𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟧

𝐻𝒾𝒹𝒹𝑒𝓃 𝒯𝓇𝓊𝓉𝒽𝓈 𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝒮𝑜𝓊𝓁 𝒮𝒽𝒾𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓈

Rae-Won

I was lining the tables with the other maids when I felt a shift in the atmosphere. I could feel a presence that wasn't welcoming. The royal family was coming in and my eyes immediately locked with the Queen. Something was extremely off about her. She looked at me and smiled. That sent chills down my spine. She was a soul shifter but she was something much stronger than that. I know for a fact she did sorcery because her hands was covered in black smudge. It wasn't visible to the human eye so that caused no alert to the guards.

Maidservant Kim told me to go and get the hot water for the tea. As I walked into the hall Jang Uk was coming inside. I quickly turned into a near bye room and slid the door closed. I waited for him to walk bye and I continued to the fire pit that had all the pots full of hot water. 

"You're avoiding me I see" he said.

I sighed in annoyance.

"I'm leaving to night" I said.

He looked confused at what I said.

"Why" he asked me. 

"I have to get back to my mother and make sure she is safe" I said.

"She is" he said,

"And how would you know that" I questioned.

"I sent some of my best swordsman to find her and tell her that you're here" he said.

"Thank you but I don't want to stay here" I said.

He walked closer over to me.

"You're my master I mean you can't just leave like that" he said.

"I never agreed to be your master and I don't know how to control the gifts that I have" I said.

"We can learn together" he said.

"I have to go" I said as I grabbed the pot and walked back to the gathering room.

When the Queen saw me again she called me something that I would have never thought I would hear EVER in my life. 혼혈 (hon-hyeol / alien-half blood). Everyone in the room gasp at what she said. I didn't let it get to me because I knew where I stood and I couldn't retaliate against her. So I walked over to her, bowed and asked what I could do for her.

She asked me what I was doing in the house. I told her that I was Jank Uk's maid. She called Maidservant Kim and asked her if that was true. She said it was and Jank Uk told her the same thing. I was fuming at this point because I knew I couldn't do anything about it. I mean she was the Queen and I wanted to be there for my mother.

I was asked to leave the gathering room and go fix Jang Uk's bath water.  I was glad to leave because I didn't want to do something that I was going to regret. As I walked away I let out the breath that I was holding and wiped away the tears that I refused to let fall. 

Night was begining to fall and I wanted to get things done as quickly as possible.

"You okay"

"Yes"

"Should we go and off her head"

"No lets just get out of here"

I just couldn't believe that I had another person in my body. I mean we both share the same body, which menas that I could hear her talking and I could feel what she feel. I also share her memories. When I made it to the well I sighed and shook my head. This was the last straw for me. I wanted to go back home and be with my mother. 

I heard chatter coming from the other side of the well. I saw my sister holding hands with a gentlemen. I did not expect to see her tonight. I hid behind the well and waited for them to continue where they were headed. Once the coast was clear I grabbed the bucket and filled it with water.

I heard my name being called. I looked up and saw my sister standing before me with I am suggesting is her husband. 

I didn't say anything I just looked at her.

She didn't look happy to see me. Not that I cared anyway. 

"What are you doing here" she asked.

"I work here" I said. 

"What do you mean you work here" she said as she crossed her arms.

"Cho Yeon what do you want" I asked.

"I just want to know why you are here" she responded.

"And I told you already" I said swiftly.

I picked up the bucket of water and walked toward Jang Uk's bathhouse. Of course she followed me shouting. 

"What do you want?!" I shouted back.

I put down the bucket of water before I was tempted to throw it on her.

"Why are you here and where is mother" she said.

"None of your business and she is fine" I said.

"I demand an answer" she said.

"I don't have to tell you anything now leave me alone" I replied.

"Hey did you forget who's older here. I am older than you and you should show me some respect" she said as she pushed me. 

I was about to hit her when some one caught my hand. It was Jang Uk. Of course he's around when trouble is present.
 

He shook his head at me.

"Why are you here with her" she asked him.

He stepped in front of me.

"Cho Yeon what's the problem" he asked her.

"This is a family issue so you don't need to get involved with any of this" she said.

He looked at me and back at her.

"This is your sister" he asked me.

"Yes" I said quietly.

"Why didn't you tell me" he said.

"Why do you care? I don't even know you. I don't have to tell you anything" I said.

"I don't have to explain anything to any of you!" I shouted.

People were starting to gather outside. I was trying so hard to leave when Cho Yeon attacked me. She could never fight because she was too busy trying to get married. I guess her wish came true because she .

I didn't even hit her hard.

I hit her hard enough to let her know that I wasn't playing around. She grabbed one of the guards swords and swung it at me. I was well trained so I knew how to manuver and not get cut. I grabbed the other guards sword and we went at it. 

She would always do this to me when she didn't get what she wanted. As we fought she was able to access the gate of energy and use it against me. Seems like she did master something after all. Her husband was trying to get her to stop. 

I allowed Naksu to take over for a minute and things got intense. To be honest with you Cho Yeon kept up. Be she was no match for the skill Naksu had. They were able to seperate us. After I took back over the only thing I could feel was pain. I guess my body wasn't used to the power Naksu had. My nose started bleeding and I got a withering headache.

Jang Uk just had to be captain save em because he scooped me up like I was helpless and took me to the infirmory. I told him multiple times that I could go myself but he just didn't want to let me down.

The doctor checked me out and told me that I was fine. I just needed rest and I would be good as new tomorrow. I was walking to the maids room when Jang Uk stopped me. 

"What do you want" I said out of frustration.

"I just want to make sure that you was okay" he said.

"I'm fine" I said.

"Are you really" he continued.

"What do you want from me" I asked him.

"I told you to be my teacher" he said.

"Find somebody else" I said as I walked away from him.

It kind of hurt my feelings that my sister would actually try and hurt me. All I ever wanted was to have a relationship with her and be her partner in crime. I guess she didn't want that. Tears began to form in my eyes. I always felt alone, I don't know what it feels like to have a sibling and I have a sibling. She would always put me down and tell me that mom kept me out of pity because no one would want me.

She always had her opinions but I didn't let that get to me because I always told myself that no matter what I would always love her.
 

This time it was a different type of hurt. She really tired to kill me. She wanted me to be gone so bad and I didn't understand why. I let the tears fall this time because this was going to be the final and last time that I would shed tears for her. 

Once I reached the maids room I laid down. I didn't have the energy to face anyone. I heard the door slide back and entered the one and only Jang Uk. Thank goodness the other maids hadn't made it yet.

I groaned so loudly because he really couldn't take no for answer. He brought me some food and hot tea. I sat up and got comfortable. He set the tray down in front of me and sat down beside me.

He looked at me. You could hear a bug sing it was so quiet. 

I couldn't help but chuckle because he really was determined. I gave in because I didn't feel like arguing with him. 

"You just won't give up will you" I said to him.

He gave me a toothy smile and poured me some tea. I said thank you and sipped it. It was very warming to my body. 

"So why didn't you marry Cho Yeon" I asked him.

"How did you know, I was supposed to marrying her" he asked.

"She can't hold water which means she doesn't know when to be quiet" I said. 
 

He let out a small chuckle.

"She really wasn't feeling me. I found out that if she got married then she would be the next heir for her mothers fortune" he said.

"Her mother's fortune? What fortune" I asked curiously.

"That's what she has always said. Her mother was rich and she be the soul heir to the fortune" he replied. 
 

"We have the same mother....there is no fortune" I said. 
 

I was really confused because what the hell was he talking about. There is no fortune in my family....

Unless....

I'm gonna need answers like yesterday. That just doesn't sound right to me. 

But leave it up to Cho Yeon, conniving little witch only cared for herself.

I tried not to show my mixed emotions but I was really bothered by the Queen.

"I think the Queen isn't the Queen" I said to him.

"What do you mean" he asked.

"When she first came in I made eye contact with her and she smiled at me. It gave me a strange feeling" I said.

"You think she's a soul shifter" he asked.

"I do. I could feel the energy radiating off her. I mean it was very intense" I said.

"That's a big accusation to make" he said.

"I know" I said.

I thanked him for the food and told him to meet me behind the brothel in the morning. After he left I laid down and tried to rest my aching body. Before I meet him I am going to see my mother tomorrow.

I need to know about this invisible fortune Cho Yeon bragging about. If it exist then expect some havoc because I'm going to be the one causing it.