End of the Yoo Jin, rock star and Rian, actress Show

Wonderful Tonight

With midnight approaching soon and Rian noticed he had been massaging his temple every ten minutes or so, a sign that he was having a pre-hangover sign, an aching head. Also, it was a sign to return home.

She sauntered towards the now-drunken rock star, snatching the wine glass from his left hand, grinning as she did so. Even now, he was able to make her laugh by pouting cockishly, as if to show his unhappiness with her actions. Hiding his relief quite well from her, after all, he did not want to admit that he liked her presence more than alcohol.

She drank down the wine, finishing it with one gulp and handing it back to a nearby waiter. She slapped his muscular arm gently, leading him away from the crowd, whispering softly, “It’s time to go home, superstar. Give me the keys.”

He did as he was told; nodding along when she announced it was time to return to their comfort home. The drive took less time than it did before, now that she was speeding above the limit. It was midnight and cops were hardly around to care, so she did not slow down. After all, Yoo Jin seemed to like it, even in his intoxicated state.

They reached home roughly after an hour drive. She helped him out from the Porsche. She motioned towards an aging butler to keep the car in the garage, while she guided him in the direction of their bedroom. He staggered a bit before claiming proper footing and she never once complained (she did, but silently) as she assisted him.

Inches away from the massive king-sized bed, his legs suddenly gave away and he fell onto the bed just nicely, dragging her along with his dead weight. After a minute or so, she got to her feet and proceeded to remove his shoes, shirt and jacket, leaving the man shirtless in bed.

With him fully knocked out, she undressed in the room itself devoid of the use of a dressing closet, returning to her cosy home attire of t-shirt and plaid Capri pants.

She left him for the toilet to wash out the make-up and brush her teeth. In the mean time, he regained temporary consciousness and made his way to the toilet, joining her. His attempts to brush his teeth and clean his face got several false starts as he repeatedly mistook the toothpaste for his moisturiser.

He managed to make her laugh due to his clumsiness. He glared at her before breaking out to a wide grin, and she made no effort to conceal her amusement with his weathering mood.

She left him alone in the toilet, reverted to the bedroom, but he followed her suit just minutes later. She was already in bed, having her reading glasses on and shifted her sights from the book she was reading to him, greeting him with a warm smile.

Yoo Jin climbed onto the bed with a movement that would put a graceful ballroom dancer to shame. His staggering way gone after a good wash. Switching his light off and waving his hand dismissively, his sign of saying good night, he went back to sleeping. She could hear him snoring as he hit slumber land.

All in a sudden, he jerked up from sleeping, like a zombie rising up from the dead, turning his head at her. She stared him hard, waiting for him to make the first move, wondering if he was still sleeping or wide-awake. It was hard to tell under poor lighting.

“Princess, you are wonderful tonight,” he said, speech slurred and the loop-side grin on. Then, he dropped back to sleep, before she could retort with a snarky comment. She shook her head, amused with his antics, went to inspect him closer.

He was definitely as he asleep, noticing the low snore coming from him. She ran her slim fingers through his thick, messy and lustrous dark hair. Slowly, his cheek afterwards.  

“Sleep well, you will have to prepare yourself for tomorrow,” she whispered, a sly smile formed on her free makeup face.

“Ji Kyung ah, I really meant what I said. You are wonderful, not only tonight but always,” he mumbled incoherently. She barely could make out what he was trying to say. 

She hated to admit it. He was cute when he did that.

Perhaps, she might spare him. Just this once.

It was time like this, she thought to herself, that she could not help from falling in love with him all over again. Screw Haesung even if her husband was JB, she would not trade the free-spirited rock star for anyone else.