The Movie

I Think I've Seen This Film Before
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin woke up from a trance when she heard murmurs and a couple of shouting, having no idea what's happening around her.
​​​​​


“Karina! Karina! Katarina Yu!” Someone's shaking her like crazy, it's making her dizzy even more. She tried to grab the arms of this person for her to stop but failed. Jimin felt weak, her knees numb and arms feeling wobbly.

 

“Karina, oh my gosh! Can someone make a call to the clinic?! What are you waiting for?! Go!”

 

The voice kept on shouting asking for help. Jimin is still puzzled, she can't see well and her eyes seem to be blocked by something red. It's sticky and it's dropping on her face.

 

“Karina, can you see me? Hey, can you please say something?”

 

The voice asked her shakily. She's confused though, the voice keeps on calling her Karina or whatsoever but that's not her name.

 

“W-w-who a-a-re you-u?” As if she was being devoid of her voice, she can't ask straight. She felt dry and sore.

 

“What?! Oh my god! If anything serious happens to Karina, I'll get back to you three times! Winter Kim and your underlings!” The voice shouted at the top of her lungs, anger evident in her voice.

 

After a couple of minutes, a girl in a nursing uniform emerged from the crowd. She instructed several students to put Karina on a stretcher as they proceeded to the clinic.

 

Jimin woke up from her slumber. She opened her eyes and was welcomed by the white ceiling. She adjusted her eyesight for a bit while looking anywhere.

 

She jolted up but became dizzy due to the suddenness of her action.

 

“Hey, you can't get up yet” That voice again. Just who is this girl? She thought to herself.

 

“Uhm, where am I?” She asked, glancing at her surroundings.

 

“The clinic?” The girl mirrored her confused face.

 

“Are you really okay? The nurse said so, but…” The girl gave her an overall look still confused about why she's acting this way.

 

“Am I?” Jimin answered the girl with another question.

 

“Girl, hello? Karina? Are you still there?”

 

“Karina? Just, who is that?”

 

“You?” At this point, they will never get into terms. They're answering each question with another question non-stop.

 

“Okay, wait. So you're telling me, my name's Karina? And we're here in the clinic?”

 

“Yes. You're Karina and we're here in the clinic because some dumb s caused you trouble.”

 

“Okay, who are you?”

 

The girl scoffed as if she's been offended by Jimin. She thought she made the wrong move.

 

“I'm Giselle! Your bestfriend!” The girl shouted back at her.

 

“You don't have to shout. Okay, so you're my bestfriend, chill” She said as she gestured Giselle to calm down.

 

“So, who's idea made me into this?” Jimin asked.

 

“Who else? Winter and her minions.”

 

Jimin stopped whatever she was doing when she heard the name. “Winter. Karina. Giselle. Don't tell me…?”

 

Giselle looked at her friend with pity. She's thinking about Winter and her minions really did something serious this time to the point her bestfriend’s not acting as her usual self.

 

“Is this the Winter I'm thinking about?” Jimin inquired.

 

“Huh? She's the only Winter I know of? Wait, please tell me the truth. Are you really okay?”

 

Giselle's too worried for her friend. The nurse told her it was a minor concussion but her bestfriend's behavior says there's something wrong.

 

Jimin, on the other hand, is busy thinking about her current situation. If she's Karina, her bestfriend is Giselle, her archenemy is Winter then…

 

She entered one of her favorite movies as the “MAIN CHARACTER?!”

 

Giselle was startled at her sudden outburst. “Girl! What the freak are you talking about?! Can you please calm down a little? You'll be the death of me Katarina Yu!”

 

Jimin just offered Giselle an apologetic smile, after all she can't trust herself to say anything. She decided to lie down and sleep a bit hoping it's all just a dream.

 

Jimin woke up hearing someone talking. She opened her eyes and was met by the most beautiful orbs she can't forget. She blinked her eyes three times before it finally sank in.

 

It's Minjeong! The student council's vice president Kim Minjeong. The popular and sophisticated Kim Minjeong. The Kim Minjeong she's been having a crush on for almost three years now!

 

Upon seeing Minjeong, Jimin sighs in relief. It was all a dream, thank goodness!

 

“Uhm. Your friend told me you're okay now but I just want to check up on you. I'm sorry about what happened too, Karina. It was an accident, really.”

 

“Oh it's ok-” Jimin stopped midway. “Karina?” She whispered to herself. “No no no no. This can't be.”

 

“Is everything okay?” Minjeong asked. Or so she thought it was Minjeong.

 

“You're Winter?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“You're not sure?”

 

“Ahem. Yes, I'm Winter.”

 

If this is her karma, Jimin thinks it's too much. As far as she can remember she's a good person, a good student, a good daughter. So, why does she need to suffer like this? Of all the people, why does her archenemy here in the film look like her crush?!

 

“Universe, why are you doing this to me!” Head hung low, she whispered this to herself.

 

“I'm really sorry. I'll take my leave now.” Winter took her leave giving one last glance to Jimin.

 

 

 

“Was that Winter?” Giselle asked as she put down their bags near Jimin.

 

“She said, she's Winter. So yeah.”

 

“What did she do? Did she mock you? Curse you? Hurt you?”

 

Giselle is worried again. Winter has been a walking trouble for Jimin all these years. She keeps on pestering and picking on Jimin that sometimes leads her bestfriend into serious situations like this. She tried reporting it to the dean but Winter's parents are the owner of the school, so obviously her attempts went down the drain instead.

 

“No, Gi. In fact, she apologized.”

 

“Huh? That's weird?”

 

“What's weird?”

 

“Winter. Apologizing. These two words don’t match.”

 

“Come to think of it. You're right.” Jimin thought, if Winter's the said villain of this movie, why would she apologize? “As far as I can remember, in the film, Winter's a menace. She's “trouble” herself. She's supposed to cause another ruckus here in the clinic, but she did the opposite.”

 

“What film are you talking about?”

 

Jimin's supposed to tell it to herself but seems like Giselle has good hearing.

 

“You still heard that? My favorite movie. Hehe. Have you seen my phone, Gi?”

 

“Here.” Jimin took her bag from Giselle. She immediately looked for her phone, opened it and searched for something.

 

Jimin's hoping she still got the copy of the movie in her phone or the dimension she's in didn’t do anything about the copy she had. To her relief, it's still there.

 

 

 

 

 

It’s been a month since Jimin suddenly appeared in her favorite movie Exile as the main lead. She figured out a lot of things since then.

 

Her characters' potential male leads were all the same, circle of friends, school and home environment were all normal as what the movie projected. The only thing that made her confused was the behavior of her supposed to be archenemy.

 

Winter has been well behaved and it's not supposed to be like this. She should have been pushing Jimin out of her wits by now, bullying her nonstop.

 

Speaking of, she saw Winter passing through the hallway. Seems like she's going to the library. Without much thought, Jimin followed her. Jimin remembered that one library scene, where she was supposed to find a book for her assignment then she bumped into someone w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter