entropy.

singularity
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was the 21st of February when the rapture had happened.

 

A bright, blinding streak soared across the night skies, slicing the night into two. The world was flashed with light in a split second, then everyone went out to witness a sudden phenomenon unraveling before them.

 

The highways of Seoul had never been this crowded before. For some reason, there was something missing along the lines, and yet none of them could point out what that certain thing was.

 

At that moment, all they knew was everyone came together to witness an asteroid break apart as it entered the atmosphere. One turned endless, drawing streaks of fire across the night skies. They all cried and wailed, watching helplessly the end of humanity.

 

At the same time, Wheein had just finished her presentation slides for tomorrow. She placed down her headphones, went down to the living room, and got confused about why her mom wasn’t there. A commotion outside their home caught her attention.

 

Going outside past their open gate, a rushing figure suddenly ran across before her. Long raven locks, large strides, and tears on cheeks— for a moment, Wheein frowned to the sight of the girl.

 

I had never seen this girl around the neighborhood before.

 

Yet the feeling of familiarity was blooming in her chest, heartbeat picking up its pace to the point where it was even more confusing than the collective cries and wails that she was witnessing right now in her neighborhood. Her feet moved on their own, following the rushing girl. Something was compelling her to follow, the forgotten pain of her ankle injury was now coming back in full force.

 

“Wait!” Wheein exclaimed, making the girl halt on her tracks. She had now caught up, leaning on the wall to catch her breath.

 

The girl did not speak nor face her. She only stood still as if time had stopped.

 

Wheein was about to ask a question, but her lips uttered something that wasn’t in her mind. “Yongsun. Please don't leave me.” She swore to herself that this was insanity. She was saying things that didn’t make sense. She was getting agitated—

 

“Wheein,” The girl said. “How could I ever deserve you…” Her arm moved to wipe away her tears, but she still didn’t turn around to face her.

Please log in to read the full chapter