fin.

Perhaps
Please log in to read the full chapter

Melanie was on her way to her next class when she spotted the back of a familiar figure in the distance. Or so she had thought. Still, Melanie rushed towards her supposed friend and smacked him in the back of his hoodie covered head with a laugh. 

"You dumb brat! That's for stealing my fish pastries this morning!"

Melanie faced the male as she walked backwards, but her face fell upon seeing a different person than her friend although she knew who this guy was.

"Oh, . Sorry, Sunghoon."

She couldn't believe that she had mistaken the school's campus heartthrob and Ice Prince, Park Sunghoon, as one of her friends, Nishimura Riki, also known as Ni-Ki. Then again, Sunghoon wore the same grey hoodie that she's seen Ni-Ki wear before and were similar in height, too. However, Melanie quickly recalled Ni-Ki being a little bit taller than Sunghoon and a friend of his, too, and in a sense making him a mutual friend of hers of sorts. They hung out whenever their friends did, but she never really hung out with the guy alone. Anyway, this was gonna be an awkward story to explain if it ever came up, but for now she would rather not discuss anything.

"Again, Sunghoon, I'm really sorry. I thought you were Ni-Ki." Melanie apologized, feeling embarrassed about the situation.

"Anyway, bye."

Before Sunghoon could even respond, Melanie turned around and ran off to her next class while he stared after her retreating figure, puzzled at the reaction she had towards him. He's seen her around campus and hanging out with some of his friends, but Sunghoon's never really interacted with her either and only ever whenever their friends were together. Usually, others would swoon at the sight of him and try to get his attention, but not her even if it was just the two of them. Melanie treated him normally. It seemed refreshing, yet it slightly irked him for some reason. So, Sunghoon didn't know all that much about her except that she was a chill person and someone you could trust. He didn't ponder on it much when he heard his friends call his name and asked if he was ready for the party tonight.

"Hey, so apparently we're participating in a scavenger hunt tonight." Linna stated once she and Melanie returned to their shared dorm room with their other roommates and friends, Serena and Kierra.

"Why?" Kierra and Serena questioned, rising from their bed.

"Because it seems that the four of us are lacking in activity points." Melanie explained with a sigh, plopping herself onto her computer desk chair.

"And have to make up for it before the semester ends."

"For real?" The other duo chimed in disbelief.

"Mmhmm."

"Anyway, what do we have to do though?" Serena inquired as Kierra motioned for Linna to hand her the piece of paper.

"It shouldn't be that much, right?"

"Actually, it's not the stuff we gotta do, but which fraternity that it concerns." Linna clarified, suppressing a smile as she knew how the other two would react.

"Alpha Rho?" They exclaimed with a groan upon reading the name.

"Really?"

"Mmhmm."

"Is it because of your boyfriend?" Kierra countered as Linna rolled her eyes.

"No. Jinah just happened to assign us to them. Besides, Jay isn't my boyfriend."

"Aren't y'all dating?" Serena questioned a second later.

"Not really. We're just talking."

"Same difference."

"Whatever. Anyway, this isn't about me."

"Mmhmm." Melanie hummed in agreement as she suppressed a grin from forming.

"Y'all might see them compared to Linna seeing Jay."

"I don't care for Lee Heeseung."

"I don't care for Sim Jake."

Both Kierra and Serena remarked, respectively, making a face as Melanie smirked.

"I wasn't even talking about those two in particular."

Serena and Kierra scowled as Linna laughed.

"Anyway, it's gonna be difficult as they have a party going on tonight, too."

"That's actually easier though." Kierra reasoned, collecting her composure once again, as the other three looked at her.

"How?"

"We just mingle around, take the photo proof, and we're good at completing the scavenger hunt." She explained before shooting them a look.

"Besides, the ones that Melanie hinted at earlier are the ones that we're gonna actually see tonight and are friends with. So they can totally help us out and complete this in no time without us running into the other members."

"Psh, yeah right." Serena scoffed.

"I still owe Sunoo like two cafe hangouts, a t-shirt or hat for Jungwon, and I still need to treat Ni-Ki to like ten meals."

"That's your fault." The other three commented in unison with Linna speaking further.

"You're the one always asking for favors from them to make things easier for you when doing stuff."

"Yes, I know, but whatever."

"Girl, don't even worry about it." Kierra dismissed Serena's worries.

"Tonight will go by in a flash as long as we don't get disturbed by any of the others wanting to hookup or whatever."

"True." The others agreed.

"Anyway," Melanie looked at them.

"All we gotta do is just complete like five each and we're good for the year of our activities. Let's just pray we don't get roped into anything else tonight besides that."

"Shot!"

"Shot!"

"Shot!"

The party-goers chanted excitedly throughout the party as several people took shots with loud cheering from the onlookers. The university party was upbeat with everyone enjoying themselves. Hardly anyone paid attention to the four friends as they went about the area, completing their necessary scavenger hunt missions.

"Hey, so, we're done, right?" Kierra inquired once they took their final picture on Melanie's phone.

"Yes. Please, say we're done." Serena chimed in, already tired despite being here for just an hour.

"Yeah, we are." Melanie confirmed with a laugh while Linna gave the two a knowing look.

"Anyway, did y'all wanna hang out with your boyfriends?"

"He's not my boyfriend." 

Both Serena and Kierra denied with a scowl in unison while each gave a reason, respectively.

"He's so friendly with everyone that I don't think he saw us as being serious."

"He's nothing, but a flirt and plays too much."

However, Kierra and Serena Linna to now.

"Weren't you supposed to meet up with Jay after this?"

"Yeah, I remember y'all having a late night call last night."

Linna eyed Serena.

"You eavesdrop on my conversation?"

"No. I woke up, hearing you giggling like a lovesick girl and only assumed the reason could be because a particular person." Serena answered, chuckling.

"Whatever. Anyway, nah, I'm not gonna meet up with him anymore. I rather go home, eat, and sleep."

"True."

Before the friends could discuss on what to eat for dinner, they heard another voice interject into their conversation.

"Hey, are you wearing my hoodie?"

The quartet turned to look at their three male friends, Sunoo, Jungwon, and Ni-Ki. Sunoo was the one that had asked.

"Hey, that looks just like my hoodie. It is, isn't it?" Jungwon commented a second later.

"Did y'all raid our closets earlier?" Ni-Ki asked with an amused look.

"No." The quartet answered, lying.

"Anyway, let's play a game." Sunoo suggested.

"Serena owes me a game."

"I..." Serena began before running off, laughing.

"Yeah, me, too."

Kierra did the same as she giggled while doing so. The trio turned to face the other two as Linna and Melanie cast them with an amused look.

"No thanks."

The duo ran off, getting lost in the crowd as the trio looked at one another with a shake of their head as a ghost of a smile graced their lips. While running off, each one got separated from the others and Melanie ended up bumping into Sunghoon and dropping her phone in the process.

"Whoa there." Sunghoon said, as his arms wrapped themselves around Melanie after she ran into him while not paying attention to where she was going.

"Everything alright?"

Melanie gathered herself before nodding and looking around her, but at him. She also forgot about her phone at the moment as well.

"Yeah, yeah. Everything's fine."

She made to back away from the male, but Sunghoon kept his hold on her and her eyes shifted towards him curiously despite others being around.

"Um, you can let go now."

"Oh, right. Sorry."

Sunghoon immediately released his arms from around Melanie's body as the two backed away from each other at the same time.

"It's alright, but again, sorry for another incident today."

Sunghoon chuckled with a shake of his head.

"No, no, it's fine, Melanie. Don't worry about it."

Soon the duo heard Ni-Ki's voice nearing.

"Hey, Melanie. Let's just play one round."

"Um, sorry, but I gotta go. B

Please log in to read the full chapter