Can I not open doors???

Mess it up.
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Will you be heading back to the estate first to change, miss?" The driver glances at Jimin through the rearview mirror, the girl closing her eyes as she removed the left side of her headphones, sighing.

 

"What type of event is it, Mr Kim?" Jimin casts a uninterested gaze towards her lap, unseen by the driver who returns his attention to the road.

 

"It's a new building, research and development for heart related ailments." Jimin thinks about the last time her parents held a party for a new department, deciding it would be better to change.

 

"I'll change first, something smart casual simple will do, please inform Miss Kang." With that, the girl returns back to her world of music. Fingers scrolling through an online textbook on her phone.

 

"Will do." Mr Kim whispers to no one in particular, tapping his earpiece and opening a channel to the main house.

 

"Something simple and presentable, Miss Kang." The woman on the other line simply groans, upset at the lack of creativity she was allowed.

 

"She's pretty, with insane proportions, AND CHOOSES TO DRESS IN THE SIMPLEST THINGS! IM GETTING PAID WELL BUT CMON! I FEEL LIKE IM GETTING PAID TOO MUCH AT THIS POINT!" The woman rants to the driver who simply listens without a word.

 

"Miss Kang, at least you actually get to dress her up to events and stuff, I can't even do anything. I can't follow her to school, Mr Kim drives her to and fro... I'm not needed at events since there'll be security detail at them... She stops people who come up to her herself when we're out...IM USELESS!" The man working as Jimins personal security cries out besides the woman, having spent the entire day in the employees lounge waiting for something to do.

 

"Don't be so down Park. Is there anyone that's part of the little miss' team that actually works except for Mr Kim anyway?" From behind the two, another woman walks in, taking a cup of coffee for herself.

 

" She's read and taught herself up to two years ahead, we're learning senior year stuff right now, and even then she just sort of does the questions and then asks for me to send her pdfs of the material. The only work I do is grade and send her basically textbooks." Jimin's tutor, Mrs Choi explains to the man.

 

"Isn't she just perfection? We're kind of useless aren't we?" Mr Park sighs.

 

"I mean, I guess if anything you're here to prevent anything to happen again. You're the newest to the team afterall. Mrs Choi brings the cup up to her lips, taking a sip.

 

"I heard it was really bad, what happened anyway?" Mr Kim shuts off the channel, preferring to keep his eyes on the road.

 

"Jimin, she was attacked by a man when she went to visit her mom at the hospital." Miss Kang starts,

 

"What?! As a 11 year old child?!" Mr Park drops his phone onto the floor in shock, bending to the side to pick it up after.
 

"He reasoned that Mrs Yu took away his child, so she would have to go through the same pain." The three sat in silence, solemn at the thought.

 

"Still...the young miss did nothing wrong." 
 

" It doesn't matter, the more in pain someone is, the more logical thinking becomes trivial in the face of emotion and impulse." Miss Kang speaks, eyes glazed over.


"I-it's the same for the other type of pains too. The more someone is in pain, all thoughts of if something was right, logical, smart to do... it just fades away. The only thought you have is how you want it to stop, the only train of thought becomes what you want to do, how you're going to do. And the last second is just Doing. It's all the same." Mrs Choi walks over to hold the stylist's shoulder, rubbing it softly.

 

" That's why we're all here, because we all have wounds. It's why Mr Yu hired all of us." 
 

A teen that wanted only to design and style clothes, uninterested in everything else in life that ended up ostracised, bullied, that ended up on the edge of a chair. The friction scars remain. 
 

A 20 year old athlete that was solely focused on fighting, having ended up with a broken shoulder that ended his career, having been pushed to the edge of the roof of the Yu's hospital.

 

A 30 year old woman that was abused by her ex husband, which drove her to protect her daughter even if it meant taking a life, Jimin's father had helped the woman with court proceedings and her daughter at the exchange of the woman getting a university degree and tutoring his 3 year old child. All because he saw her crying with her child in hand in the ambulance outside his hospital.

 

" Speaking of, we never heard Mr Kim's story did we?" The trio look amongst each other, waiting for someone to spill.

 

"I mean. It makes sense, we were all here after the young miss was born at least. He's been here even before." A little buzz in all their left ears.

 

"We're 5 minutes away, get ready to go together, the miss told us to follow along for food." Mr Kim's voice comes through the channel, causing the trio to separate and ready themselves.

 

"DO YOU GUYS REMEMBER WHERE I PUT THAT DANGLY BLUE SAPPHIRE EARRING?!"

 

"SHE'S NOT GONNA WANT TO WEAR THAT!"

 

"I CAN TRY"

 

"LEFT DRAWER, THE FIFTH ONE FROM THE BOTTOM."

 

"OH GOT IT!"

 

"WAIT WHERES MY FOLDABLE BATON!? I DONT WANT TO CARRY THIS HUGE THING THE WHOLE TIME!!!"

 

"HOW THE DO YOU LOSE THE ONLY THING YOU NEED TO WORK???"

Please log in to read the full chapter