Chapter 1

Back In 2009
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun (13) 
Sana (14)
 "When we grow up, I promise that I will marry you," Dahyun says as she playfully salutes. 

"Do you want to marry me?" Dahyun asks Sana before giving a big smile to Sana, who only nods her head. Despite their age, Sana saw in Dahyun's eyes how genuine it is. 

"Of course, I will," Dahyun chuckles before inserting the gummy worm ring on the ring finger of Sana, letting out a loud laugh. For both of them, their voices were their peace. No thinking, just peace.
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sana gasps before opening her eyes, only to see the four corners of her room. Sana closes her eyes before resting her head on the headboard. 

"I can't get you off my mind," Sana mumbles as she dreams of Dahyun again, and it always happens that Sana doesn't even know. Sana lazily rubs her eyes before standing up. Sana is now an attorney. Achieving her dream is something she could brag about, now living in her luxurious home and everything she could buy, including living in the city along with a dog named Ahri. Despite her lifestyle, there is one thing that Sana can't do until now: get married or be in a relationship with someone. Many people try their luck to catch Sana's heart, only to face instant rejection. Also, Sana doesn't even know why. But even if Sana doesn't want to confess, there is a part of her waiting, maybe one day the girl who ghosted her 15 years ago will come back and fulfill her promise, or maybe not. 

'Dahyun,' it's not a rare nor common name, but it feels bittersweet for Sana to even say her name. 

"Ahri! Here is your breakfast," Sana's voice echoes in the living room as she calls her dog, a super fluffy white boy. Sana stares at the dog, who is munching his food, while Sana stirs her now cold coffee along with her toast bread. 

"I don't know why you're always popping up in my dreams. It's been years, just leave me alone." Not liking the atmosphere she felt, Sana decides to go to her work. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other part of Korea, three girls were staring at each other, hidden in the back of the café, with a pile of folders on their table.

“You are really working on that case, and after years, you finally got it,” Lisa says as she sips her drink, looking at Mina, who is busy munching her food.

“This case was so important to me. She was my very first friend.”

“Well, it seems success. After working on it for years, you got it. But the thing right now is, you need an attorney to prove this new evidence,” Jennie continues, pointing the knife to Lisa, who nods her head.

“Why not Kwon Eunbi? She was a great attorney who won 20 plus something cases. She wins many cases,” Lisa suggests, while Jennie nods her head to Mina, who shakes it.

“I only have one person in my mind, and I think she will be the one who can help me on this case,” Mina puts out the ID card of Sana, making the two raise their brows.

“Sana Minatozaki, as in the famous attorney who won the case two days ago against Jung?”

“DAMN, she got on television since she was facing a big person. But despite that, Sana wins. I mean, why Mina, why Sana? I don’t even think if she will accept right now.”

“She is connected to this person, and I know Sana will help us.”
----------------------------------- 
"Good Morning, Attorney Minatozaki," the guards welcome as Sana enters the company. She only nods before going to her o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter