. But for a second, in a small glimpse. A flicker of light. He sees something nefarious in the young serpent's eyes. A promise of a wrath from the deepest of hells. 

Lola doesn't pay any attention as her husband enters their bedroom. Tie disposed, shirt untucked and ed. Expensive cotton grazing over sculpted honey skin. His shined shoes fill the quiet room with soft tap, which fades into silence as he comes to a stop beside where she sits at her vanity.

"Jun?" She looks with confusion as he suddenly kneels onto the floor. Pressing his forehead into her thigh. She runs a hand over the black strands still neatly gelled down. 

"Do you forgive me?"

His words confuse her eyes more. Her breathing turns heavier in her anxiousness. "For what?" 

"Wanting to kill a man in your name." He asks, eyes looking up to stare into hers.

In them she sees. He's not asking for forgiveness, but permission. To rage war. To burn down cities and scatter the ashes to the wind. To launch a thousand ships in her honor. He had vowed, promised, that no one shall ever make her feel unsafe to leave their own home. Should ever make her fear for the life of their child. Not while he's breathing. 

She turns her body to face him, holding his face in her hands. She swipes her finger across the small scar on the edge of his brow. "For better or for worse." 

With a gentle caress of a knuckle over the swell of her stomach, he leans up to entangle her lips with his. In the sweetness of her kiss he receives redemption. 

.