Estranghero

Koi No Yokan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Koi No Yokan

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction, please separate this AU/Fanfic from reality. Please do not repost, copy, or plagiarize.

Note/s: Hello, I apologize for any grammatical errors or whatnots, I’m still trying to get back on writing. Thank you, enjoy.

 

 

Estranghero

 

 

It’s past nine in the morning and the breeze in Vancouver is chilly—though the direct sunlight passing through the tinted window is warming up Jimin nicely, keeping it balanced just like the Autumn back home that she is suddenly reminded of. She suddenly remembers that they’ve been overseas for almost two months already, she’s both amazed—that they were able to push through this NA tour—and excited to come back home after they wrap up the tour with their last two stops; which are Vancouver and Toronto.

 

Jimin’s mind has already been planning their—her only—day off for this stop. From when they were seated in the airplane miles high from the ground, up to when they lined up for the immigration upon their arrival, to when they finally got inside their van. Jimin already has a map drawn inside her head on how she’ll spend this day.

 

And it goes like this; she’ll get a few hours of sleep, and then spend the rest of the day roaming around. It’s just that simple.



 

Wendy; their resident song producer-slash-vocal coach — who surprisingly has joined them (though it does make sense since the woman spent half her life in this country); has been talking – recommending places and restaurants that are popular for the tourists in the city that they could probably visit in their short-free time.

 

Natigil lamang sa pag d-daydream si Jimin when their black Mercedes-Benz van stopped when the traffic lights turned red.



 

“Parang gusto ko puntahan ‘yung Capillano bridge ba ‘yon?” Suggestion ni Ningning, one of her members—the youngest and the main vocal in their group—or trio, called SYNK.

 

Lumingon sa kaniya si Ningning at Wendy; who’s sitting sa harap nya. Giselle, her other member who’s sitting beside her sa likod—SYNK’s main rapper—also looked at her, waiting for their leader’s answer.

 

“G lang, basta buhatin nyo ko papunta at pabalik pag nahimatay ako.”

 

Umirap si Giselle with a chuckle, habang si Ningning naman ay tawang-tawa sa kaniya. 

 

The vehicle moved again and Jimin busied her eyes on the road while listening sa conversation ng mga kasama nya. Seulgi a.k.a SYNK’S manager; who’s sitting beside the driver, had also chimed in, reminding them of their schedules, protocols, and what-nots.

 

“Sorry Ning, but I don’t think papayagan tayo ng management sa request mo. You girls can roam around the city pa din naman, but I’m pretty sure going to a tourist spot would be rejected by the higher-ups.” malambing ang tono ni Seulgi, kaya kahit disappointed sila ay hindi nila magawang magtampo.

 

Ningning would still negotiate though, or so Jimin thought. One glance and Jimin knew she was right. Ninging extended an arm to Wendy, na-i-imagine ni Karina ang puppy eyes ng ka-grupo sa kanilang producer. Even Giselle leaned in, pouting.

 

Jimin giggled at the sight, mabilis silang nilingon ni Seulgi dahil dito, Jimin would manager about such senses, calling it spidey senses. “Wan, don’t.” saway ni Seulgi.

 

“Huy, nananahimik ako dito? ‘Tong mga alaga mo ang nagpapa-cute!” Wendy definitely sounded defensive, which earned soft laughs inside the vehicle. Madalas kasi sakanya lumalapit ang tatlo whenever Seulgi would say no to their requests.

 

Which mostly included ‘violating’ their company’s rules. (Hint: creating their personal private social media accounts, lots of sneaking at midnight to eat junk foods, or well, just roam around for a breather, or leaking pieces of information about their future and group activities to their fans without the management’s approval.)



 

Luckily, both Seulgi and Wendy are kind and patient. Almost spoiling the three of them with every chance they can, kahit pa minsan ay na-t-trouble na ang mag best friend. Still, it didn’t change the fact that both Seulgi and Wendy look after them in every way they can — knowing that their line of work is already stressful and hectic as it is. Understanding that they’re still humans, who sacrificed their childhood to get to where they are now.

 

One could say and argue with at least a ten-page essay that SYNK is a group of professionals when needed (which is most of the time), but it’s hard not to miss the peace of being a normal person – living their own life without having to worry about what others would say—or think—about them. Jimin knows, she knows that while the three of them wholeheartedly wanted this kind of work (they’ve dreamed of being in this industry, and have been enjoying and loving their craft), sometimes they still miss being themselves. They still miss being able to indulge in their own personal bubble, the plain enjoyment of things they think they would normally enjoy, had they not been an idol.

 

It’s hard to be ‘just’ themselves when the public’s attention is on them 24/7.



 

(Well, maybe less of that for Jimin. Since she’s been in the spotlight even before she was born, given her parents were both famous and beloved actors in their prime.)

 

(Still, Jimin longs for the serenity of just enjoying the most mundane things.)



 

“Can we at least have bubble tea?” Giselle asked in a sweet tone, mabilis na sumang-ayon sa kanya si Ningning.

 

Again, lumingon kay Jimin ang kanyang mga member, pati na rin ang dalawang mas nakakatanda.

 

“Eh? Hindi ako nagtitinda ng bubble tea.”

 

Naramdaman nya ang mahinang hampas ni Giselle sa kanyang braso.

 

Muli silang nilingon ng kanilang manager, before suggesting a plan that she thought would work for all of them. “Okay sige, ganito na lang, why don’t we drop our stuff muna sa hotel, and then we can head out again and have some free time for ourselves?”

 

“Ay gusto ko ‘yan, hanapin ko na lang muna sarili ko sa streets ng Vancouver.” pumalakpak si Karina, her grin grew wider nang humaglpak ulit ng tawa si Ningning, her laugh really is contagious.

 

Bentang benta talaga sa kanilang bunso ang mga joke nya.

 

“Loka loka, anyway, each one of you must have a bodyguard, no buts, okay?” Seulgi said with finality. These situations really show na kahit super chill at laid back ng kanilang manager most of the time, she shows this strict side of her pag dating sa kanilang safety.

 

“Yes po, boss, manager, amo.” Sagot ng tatlo in unison, with Karina even saluting sa kanilang manager.

 

“Lalo ka na Karina, you know how people who claim to be your fans are the first to stir up rumours whenever they see you in public. Be careful, okay?”

 

Napasandal si Karina sa kanyang upuan with a cute pout, Giselle turned and reached for Karina, she tapped her leg, offering a comforting smile. Sa utak ni Jimin, inisa-isa nya na lahat ng rumours at scandals na nakakabit sa pangalan nya in a span of three weeks after their debut. Until now, though for Jimin, it just gets pettier as they reach their two-year anniversary as a group.

 

“Eh akala ko ba mababait Canadians?” sabat naman ni Ningning, she was looking at Wendy intently.

 

“Bakit parang kasalanan ko?”

 

The response got a chuckle from Karina again, isinantabi nya muna ang worries and weight of being a K-idol being in a public space.

 

 

 

After arranging their rooms, the group and their staff had an hour to freshen up before heading back out again for lunch, and well, to get bubble tea as per Ningning’s request (backed up by her fellow members). The trio should’ve expected this. Kahit si Seulgi at Wendy, they should’ve known na hindi basta basta ang mga alaga nila. They’ve been called and claimed a global phenomenon for a reason.

 

Still, having a sea of people swarming the trio in a Western country is really overwhelming even for the manager and producer. How their fans were still able to recognize them even with a mask and cap on is unreal.

 

The trio sticks together as much as possible, smiling and waving to their fans and the cameras surrounding them as they try to make their way inside the bubble tea shop.



 

“Karina, what are we?”

“Gigi, please look here!”

“Ningning, omygosh, you’re so cute.”

“Holy cow, SYNK is real.”

 

Jimin smiles at a girl, probably in her teens, who’s been struggling to hand a plushie to her. She lightly tapped her assigned bodyguard, pointing at the cute crocodile plushie. Agad naman syang naintindihan ng bodyguard at inabot ito para sa kaniya.

 

Jimin grinned when the girl shrieked, her fangirl meter had started maxing up.

 

“They’re so pretty, what the heck.”

“Omygosh, I think Karina just smiled at me.”

“Gigi, please just one chance”

“Ningning you can definitely step on me.”

 

Jimin heard their youngest chuckle on that one. At this point they are definitely used to sudden and random confessions from fans (and sometimes from other idols), nevertheless, it is solid proof that they are this well-known and liked by many.

 

It flutters their heart in the most positive way one could imagine, because yes, while there’s a downside to being an idol, the love and recognition they receive in return definitely makes up for everything else. Their hard work is being returned in the most flattering way possible.



 

Ningning linked her arms with Jimin, smiling and waving. Discreetly, binulungan nya ang leader.

 

“Teh, cute nung fansite mo na ‘yon.” Ningning even pointed at the long-haired girl who’s hustling taking photos of their leader, ignoring the collective shrieks and gasps from their fans.

 

One thing Karina knows too well by now is that Ningning wouldn’t be discreet when it comes to situations like this. At mukhang narinig sya ng manager nila dahil lumingon ito sakanila. Giselle was walking ahead of them, busy greeting their fans and accepting the gifts and letters the fans offered as much as she could.

 

“Bet mo ba?” bulong muli ni Ningning, it was a bit hard to hear dahil sa commotion, but Jimin had spotted the fansite na tinuro ni Ningning seconds ago. The fansite is already familiar to her, she’s been present at almost every stop they had in the US. She slightly nudged the younger while chuckling.

 

Na-i-imagine na nya ang mga previews at tags na magkakalat na naman sa social media.

 

“Baliw.” Jimin only responded though she maintained eye contact with the fan site, smiling sweetly at her camera.

 

Kahit na two–turning three–year old group pa lang sila ay familiar na sa kanila ang mga fansites nila. The trio sometimes had a competition against each other—paramihan ng ma-i-spot na fansite during a concert.

 

Giselle won by one, Jimin came second, and Ningning last (because she’s often distracted by the things their fans would scream).

 

“Ikaw bading.” rebutt ni Ningning, she just caught her leader flirting with one of her many fansites.

 

(The number of jealous tweets is waving.)



 

When they finally got inside the shop, si Seulgi at Wendy na ang pumunta sa counter to place their orders while the three sat on the vacant seats. Some of their fans were hanging outside the shop, taking videos and photos of their idols casually hanging out together.

 

“May nakita akong pastry shop, puntahan ko mamaya.” Ningning said, inilabas nya ang kanyang smartphone, opening the camera and starts taking photos of the interior.

 

They were in awe dahil sa aesthetics ng bubble tea shop, it even had a spot to take instagrammable photos. The two followed suit until they eventually started taking photos of one another. Then they conversed and showed each other the letters and gifts they received from their fans. Pa-minsan minsan ay kakaway sila sa labas to acknowledge their fans trying to get their attention.

 

When their manager and producer arrived, muli silang ni-remind ni Seulgi of their security protocols, like anong oras sila uuwi, to stay with their assigned bodyguards at all times, and to contact either her or Wendy immediately, in case something happens—all the while they savour their drinks.

 

Jimin took the time to inform her members and her manager that she’d like to get some sleep first, and would go out at a later time. (No later than midnight though.) Pinayagan naman sya, thankfully.



Please Subscribe to read the full chapter