fin.

Dreams
Please log in to read the full chapter

"What are you doing here?"

Both Serena and Melanie asked one another upon stumbling across the other in the Dream Realm.

"This is my dream."

They answered in unison as they eyed their surroundings which was a combination of both of theirs.

"This is what you dream about?" Melanie asked, suppressing a laugh.

"Do you really wanna be one of those magical anime characters so bad?"

Serena scowled.

"No. That just happens to be a part of my life."

"Right."

Melanie laughed as she witnessed her sister's appearance change without Serena knowing and decided to about it.

"Y'know, blonde hair is a good look on you, especially with the whole Sailor Moon hairstyle, too."

"What?"

Serena got her answer when she noticed blonde locks in her peripheral view. She glanced down at her attire and noticed she was dressed as a Sailor Soldier, but that as Sailor Moon. She sighed as her sister chuckled.

"I always knew you wanted to be her so bad, Rena."

"Shut up."

Serena glared at Melanie, but her expression shifted to cast her with an amused look.

"Did you always want to join Miss Universe?"

"What?"

Now it was Melanie's turn to be confused as she glanced down at her attire.

"Wow."

She wore a burgundy satin flowy gown as a glittering silvery white sash with 'LANHOM' written in black settled over her right shoulder.

"Not really, but I always loved watching the dress part though. Nice."

Unlike Serena, Melanie admired herself while twirling and displaying herself happily in front of her sister while her long black hair styled prettily flowed beautifully.

"Do you think I would've made it in the top ten?" Melanie asked, posing for Serena.

"Hmm, yeah, I think so, but who knows since I feel like it's rigged though."

Melanie laughed.

"Yeah, I think so, too."

"Anyway, Mel, why a red dress instead of blue? I thought you hated red."

"I do, but red clothing always looks good on me from what others tell me."

"Oh, true."

"Anyway, the dress is more burgundy than red."

"Same difference." 

Serena rolled her eyes as she looked around them again.

"Still, I wondered why we're here together with our meshed dream worlds since this is the first time it happened."

"Hmm, true. Like, you always talk about your dream adventures and I never really had one with you in it or something like this either."

"Yeah, but I wondered why it's like this all of a sudden."

"Mmhmm."

Melanie glanced around their surroundings and spotted a man in the distance, noticing his attire looking quite familiar.

"Hey, is that your Tuxedo Mask person over there?"

"Hmm?"

Serena glanced to where Melanie pointed to as said Tuxedo Mask person headed in their direction before facing her sister.

"Bro. That is not my person, but that better be just an N-P-C because I don't have time to profess Sailor Moon's love to him either."

"What's an N-P-C?" Melanie asked, sheepishly chuckling.

"it means, Non-playable Character."

"Oh. I still don't get it."

"It just meant that they're just a filler character to help the main character like when you play Pokemon and there's a lot of characters you can talk to or they challenge you to a Pokemon battle."

"Oh, okay. Got it."

"Mmhmm."

However, Serena noticed another man in the distance. He was well-dressed from head to toe, also heading towards the pair.

"Um, do you have a Dream Man you wish to meet or something?" Serena asked her sister.

Melanie shrugged.

"Not really, but I do have an ideal type though."

"Oh, I see. Well, I think he's on his way to you, too."

"What?"

Melanie casually glanced over her shoulder to see said man, walking towards them. At first she couldn't make out who the person could be, but then her demeanor shifted, recognizing him instantly. She faced her sister, panicked.

"Oh, . I need to hide."

"Why?"

"I just do. Help me hide."

Serena watched her sister, amused.

"Is he a crush of yours?"

"Not really."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"I don't believe you."

"I don't care that you don't believe me."

"Anyway, who is he?"

"Just someone that's one of the campus' heartthrobs."

"One of them? So there's more."

"Yes. Him, his friends, and like several others." Melanie explained, giving up on hiding.

"They even got their own fanclub in school."

"That's crazy. Wait, do I know him? How come I haven't heard about this?"

"It is and I dunno if you do or not. Anyway, it's because you don't have time for stuff like this. That's why."

"Okay, true."

Still, Serena wanted to sister.

"Hmm, if you have an ideal type, Mel, then doesn't that mean that this campus heartthrob is close to being the person that fits your criteria the most."

"Shut up and he does not."

"Nah, I won't. This guy is basically your Dream Guy for sure."

"I don't make fun of you about your Dream Boyfriend."

"Yes, you do and he isn't even my boyfriend."

"Okay, okay. I get it. I'll take it back now."

"No can do. What's done is done and it's your turn now to get made fun of."

"Stop. It's not like that. My situation isn't like yours. You and that Dream Boyfriend meet a lot and hang out. Y'all even went on a date and all that."

"That means nothing."

"Yeah, okay, but like I mean, I do admire him and he's a very nice guy when we have conversations, but we don't really associate with one another at school and even outside of it."

"Because of the fanclub?"

"A majority of the time, yes, but he has a girlfriend."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Are you sure it's a girlfriend though?"

"It has to be with how the fanclub adores her and she's everywhere wherever he is."

"What if she's just the president of the club and stalks him like in one of those stories and television series."

"Hmm, yeah, that's highly possible, too. However, I don't wanna get involved with that."

"Neither of us do."

"Nah for real."

The sisters share a laugh, however, while the two were too busy talking, the two men came up to them with one of them interjecting into their conversation.

"Do either of you know what's going on?"

The person that had asked the question wasn't the one dressed as Tuxedo Mask. Serena instantly recognized him as Jake. Of course he would be dressed as someone connected with her and a part of all of this, too. Encountering Jake in the Dream Realm was becoming much more annoying than ever. She glanced over at the other guy and recognized him as Jake's friend, Sunghoon. Now, it clicked that these two along with their other friends were the heartthrobs of their university campus, Central Nizho University. However, Serena quickly wished for the two not to recognize Melanie as to protect her sister just in case they remembered this in the real world.

"No." Serena answered, shooting Melanie a glance to indicate for her to keep calm.

"We have no idea either."

Serena wanted less engagement with the four of them here as she's always experienced how much she's had with Jake since their first encounter.

"Well, it has to be something in relation to one another since we're all matching in a way." Sunghoon commented, pointing between himself and Melanie as well as between Jake and Serena.

"Although, I have this nagging feeling that I know you though from some other way."

Sunghoon's eyes shifted over to Melanie as she shot him a small smile, shrugging.

"Yeah, I don't know."

"Okay, but I feel like I've seen you at that one Halloween event though."

Sunghoon directed his attention to Serena.

"You were with another person dressed in a similar costume, but she wore mainly orange though."

Shoot. Serena recalled the event as it was work related and the other person was her and Melanie's friend, Kierra, dressed as Sailor Venus. Still, Serena played it off like her sister.

Please log in to read the full chapter