Be True.

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Does the greatest lover in the entire universe fancy a drink?" I extended out my arm towards him and smirked.

 

"Thanks," he gave me a smile and took the can of beer, opening it and took a big gulp, letting out a big sigh. "This's a pretty good one."

 

"It's the same as whatever you had been drinking. It's just that you needed it now," I sat beside him, hugging my knees to my chest and looked at the star-studded sky. "A beautiful night,"

 

"Is the night always that beautiful?" He commented, more for himself than for me. "It seems like I had been missing out on way too much things..."

 

"Yah, why are you doing all these?" I pouted at his behaviour and I darted my eyes down the hill, to the lighted campsite, where the pair of lovebirds were. "Is this what you want?"

 

"I guess so?" His gaze followed mine and landed on them as well. A weak grin plastered across his face. "Isn't this good? She's happy, she's blissful. Everything is wonderful. A happy ending."

 

"Not for you," I cut him off angrily and gave a sigh eventually. "Ji, you don't deserve this. You deserve much better..."

 

"And she deserves much better too. And the only person that is capable of giving her that, is Kang Daesung. It's not me. In fact, it had never been me. I had done nothing but caused her harm, put her at risk. Over and over again," he turned to look at me, face carved in pain. "I don't wish to see the history repeats itself again. You don't know how much it pained me to see her hands slipping away from mine, her being covered in blood, but yet, still kept a smile for me... I don't think I can overcome it for one more time."

 

"So you think Daesung would be able to protect her? Till eternity?"

 

"I choose to believe that," he was guilty and avoided my eyes. "At least she's safe with him and his dad wouldn't put her in danger like mine do. This is the best way."

 

"What will happen if Yoona regain her memory? What if she recalls your relationship with her? The each and every moment that you guys had spent together? Do you really think that she would still be blissful with Daesung?" I was a stubborn person and I weren't going to go down without a fight.

 

"She wouldn't. Her subconscious mind will prevent her from recalling everything. I wouldn't put her into danger again. She doesn't deserve all the , she deserves only the best in the world," he continued to stare at Yoona who was feeding Daesung with food. "I would want to see this smile forever and ever... Even if it's from a far distance like now."

 

I didn't know how to reply and I looked at him intently. For a brief moment, I was depressed. To be honest, I treat Jiyong as my brother. Just like Sandara, I love Jiyong and hope that he would receive the best. He always acts cool and calm in front of the others, but deep down, I know he is hurting more than anyone else; a demanding father, an arranged relationship, an undying love for his ex-girlfriend who couldn't even remember who is he now. It's pretty amazing how he could still portray such a cool and calm image to everyone. He must have hurt too much to even show it now.

 

"If you think this works the best, then I'll support you," I patted his shoulder and gave him a smile.

 

"Thanks, noona..." He returned with a smile and very naturally, he pillowed his head against my shoulder and closed his eyes. "This is the best way out..."

 

I his hair gently as a comfortable silence lingered. At least he showed his frail side to me, at least I was someone whom he can turn to when he is helpeless.

 

"If you're tired, I'll always be here. My shoulders are always here for you..." I whispered and I felt the slight nod against my shoulder.

 

We remained like this for quite some time if I could recall. I kept still, focusing on the stars shinning brightly while fatigue began to catch up to him. I soon heard his stablised breathing and realised that he was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter