Final

Cushion War
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sprawled on the living room couch, frustration brewing within me like a storm on the verge of erupting. Time dragged on, and my impatience transformed the once-cozy room into a battlefield of simmering discontent.

 

"How can he be so oblivious? After all these years, he can't even notice a simple thing," I muttered, pacing the room. "Maybe I should stage a silent protest, pretend he doesn't exist for a week. That ought to teach him a lesson."

 

The passcode beeped, announcing Johnny's arrival, and I clenched my fists, ready for the grand confrontation I had meticulously planned. The door creaked open, and in a burst of frustration, I grabbed the nearest cushion, my thoughts a whirlwind of annoyance.

 

"Alright, here we go," I muttered under my breath, a tempest of emotions swirling within me. The door opened wider, revealing Johnny about to walk into the storm.

 

"Is this a surprise party or something?" he asked, dodging the cushion I flung at him.

 

I shot him a glare. "How dare you waltz in here like nothing's happened?"

 

Johnny, baffled, asked, "What's going on?"

 

"Oh, now you want to know what happened?" I scoffed, grabbing another cushion. "You don't really care about me, do you?"

 

He caught the cushion I threw with a casual ease. "Of course, I care. But a little context might help."

 

As I reached for something else to throw, Johnny moved swiftly, catching my hand in mid-air. I struggled to break free, shooting him another glare. "Let me go! Who do you think you are?"

 

Johnny, with a playful smirk, responded, "I'm your husband. Now, would you care to explain why you're staging a full-blown cushion rebellion?"

 

"Shouldn't you already know?" I retorted, attempting to wriggle free from his grasp.

 

Johnny, unfazed, pulled me to sit on the couch. "Why don't you enlighten me? What's going on?"

 

I crossed my arms, still fuming. "I sent you a picture of me. I've been dropping hints all day. You should have noticed."

 

He raised an eyebrow. "Hints? I'm not a mind reader, you know."

 

In frustration, I grabbed another cushion and swung it at Johnny. He dodged it with a grin. "Easy there! Are you trying to start a cushion war?"

 

"Maybe I am! You need to pay more attention," I retorted.

 

Johnny, catching the cushion I threw, smirked. "Noted. Can w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter