1/1

Weren't You A Wolf ?

The first one to finish the process was Jisung. He had been so afraid of messing up that he'd studied most diligently, and had gone through every step with utmost caution. He was very hesitant to show his animagus to his friends until he was able to fully control the transformation. The only one who had seen him as soon as he had finished the process was his boyfriend Minho. As much as he was proud of his boyfriend, he couldn't stop teasing him about the fact that his animagus was a quokka. But Jisung didn’t care since he had been able to tease Minho about his own animagus when he had finished the process too.

 

"I can't believe we were right this whole time!" Hyunjin said, loudly laughing once Minho told them what his animagus was.

 

"Do you want to eat tissues, Hyunjin-ah?" Minho menacingly asked and Hyunjin immediately stopped laughing. "That's what I thought."

 

"Baby, you being a cat is the most cliché thing ever" Jisung said, taking Minho's hand as he giggled. One look at Jisung was enough to soften Minho and he stopped glaring at Hyunjin.

 

"I wonder who'll be the next one," Seungmin said.

 

The next one to present was Jeongin.

 

"I'm actually surprised you're a fox and not a snake," Changbin said after Jeongin excitedly told them that he finally got through the whole process as they were all walking around the lake.

 

"Changbin hyung, be careful with your words" Jeongin ominously said, his ever-present warm smile on his face.

 

"Yeah, hyung. Don't forget that despite his animagus being a red fox, he is in fact a snake" Seungmin said, putting one arm around Jeongin's waist and pulling him closer.

 

"Anyway!" Changbin said, turning to the others. "I'm super curious about everyone else's animagus. Beside Chan hyung's."

 

"What? Why?" Chan asked.

 

"We all know it'll be a wolf," Hyunjin said, matter of factly. "Just like we knew for Minho hyung, we already know for yours."

 

"I don’t know, maybe it will be a kangaroo" Felix jokingly said, sticking his tongue out to Chan.

 

"Nah, he’s acting like a pack alpha, being all protective and stuff. It will be a wolf" Han confidently replied.

 

"You're such a furry, Hannie," Chan said, laughing. "We'll see. Maybe it will be a wolf, maybe not. Maybe I won't even be able to finish the process."

 

"You will, baby. You’re the smartest" Felix said, kissing Chan on the cheek, making half of their friends roll their eyes at how sweet they were being.

A week later, Felix entered the Great Hall running straight to his boyfriend.

 

“Channie! I just finished!” he exclaimed, ecstatic. “A black panther, I’m a black panther!”

 

"I'm so proud of you, little one! A panther, I almost can't believe it" Chan said, chuckling.

 

"Why do you say that?" Felix asked, cocking his head to the side, making Chris want to kiss him for being so cute.

 

"I always knew you had a wild side to you, baby” Chan replied, winking to his boyfriend.

 

“Oh, baby” Felix whined, playfully hitting Chan’s arm as he turned red.

 

“I could hear you being disgusting from the next table. What’s your animagus, Lix?” Jisung asked, eager to know.

 

“A black panther, can you believe it?”

 

“I can actually. You always go wild whenever you play Quidditch. It’s a mystery you haven’t killed anyone yet on that broom of yours” Jisung replied, making Felix whine loudly and hit him hard on the chest.

 

“Ouch! Stop it you wild animal!” Jisung shouted before turning into a quokka and running away as fast as he could.

 

Felix turned to see his boyfriend laughing.

 

“I can’t believe he took the time to turn before running away.”

 

“He knew he’d run faster this way, he’s got very short legs” Felix replied, finally sitting down next to his boyfriend, ready to eat breakfast.

 

By lunch, the whole group of friends knew about Felix’s animagus, as did half of the school. Being Gryffindor’s seeker, the blond was pretty popular. Unlike Felix’s friends, most of his fans were surprised about the animal he could turn into; they never would have thought that sweet, nice, caring Felix’s animal would be such a wild one.

 

“Man, if they knew just how wild you could be…” Chan whispered in his ear as they walked away from a little group of fourth years that had come to congratulate Felix.

 

“Shut up” Felix hissed, albeit playfully, finally sitting down for lunch.

 

At the end of the day, as the eight friends were gathered in the library for a little study session, Hyunjin spoke.

 

“Wait, this means that the only ones left to finish the process are me, Binnie, Seungminie and Chan hyung.”

 

Everyone hummed.

 

“That’s gonna be wild” he said and everyone hummed again.

 

About a week later, Hyunjin and Changbin, hand in hand and skipping, joined their friends as they were waiting to go to Hogsmeade altogether.

 

“What’s up with you guys?” Jeongin asked, genuinely curious.

 

Hyunjin giggled and Changbin smiled even wider.

 

“We finished the process together, right this morning,” Changbin said, giggling as well.

 

“Let me guess… Hyunjin’s a ferret” Minho said, making Hyunjin gasp.

 

“Are you psychic?!” Hyunjin shrieked.

 

“No, you just look like one” Minho replied, shrugging. “But I don’t know about Changbin,” he added.

 

“I’m a grizzly,” Changbin said and everyone went silent for a moment.

 

“Wooooow, no way!” Jisung exclaimed.

 

“That’s so cool!” Seungmin said. 

 

“Let’s fight!” Felix excitedly cried out.

 

“Felix, no” Chan whispered, pulling Felix closer as he tried to jump on Changbin.

 

Needless to say, their day in Hogsmeade had been quite animated this time around.


 

“You know, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to finish the process. It’s proving to be more difficult than I thought” Seungmin admitted to Chan as they were both sitting in the library, studying Arithmancy.

 

“Hey, don’t say that. It’s not easy and everyone goes at their own pace. Some steps that were easy for you were surely harder for someone else. And it’s not a race” Chan responded, a warm smile on his face and an even warmer hand on Seungmin’s shoulder.

 

“I know. But it’s been almost a whole month since Hyunjin and Changbin hyung finished and they did it at the same time. I’m just starting to lose hope” Seungmin said, a bit dejected.

 

“Look, Jinnie and Binnie went through all the steps together so I would have been surprised if they hadn’t finished the process together” Chan replied, giggling. “Maybe Jeongin could help you?”

 

“I don’t wanna be a burden,” Seungming muttered.

 

“Minnie. Did you think of Innie as a burden when he asked for your help?”

 

“Of course not.”

 

“I’m sure he won’t either. You know how much he loves you, he’ll do anything to help you” Chan said, making Seungmin blush.

 

True to his word, Seungmin asked for Jeongin’s help and, a few weeks later, as Chan was sitting with Felix under the big oak tree by the lake, a big brown dog came to them.

 

“Oh my god, where is that wonderful dog coming from?” Felix asked, immediately going to hug the said dog, who avoided him. “Huh? What kind of dog avoids some free petting?” Felix said, confused.

 

Chan laughed and closed the book he was reading.

 

“I’m proud of you, Seungmin-ah,” he said.

 

“Seungmin?” Felix shrieked and, right then, Seungmin appeared before them.

 

“Thank you, hyung,” Seungmin said, smiling from ear to ear. “Sorry Felix, but even as a dog I don’t particularly like physical touch.”

 

“You liar, you don’t avoid Innie like that” Felix replied, pouting.

 

“Anyway, there’s only you left, hyung. I’m curious to see which animal will be yours. I personally don’t think it’s gonna be a wolf but, who knows?”

 

“I don’t know. As long as I’m not a prey to Felix’s animagus” Chan said, giggling as Felix suddenly hovered over him, growling like a wild beast.


 

“You owe me one, dude” Soobin told Felix as he vacated their shared room. “Next time I wanna have some alone time with my boyfriend, you better not object.”

 

“I won’t, thank you Soobin-ah!”

 

“Sorry” Chan said embarrassedly.

 

“No worries, hyung. Have a good night” Soobin replied, smirking before closing the door behind him.

 

“Let’s get to bed, shall we?” Felix said, pulling Chan to his bed. “It’s so convenient that we are in the same house. It’s such a hassle for the others when they wanna have some alone time” Felix said as he layed down on his bed.

 

“Oh my god, I remember when Jisung got caught trying to sneak Minho inside his house! I had never seen Minho so embarrassed, I almost died laughing” Chan replied, laughing out loud as he took his side of Felix’s magically widened bed.

 

“Stop thinking about other guys and kiss me, idiot” Felix fake-complained and Chan nodded before doing as told.

 

After a long make-out session, Chan proceeded to spoon Felix and they quickly fell asleep. When Felix woke up the next morning, he was feeling extremely hot. He was sweating all over and, even if it wasn’t out of the ordinary since he had Chan sleep over, it was still hotter than usual. He yawned and turned around to watch Chan sleep for a bit. But when he did, he found himself face to face with a sleeping koala. It looked so cute all curled up on itself and smelled lightly of eucalyptus. It grunted a bit as it squirmed and Felix was about to coo when it suddenly hit him: Chan’s animagus was a koala. He tried to contain his laugh at the absurdity of the situation. Felix would never have thought he’d be a koala! He was kinda on-board with the others about the wolf theory and they had joked a couple times about the possibility of it being a kangaroo but this? This was just hilarious. Unable to hold himself anymore, Felix burst out laughing, immediately waking Chan up. Surprised by the sound, he turned back to his human form, which made Felix laugh harder.

 

“What’s up? What’s so funny early in the morning?” Chan asked, his voice still laced with sleep.

 

“Baby, when did you finish the process?” Felix asked back after he’d calmed down.

 

“What do you mean? I haven’t” Chan answered, confused.

 

“Honey, I just woke up to you being a koala! I don’t think it’s been very long since you’re turning in your sleep. You’re the first case of unconscious turning I’ve seen.”

 

“Wait. Did you just say a koala ?” Chan asked and Felix nodded. “Oh my god, it couldn’t be worse! They’re all gonna tease me till the end of time!” he whined, grabbing his hair.

 

Felix grabbed his hands and gently pulled them away.

 

“Hey, it’s fine. I think it’s pretty cute and, honestly, it would have been worse if it had been a kangaroo.”

 

“I guess… Anyway, let’s get up so we can tell them; the sooner the better. Maybe they’ll get sick of teasing me by the end of the week” Chan said, resigned.

 

“I love you, baby” Felix said, getting up too.

 

“I love you too,” Chan replied, embarrassed.


 

“Wow, to think that the animal which suits you best is one that sleeps 20 hours a day is actually so ridiculous. I’ve never seen someone as insomniac as you” Hyunjin said after Chan told them as they were hanging in an empty classroom and they had all stopped laughing.

 

“Maybe that’s a sign for you to get more sleep,” Seungmin said, a bit concerned.

 

“Whatever it means, we were all wrong,” Jeongin said. “Actually, we couldn’t be further from reality.”

 

“I think it’s super cute,” Felix said, cuddling closer to Chan’s side on the table they were both sitting on. “You should have seen him while he slept, he looked so peaceful” Felix added and Chan blushed, the obvious fondness in Felix’s eyes and voice making butterflies go wild in his belly.

 

“What I’m wondering is how is it possible that he wasn’t aware he had finished the process already?” Minho asked, narrowing his eyes as he tried to come with an answer to his own question.

 

“I have no idea,” Seungmin said. “But unconscious turning isn’t common either so maybe we shouldn’t think too much about it.”

 

“Seungmin is right,” Hyunjin added, “what matters is that we all finished the process without a hitch.”

 

They all nodded at Hyunjin’s wise words and Jisung clapped his hands.

 

“Well, what do you think about going to Hogsmeade this week-end? Christmas is right around the corner and I heard that there’s a special offer at Madam Puddifoot’s Tea Shop for couples.”

 

“Madam Puddifoot?” Jeongin asked, scrunching his nose in distaste.

 

“Yes. Don’t you go there for Valentine’s Day?” Jisung asked, surprised by his reaction.

 

“Um, no,” Seungmin replied on behalf of his boyfriend. “We usually spend it in the castle.”

 

“Now that you say it, I never saw you go out for Valentine’s,” Hyunjin pointed out before smirking.

 

“Hyunjin,” Jeongin warned. “Anyway, I think we’ll pass, Jisung, sorry” he added and Seungmin nodded.

 

“I’d love to go though,” Felix said, turning to Chan. “What do you think, honey?”

 

“Whatever you want, little one,” Chan answered, kissing Felix.

 

“Ew, I’ll go only if you promise no to do this in front of me ever again” Hyunjin said, grabbing Changbin’s hand. “Right, babe?”

 

“Sure” Changbin replied and Jisung smiled.

 

“Yay! I also heard that she can personalise cookies for a little extra!” Jisung said, already excited.

 

“Now, honey. Calm down. We’re not getting each other’s cookies in the form of our animagus,”Minho said, ruffling Jisung’s hair when the latter pouted at his words.

 

“I’m sorry but if I don’t eat a koala cookie, I’m pretty sure I’d die” Felix said, giggling as Chan whined.

 

“That’s such a good idea! Let’s all get koala cookies!” Hyunjin exclaimed, laughing as Chan’s ears went pink.

 

“If there’s a chance to make fun of Chan hyung, I guess we can go, right Jeongin-ah?” Seungmin asked and Jeongin smiled.

 

“Sure! I can’t pass such a golden opportunity” 

 

“I hate you all so much!” Chan exclaimed, getting up and making his way to the door.

 

Felix quickly caught up to him and grabbed his hand, intertwining their fingers.

 

“Till the end of time” he said in his ear before kissing Chan, to their friends’ dismay.