Her Sunshine

•°★°• So Nyuh High •°★°•

So High 08:1

~ Her Sunshine ~

 

 

Her hair.

 

Her eyelashes.

 

Her nose.

 

Her cheekbones.

 

Her lips.

 

Her collarbone.

 

Her hand.

 

Her fingers.

 

Her heart was on the verge of bursting with emotion as she studied each delicate part intensely. She was truly in the company of great beauty but above and beyond that, she was loved by this beauty. She knew that the sleeping beauty loved her with all her heart… but did this sleeping beauty truly comprehend how much she had come to need her? Did this sleeping beauty know how deeply her actions had touched her?

 

She supposed that it wouldn’t be the sleeping beauty’s fault if she didn’t comprehend. It wouldn’t be her fault if she couldn’t believe it either. After all, she had trouble handling that knowledge herself. However, as she lay in bed gazing at her… it was all crystal clear to her – she really did love this sleeping beauty.

 

She has done enough for me. It’s my turn now. It’s my turn to show her that this relationship can work and will withstand the test of time.

 

With that thought in mind, she smiled. She would show her. If she had doubts, she’d clear them. If she withdrew, she’d squeeze into her hiding hole with her. If she lost faith, she’d perform miracles to win it back.

 

Third time’s always a charm. I’m not letting Jessica go.

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

She almost screamed when she opened her eyes for right in front of her face was another, hovering dangerously close to hers. She a sharp breath, held it, then exhaled in a rush when she realised that it was Sunny. The blonde had a strange look on her face – one that could not be easily read. She pulled her head back and hoisted herself into a sitting position on the bed. Sunny didn’t sit up. Instead, she sighed and rested her head on Jessica’s thigh. Her fingers rubbed her thigh absentmindedly.

 

Jessica’s breathing hitched and her goose pimples appeared. The fingers rubbing her thigh were sending intoxicating sensations all the way up to her hazy, groggy mind. She couldn’t handle it.

 

‘Sunny.’ She whispered. ‘C…Could you stop doing that?’

 

‘Doing what?’ Sunny lifted her head and looked up in bewilderment.

 

‘Your fingers…’ She cleared uncomfortably. ‘… they are driving me a little crazy.’

 

Sunny looked at what her fingers were doing. She grinned. She moved her hand even higher up her thigh and resumed rubbing. Jessica reached down and clamped her hand on top of hers in a bid to stop her from caressing her thigh.

 

‘Stop. Please.’ Jessica’s breathing was a little heavier than before. Sunny grinned again and leaned forward, brushing her lips against hers, surprising her even more. The blonde sat up and straddled the brunette. She swung her leg over and sat on her thighs; her two legs on either side. Jessica’s eyes widened in shock as Sunny wrapped her arms around her neck and rubbed the nape of her neck with her fingers.

 

‘Jessica… why are you asking me to stop… shouldn’t you… be asking me for more?’

 

The older girl blushed instantly; the colour of pink took over her usual skin tone. The blonde began raining kisses on her face.

 

On her nose. On her forehead. On her cheeks.

 

‘Tell me…’ She whispered as she planted another kiss on her earlobe. ‘... why you…’ She kissed her chin. ‘… were so quiet…’ She stopped kissing Jessica abruptly and fixed her eyes on her hazy eyes. ‘… at the party.’

 

Jessica squirmed and tried to look away but Sunny clasped her cheeks with her hands and forced her to look at her.

 

‘Jessica… please tell me why… it bothers me that you were bothered by something and it bothers me when you won’t say anything about it.’

 

‘I’m sorry… I didn’t realise it would affect you that much.’ Jessica looked so guilty that Sunny’s heart ached.

 

‘You don’t have to apologize. I understand. Really. Let me share your worries… okay?’ Sunny smiled warmly at the girl who was melting in her hands. She never seemed to be able to keep up any walls when she was around Sunny.

 

‘I’m your sunshine! I’m responsible for bringing joy and happiness into your life.’ Sunny grinned widely, causing Jessica to smile as well – her infectious, bubbly, cheery tone had that effect on many people, especially Jessica.

 

Jessica knew that she was helpless and beaten hands down by that cheery litlte bubble of a girl.

 

‘I didn’t feel like I belonged. T…Taeyeon seemed to be so right for you… the way the two of you looked at each other… it was as though you would go back to her in a heartbeat and everybody else seemed to want that for the two of you as well. I… I didn’t know what to do. So…’

 

‘So you chose to hang back… stay in the shadows and be quiet as a mouse. You didn’t even hug me once at the party.’ Sunny completed the sentence for her. ‘Let’s tell everybody that we’re together now.’

 

Jessica’s eyes widened. ‘No!’

 

‘Why not?’

 

‘T…Taeyeon… she would have to deal with a whole lot more if we tell the others.’

 

Sunny felt like shaking the older girl real hard but she restrained herself. Instead, she bit her lip and took a deep breath.

 

‘Jessica… I’m telling the rest and that’s that.’ She said in the firmest tone Jessica had ever heard.

 

Realising that Sunny was going to announce it regardless of what she said, she had no choice but to accept that.

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

The next couple of days went by and in the twinkling of an eye, school was back in. Students groaned as they woke up in the morning and grumbled as they trudged through the school’s corridors.

 

Sunny was waiting for Jessica at the spot where she would be dropped off. A black shiny car stopped and a gorgeous brunette got out of the car with her expensive Mulberry bag slung carelessly over her shoulder. Sunny smiled as she watched the girl sweep her fringe to the side and walked towards her happily. She slipped her arm around hers and their eyes met. Sunny’s crescent moon eyes melted the rather icy cold ones and warmed them up. Jessica smiled right back at the cute girl beside her and they headed to class together, arm in arm.

 

Jessica was never one who bothered about the whisperings of random bystanders but Sunny was a little affected by the obvious stares and subsequent gossip that spread like wild fire.

 

‘Sunny and Taeyeon broke up?’

 

‘Sunny and Jessica?!’

 

‘JESSICA HAS A GIRLFRIEND?’

 

‘Who is the girl who melted that ice princess?’

 

The stares and whispers bounced off Jessica who had built an invisible wall around her but she could sense Sunny’s discomfort so she glared at the people who stared and whispered. That looked chilled its victims to their bones and stopped some stares and whispers. She squeezed Sunny’s hand to comfort the younger girl and they sat down next to each other in class.

 

They spotted Tiffany at the door who was saying goodbye to Sooyoung. They parted reluctantly and Tiffany waved at Jessica and Sunny. She plonked herself next to them very naturally.

 

‘Our last semester in high school. How exciting.’ Tiffany deadpanned as she sat down.

 

‘Why do you sound so depressed?’ Jessica was puzzled. ‘I’ve never known you to hate school.’

 

‘I’m counting down the days I have left with Sooyoungie in high school.’

 

‘Haha… you’re thinking too far ahead aren’t you Tif?’ Jessica laughed.

 

‘It’ll all be over before you know it Jessi.’

 

‘Let’s enjoy what we have now Tif. Thinking too far ahead just ruins the beauty of the present.’

 

‘You’re right. As usual. Thanks Jessi.’ Tiffany smiled warmly.

 

Just then, Taeyeon appeared at the door. Tiffany waved to her enthusiastically. Jessica and Sunny looked at each other and braced themselves. Both of them were finding it difficult to be completely at ease with Taeyeon – they were too worried about her.

 

However, much to their surprise, Taeyeon smiled her usual smile and greeted them cheerfully. She sat down and took her books out, getting ready for the first lesson of the day.

 

Both Jessica and Sunny shared the same thought in their minds – Has Taeyeon gotten over Sunny for real?

 

 

•°★°••°°••°°•

 

 

After school, Taeyeon approached Sunny. They smiled at each other like old friends.

 

‘I was told that we’re doing the two main roles in the upcoming musical. Hyungsoo will be meeting us and the rest of the cast soon. We’ll be seeing a lot of each other so I want to ensure you that I’m good with how things are.’

 

Sunny was touched by her considerate thoughts. ‘Thanks Taeyeon.’

 

Taeyeon. It’s not Taeyeonie anymore.

 

Taeyeon smiled. ‘We’re still friends aren’t we?’

 

Sunny nodded. ‘Yes of course we are. I’m glad that we can still be friends. You will always be important to me.’

 

Taeyeon hugged Sunny. ‘You will always remain somewhere in my heart. Always.’

 

Sunny nodded. They pulled from the hug and looked at each other with understanding. Then Taeyeon turned to Jessica who was standing by the side, watching them.

 

‘Sica… this girl… I entrust to you. She’s yours Sica. She’s yours. Claim her with confidence.’

 

Jessica didn’t know what to say. All she could do was nod. Taeyeon smiled and hugged her too. Then she stepped back and smiled at both of them. ‘I got to go now. I have a meeting to attend and a contract to sign.’ She winked at Jessica and Sunny. ‘I’ll fill you in on the details when it’s all done.’

 

With that, the brunette waved goodbye and left.

 

‘A contract?’ Sunny was clueless.

 

‘She was offered a contract to be a singer.’

 

‘WOW! Really?’ Sunny was pleasantly surprised.

 

Jessica nodded and smiled. ‘Her dream come true and she definitely deserves it too.’

 

‘Yeah, with a voice like that… it’d be a waste if nobody got to hear it.’

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

Sunny dragged Jessica to their regular lunch table where everybody else was seated. She cleared and everybody looked at them curiously, wondering what was up with them.

 

‘Dear friends, I have some news to share with you.’

 

Sooyoung, the ever-so-eager one was eager to know. ‘What’s the news?’

 

Sunny slipped her hand into Jessica’s and raised it up in front of everyone at the table. ‘This.’

 

There was a mixture of shock, surprise and cluelessness at the table. Yoona had no idea what Sunny was talking about.

 

‘What’s this? What are you talking about?’

 

‘Yoona… we’re holding hands. We’re together now.’

 

‘Oh…’ Yoona finally understood. Then it hit her. ‘WHAT?’

 

Jessica spoke up. ‘We got together during the break.’

 

‘Wow… just like us…’ muttered Sooyoung. Tiffany heard what she said and giggled.

 

‘Er… Is Taeyeon taking to this well?’ Yuri asked hesitantly.

 

‘She is. We’re back to friends now.’ Sunny answered optimistically. ‘I think we’re getting there.’

 

‘That’s great Sunny. I’m so happy for you.’ Yuri got up and gave Sunny a big hug. She was truly happy for her friend whom she thought had gone through enough heart breaks and deserved to be given a break.

 

The hug quickly turned into a group hug as the other girls hugged them too; feeling glad that things were alright again.

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

YoonYul were stretching and warming up for their training session when they saw Bora walk past them. The girl ignored them and headed straight for the lockers. Yuri heaved a great sigh of relief. She wasn’t too sure initially how Bora would be like once they returned too school. She was prepared to face the wrath if Bora had any. She was also prepared to protect Yoona from any malice. Fortunately, Bora seemed to be disinterested in them.

 

She grinned at Yoona who was just behind her, stretching away. She caught sight of Yoona’s long and slender leg stretching out all the way. Wow… that’s hot.

 

Yuri sighed, knowing that training was just about to begin and there would be no time for her to act on her feelings for Yoona. She sighed to herself. Training would have to come first. The next few races would be of high importance to her. Her scholarship for college hinged on the talent scouts who would be gracing the races to spot talents. She had high hopes of being a star runner at a good university and eventually getting into a career related to sports and fitness.

 

Yoona completed her warmups and strolled to Yuri’s side. She sat on the track and admired Yuri’s beautifully trained abs and legs. Yuri felt her face getting hot as Yoona continued to stare at her.

 

‘Yoona ya… do you mind looking somewhere else? You’re distracting me.’

 

Yoona giggled. ‘In that case I’ll look at another hot-looking girl then.

 

‘What? No! Oh my gosh… you’re teasing me aren’t you?’ A disapproving smile broke across Yuri’s face as she saw Yoona holding her sides, laughing away.

 

Then it was time to run for it. They took their start up positions and waited for the all familiar gun shot.

 

BANG!

 

They dashed for it.

 

Yoona had improved vastly under Yuri’s personal instruction but even then, she couldn’t beat Yuri on her good day. Yuri took the lead and won the race with Yoona coming in a close second.

 

Yuri and Yoona did a high five and hugged each other, whispering congratulations into each other’s ear.

 

Unbeknownst to them, a slim, pretty, petite girl sat in the stands watching them. The girl was glad to see Yuri take the first position. Then her happiness dropped a notch when she saw how close Yuri was to the girl who came in second. Then her happiness was shattered as she watched Yuri claim the other girl’s lips as her prize for winning the race.

 

She sat very still in the stands as time came to a screeching halt in her world. The colour drained from her face and her petite body shook and trembled as she fought to hold back her tears. It was all in vain. Not wanting anybody to notice her crying, she got up and left the scene as quickly as she could.

 

Yuri was celebrating her win with Yoona very happily when she noticed a familiar figure out of the corner of her eye. However, when she looked at the stands, the figure was gone. She looked through the crowd but could not find that figure.

 

‘Yuri… what are you looking at?’

 

‘Huh? Oh… it’s nothing… I thought I saw someone I knew.’

 

Did I see her or was that my imagination?

 

Either way, Yuri didn’t feel too good about it. As she looked at Yoona’s face, shining with excitement and exuberance, she tried to stop her heart from sinking. She wanted the best for Yoona. She wanted Yoona to be free from hurt and pain. The greatest irony however, was that she was probably going to be the biggest cause of Yoona’s pain.

 

She fervently hoped that what she saw was a figment of her imagination. Please… let it be my imagination…

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

Taeyeon strode into the office feeling exhilarated, nervous, excited, scared, overjoyed yet hesitant. It was a myraid of feelings that swamped her heart and made it thump a lot faster than usual. What she was about to do would be a life-changing decision. She knew of some of the implications. She had thought it through carefully. This was what she wanted. There was nobody to hold her back, nobody to object her from and so… she was ready.

 

It was a simple affair, with all required people present.

 

They signed it and then she signed it. They shook hands and voila… Taeyeon was officially a recording artist managed by the top entertainment agency in the country.

 

‘Welcome to the SM family.’ Kim Youngmin extended his hand to Taeyeon for a handshake.

 

‘Thank you very much for letting me join your family.’ Taeyeon smiled brighter than she ever had in her entire life. Her dream was that close to coming true.

 

‘We have no time to waste. We have arranged a meeting for you to meet some song writers and our music producers. We will be sitting down to do a song selection and we want to start recording as soon as possible. Originally, another new artiste was slated to debut within the next few months but things have not gone well. An EP would be good to start you off with.’

 

Taeyeon nodded and smiled. ‘I’m ready.’

 

‘Good. We’ll meet soon.’

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

The shorter girl slipped her hand into the taller girl’s hand. Their fingers intertwined and their hands clasped tight. They swang their hands slightly as they walked down the bustling street. Both girls were just plain happy to be with each other. It was that simple. It took that long. It seemed that impossible but then a miracle happened. Now, for the first time, Jessica felt truly happy. Happy beyond words.

 

Happiness had been such an elusive feeling to her. Most people would discover happiness in their family but Jessica did not have the typical wholesome family that others had. Her family was somewhat contrived although she could not deny that her step-father certainly had showered her with lots of love and care. Deep down inside… her mind was fully aware that she still did not know who her real father was. It was a longing, a yearning that had been there for so long that it had sunk to the depths of her inner self lay there, hidden from sight.

 

Happiness could also be discovered through friendship. That was perhaps, one of the few sources of happiness that she possessed. Tiffany and Taeyeon were so dear to her. They were the only ones she would run to when she was in trouble. They were the only ones she’d call and whine to. For that, Jessica was eternally grateful. At least she had real friends.

 

Then… there was love. She had her heart broken once and that was quite enough for her.

 

But now… she had Sunny.

 

The simplest smile from the petite girl could send her spirits soaring high. The simplest touch could rejuvenate her no matter how tired and worn out she was. It was amazing. And also amazingly scary for Jessica was well-acquainted with the fact that the more you possessed, the more you had to lose. Yet… Sunny wouldn’t let her be scared. Sunny wouldn’t let her crawl into a hole and hide. Sunny was the light in her light, casting all shadows away.

 

Now… they were doing what girls do all the time – window shopping. They strolled down the street past boutique after boutique and stopped to look at things that caught their attention; without actually buying anything.

 

Sunny tugged at Jessica’s arm and stopped her. She wanted to take a closer look at the Angry Bird plush toy. It was so cute to her – big and round and looking really really angry.

 

‘Gosh… isn’t that cute?’

 

Jessica rolled her eyes. She didn’t have a penchant for plush toys. ‘I suppose.’

 

‘Aww… come on… don’t be such a wet blanket. Learn to appreciate the cuter things in life.’

 

Jessica smiled. ‘I already am appreciating the cuter things in life.’ She gazed deep into Sunny’s eyes and the blonde understood what she had subtly implied and blushed.

 

‘Anyway… you’re going in here with me and that’s that.’ With a rather pinkish face, she dragged Jessica into the shop so that she could get her hands on the plushie.

 

‘Oh wow… it feels really soft, doesn’t it?’ Sunny placed Jessica’s hand on the toy. The brunette nodded in agreement.

 

‘Yes it does feel really good to touch.’

 

Sunny grinned. ‘Now you know why I like these things.’

 

Jessica ruffled Sunny’s hair. ‘But I find this nicer and softer to touch.’

 

Sunny’s face went from pink to red and the colour had even spread to her ears. She looked at the older girl beside her. How could she not have seen that obvious adoration in her eyes before? The beautiful soft brown eyes that spoke volumes on how much she loved Sunny were beautiful to look into. Feeling very blissful, Sunny giggled at her cheesy lines and pecked her on her cheek.

 

‘And I love you too Sica.’

 

Their hands clasped even tighter than before as they left the shop and strolled on.

 

 

•°★°••°°••°°•


 

Jessica’s mobile buzzed. She read the new message.

 

Ock Ju Hyun shi 16:55

I hope you still remember me from the beach encounter. I would like to invite you and your friend to my place for dinner this weekend. Can you make it?

 

Jessica smiled and replied.

 

Jessica Jung 16:55

Yes. I will be there with Sunny.

 

Ock Ju Hyun shi 16:56

That’s great! See you this weekend! I will text you the details soon.

 

Sunny nudged Jessica. ‘What are you smiling about?’

 

‘Remember that nice lady we met at the beach?’

 

‘The one who made you confess to me?’

 

Jessica blushed and nodded. ‘She’s inviting us to dinner.’

 

‘That’s nice of her. Let’s buy her a gift. I’m really thankful to her for talking you into turning back to me. We owe her what we’ve got.’

 

Jessice couldn’t agree more.