I know.

From the start
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul. 6:12PM.

 

Aespa has been busy with their new comeback -promoting the new album to the worldwide fans and today is no different. They're in a radio studio, surrounded by microphones, soundproof walls, and a control panel. The host sits across from them, asking thought-provoking questions while the producer and technicians work behind the scenes to ensure everything sounds perfect. The atmosphere is buzzing with excitement and anticipation as they share their thoughts and experiences with the listeners. 

 

"Then just until here,-

 

 

be my ae, it's aespa!"

 

Those four girls bid their farewell and waves continously towards the camera then bowed to the radio host. Some of them managed to send mini hearts and aegyo pose to the individual cameras.

 

"See you next time, girls! It was fun talking to all of you."

 

"Okay unnie. Let's meet again next time!"

 

Karina lead the way out of the station which closely followed by the other three. Their manager next to them was occupied with phone calls. 

 

"Jagiya, are you okay?"

 

Ningning smiled as the leader slowed her pace to match hers. She love it when she does that. And that scent. Oh. "Yeah I'm okay."

 

"Good." Karina smiled while slowly sneaking her left hand inside Ningning's jeans back pocket.

 

"Unnie."

 

"What?" Karina smirked.

 

Ningning frowned. She always teases me. Always try to mess with me. Well not today. The chinese girl brazen herself to also hiding her right hand inside Karina's back pocket. 

 

What's this? Why is it so soft and warm.

 

The manager cleared . "Okay girls, ready for camera."

 

"Oh? Oh."

 

Both Karina and Ningning quickly distance themselves. Flustered by what just happened. But they couldn't comprehend much because the next thing happened was the reporters calling their name.

 

"Karina, Winter please look at here!" Click.

 

"Giselle please wave here!" Click.

 

"Ningning you look so pretty!" Click.

 

 It's like a frenzy of flashing cameras and enthusiastic reporters all vying for the perfect shot of the celebrities. The air is filled with excitement and anticipation as the celebrities strike poses and the reporters scramble to capture those candid moments. Everyone trying to get the best angle and the most captivating shot. 

 

That's when Ningning noticed Karina's arm around Winter's waist.

 

That again.

 

------------------

 

"Who wants to come with me to buy the groceries?" The manager asked. She's been living with them for a while now so sometimes -they'd do this little hangout session to bond their relationship. The girls were excited to follow along -already thinking about what to buy. Except

 

"I don't think I'll join, unnie-deul. You girls go have fun." Ningning politely declined the offer.

 

Giselle questioned. "Are you going somewhere today?"

 

"No, unnie. I'll just go back to the dorm and rest. Plus it's not-" Her sentence got stuck in when she felt a tender palm on her forehead. "..that serious."

 

"Are you sick?" Karina's voice came out concerned and alarming.

 

"N-no. I'm just...a little bit tired. That's all." Ningning slightly turned her head to remove the leader's hand from touching her. 

 

"Okay, Ningning. You can follow Juhyun unnie. She will drop you off at the dorm. See you later, okay?" Getting nods from the latter. The manager proceeds to lead the other to get into the van. "Come on, girls."

 

Karina watched as Ningning went to the other vehicle. "Is she really okay?"

 

-----------------

 

Ningning laid on her bed -playing with her phone, but her mind is racing with thoughts. Leaving Harbin was really a big decision to take. She's overthinking and analyzing every little thing, scrolling through social media and comparing herself to others, wondering if she's making the right choices in life. It's like a tug-of-war between relaxation and anxiety, as she tries to find solace in her phone while her thoughts keep swirling around. 

 

When the other members were swamped contemplating wether to buy pork-ribs or pizza -there's this girl who's been scrolling through social media on her cozy queen-sized bed. Suddenly, she comes across a post of a very familiar face with someone also she have known quite well.

 

"Winrina." mumbled Ningning.

 

They look really happy together, and to make matters worse, other people are showering them with compliments. She can't help but feel a pang of jealousy creeping in. It's like a mix of insecurity and fear of losing her leader's affection. Seeing others fawning over them intensifies those feelings even more. 

 

"Ah. Why would I care?" 

 

She pulled the blanket then tried to take a nap. That would be better than watching all of those cringey, lovey-dovey rumour post of her roommate.

 

----------------

 

"We're home~" The girls excitedly entered the house.

 

Winter and Giselle race to the kitchen while the leader walk down the hall to her room.

 

Knock Knock.

 

"Ning-ah. Let's eat together." Karina peek through the door.

 

"It's okay. Unnie-deul can eat first. I'm not that hungry."

 

Karina furrowed her brows. She doesn't feel right with this treatment. "Ning Yizhou. Is there something wrong?" She sat by the edge of the bed.

 

Ningning turned to the wolf-cut haired girl. "No. I just dont feel like eating."

 

"You haven't eat anything yet. What do you mean?" Slowly, she slipped her hand inside Ningning's top and placed it onto the girl's bare stomach.

 

The latter was caught off guard by the cold hand but

 

 

PRRRRRGGGRRR

 

 

A long growl from Ningning's stomach filled the awkward silence in that room. A sheepish chuckle escaped Ningning's lips. "Okay fine. Maybe I am a bit hungry."

 

"A bit huh" Karina smiled. "Like I don't know you. Come. We bought Samgyeopsal." She took out her hand and palmed Ningning's blushing cheek. If only her ears can cought the soft whine from the younger. "Your favourite."

 

"Really?" 

 

Oh how Karina adored that cute face of hers when she mentioned food. She then took Ningning's hand in hers then walked to the dining area together.

 

 "Oh Ningning-ah, how are you feeling?"

 

Karina let go of her hand then took a seat, as well as Ningning herself.

 

"I feel better, Unnie." Ningning replied to the manager infront of her. 

 

"Jimin was so worried about you, you know? She can't stay still." Giselle who is sitting on the other side of Karina voiced up. Teasing the leader.

 

"What are you saying?" Karina mumbled while secretly hitting Giselle with her elbow.

 

"Okay okay enough. Let's eat~" Winter interrupts.

 

All of them continue to eat, talking, catching up. Sharing their food together was normal. It's what they have been doing since trainee days.

 

"Thanks." Ningning said when Karina place the samygyeopsal plate infront of her -to make it easier for her to take. Or when the leader put a beef onto her spoon. Or even when the leader pat her back when she laughed too hard and almost choked.

 

All of these she-felt-special-treatments really did something to her heart. It's affecting her -she knows it. 

 

Then her eyes landed on the beef Karina put into Winter's bowl. Same goes to Giselle. Of course. It's Karina. She takes good care of ALL of the members. Who is she to think that she's special? Karina treats everyone as 'special'.

 

The previous '

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter