i don't like anyone except sometimes you

backburner
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Sagutin mo na, kanina pa nagriring 'yung phone mo" reklamo ni Ryujin sa kaibigan. Ibinaba ni Winter ang hawak na shot glass.

 

"Hayaan mo" 

 

"Ning, shot-an mo pa 'ko. Taasan mo." Inabot ni Winter ang shot glass kay Ning na may hawak na Black Label.

 

Agad naman na nilagok ni Winter ang alak. Hindi pa sinundan ng chaser. Batak nga sa inuman.

 

Hindi pa umaabot ng limang minuto ay tumunog na naman ang cellphone niya.

 

Karina calling…

 

"Tangina naman" Sino ba kasing niloloko niya, alam naman ni Winter sa sarili niyang eventually she would give in and answer the call. Hindi din naman niya matitiis si Karina.

 

She picked up her phone at umalis sa table nila, She walked past the people dancing on the dance floor para lang makarating sa likod ng bar.

 

Usok ang sumalubong sa kanya sa labas, almost every corner has someone smoking.

 

She went to a quiet area and answered the phone.

 

"What do you wan–" Hindi pa siya natatapos sumigaw when the other person in line cut her off.

 

"Hey, Win." Maamong saad nito.

 

"Why aren't you answering your phone?" Winter knows her too well, she knows exactly what had happened just by hearing the sound of her voice.

 

"I'm busy, Karina" sagot niya

 

"Oh. Sorry, did I disturb you?" Oo, you disturbed my peace of mind, Winter thought.

 

"No, it's fine. Why did you call?" It's Karina, Winter knows the moment she hears her voice nothing would matter to her other than Karina. She would drop anything for her.

 

"Nag away nanaman ba kayo?" She asked her

 

"Yeah, he's just…" She paused "he's being unfair again"

 

Winter was right, It's about him again. After all tumatawag lang naman kasi si Karina sa kanya para magrant. That's the only time Karina remembers her.

 

But Winter didn't mind. She won't ever mind being the one to be put aside if he comes around. Because It's Karina, she won't mind if it's Karina. Because she loves her.

 

"Do you want me there?"

 

"Okay lang ba?" You know I never say no when it comes to you

 

"I'm on my way"

 

Winter didn't even mind her friends who's waiting for her inside, she didn't mind the fact that she left some of her things with them na pati nga ‘yung bag niya naiwan sa loob.

 

It's not the alcohol that's making her do things irrationally. It's her love for Karina. She loves her to the point that she'd go through any lengths for her. She’d swim the oceans, She’d hike the mountains, if si Karina ang makikita niya sa dulo nito.

 

Karina stood in front of the door when she arrived, her eyes were puffy.

 

She looks bad when she's like that.

 

Sinalubong siya ni Karina ng y

Please log in to read the full chapter