1

If Only

A/N: Sorry for updating late guys!! I was supposed to post the 1st chapter yesterday, but I was too busy. Anyways, here's the first chappie! Enjoy!! ^^

 

 

 

Thunder rumbled and lightning flashed. Rain continously poured on the quiet empty streets of Seoul. The sound of the rumbling thunder had awaken Taeyeon from her deep slumber. Her eyes fluttered open, only to be greeted by the darkness of her bedroom. She groaned and tried to go back to sleep, but hearing the noise of the storm was preventing her to do so. She tried to cover her ears with a pillow, but it wouldn't work. She had no other choice but to stay awake.

She slowly sat up and rubbed her hald-opened eyes groggily. She glanced at the clock hanging on the wall and saw that it was barely 5 am in the morning. She yawned lazily before getting out of the bed. She wore her slippers and fixed her frizzy hair as she faced the mirror. A soft sigh escaped her lips as she glanced at her reflection. Taeyeon looked like a total lifeless zombie. Her hair was so messed up, she had huge eyebags and it seemed like her eyeballs were almost bulging out of its sockets.

In other words, she looked horrible.

But what can she do? These past few days have been pure hell for her, especially for the fact that her heart was terribly broken. She tried cheering herself a lot of times by going out with some of the most beautiful girls in school, but the pain wouldn't leave her. Taeyeon ran her hands through her hair as she groaned in frustration. How could she be miserable like this over a girl?

Then all of a sudden, there was a knock on the door. At first Taeyeon tried to ignore it, but the knocks were just getting louder every second. Feeling irritated, she walked towards the door and opened it. To her surprise, an eye-smiling girl was standing in front of her.

"T-Tippani? What are you doing here?"

Before Tiffany could even respond, she looked at Taeyeon from head to toe. Taeyeon forgot that she was still wearing her pajamas so when she realized it, her cheeks flustered red. She muttered a 'Wait a sec' before slamming the door in front of Tiffany's face. After a few minutes, Taeyeon came out of her bedroom wearing neat casual clothes. Tiffany gave her a look.

"What?"

"Nothing. It just bothers me that you slammed the door right on my face."

"Sorry, you know how I hate it when people see me in my pajamas."

"Oh come on Taetae, I've seen you wearing nothing but underwear when we were still kids. Who cares if I see you wearing pajamas?" Tiffany let out a soft giggle before continuing, "And besides, you look super adorable in that outfit."

Once again, shades of pink appeared on both of Taeyeon's cheeks. She glared at Tiffany before responding, "You didn't have to mention the underwear thing."

"Oh stop being such a baby."

"What are you doing here anyways?"

"Daddy already left for work and forgot to prepare me breakfast. So your mom invited me here and let me eat here with you guys."

"Tch, you're really thick-skinned." Taeyeon remarked with a grin.

"Yah! Your mother treats me like her own daughter! And she even said I was a nicer daughter than you." She said before playfully sticking out her tongue at Taeyeon.

"Yah you little.."

Tiffany already hurriedly ran down the stairs before Taeyeon could even finish her sentence. Chuckling, Taeyeon went down stairs and followed Tiffany to the kitchen. Her mother was frying eggs and bacon on a pan. Tiffany approached her and hugged her waist.

"Umma.." She whined. "Taeyeon's bullying me again."

Taeyeon could only roll her eyes. "And since when have you been calling my mother 'your' umma?"

"Taeyeon, stop maltreating Tiffany." Her mother scolded in a playful way.

"Did you hear that? Listen to your mother!" Tiffany added.

"B-But-"

"Enough Taeyeon. Now you two eat your breakfast so that you can leave for school early." Her mother stated as she settled the dishes on the table. Tiffany sat down on the table excitedly, before turning towards Taeyeon and sticking out her tongue at her.

Taeyeon glared at her but inside her heart, she was smiling from ear to ear. These were times where Taeyeon feels happy that Tiffany is visiting them and is eating with them. Ever since they entered college, Tiffany can barely come over to Taeyeon's house due to her busy class schedules.

And being too busy with Sooyoung. Taeyeon thought as jealousy boiled up inside of her. She decided to shake away her thoughts before sitting down on the chair across Tiffany.

Taeyeon smiled in amusement as she watched Tiffany chomp on her food happily. She still looked freaking adorable even though she was stuffing a lot of rice inside . When Tiffany felt a pair of eyes looking at her,she lifted her face and met Taeyeon's big round eyes staring back at her.

"Uhm, why are you staring?" Tiffany asked, still filled with food.

Taeyeon chuckled softly as she shook her head. "Nothing, go on and eat."

 

===

 

"Aigoo, it's raining pretty hard. It'll be hard for us to walk to school like this if the street is slippery wet." Taeyeon said as she and Tiffany stepped outside of the house and they stood on the front porch.

Tiffany was shivering slightly because of the cold breeze. She was wearing a short sleeved blouse and didn't even bother to bring a jacket or coat with her. Taeyeon turned to look at her in worry. Without hesitating, Taeyeon removed the jacket she is wearing and wrapped it around Tiffany's shoulders.

"Here. You look cold."

Tiffany looked up at Taeyeon and saw that behind Taeyeon's cold brown eyes, there was a lot of concern and worry in it. Tiffany smiled, feeling the warmth of Taeyeon's jacket against her skin.

"You didn't have to lend me your jacket."

"What? And let you catch a cold? Forget about it. I'd rather be sick than to let you catch a cold."

Tiffany laughed. "Is that it?"

"What do you mean?"

"Those sweet, cheesy words that comes out of your mouth. Do you use them to get girls?"

Taeyeon let out a chuckle. "Hey, I have my ways. But when it comes to you, I'm pretty serious."

This time, Tiffany felt something weird inside her chest as she heard the sentence that Taeyeon had just said. She turned her head to look at Taeyeon and saw that Taeyeon was also looking at her. Their eyes met and for some reason, something sparked between them.

That's weird. Tiffany thought as she looked away.

Then all of a sudden, their moment of silence was broken by the sound of a honking horn of a car. A blue expensive-looking car had parked in front of Taeyeon's house. A tall, tan, and attractive-looking girl had came out of the car. She waved towards Tiffany and Taeyeon.

"Hey guys! Goodmorning!"

At first, Taeyeon and Tiffany didn't budge from their positions. But then when Tiffany came back to her senses, she glanced at Taeyeon before running through the rain as she headed towards her girlfriend.

"Hey Fany-ah!! You're getting yourself wet!"

"Sooyoungie." Sooyoung wrapped her arms around Tiffany's waist as she pulled her under the umbrella with her. Tiffany smiled as she wrapped her arms around Sooyoung's neck and kissed her cheek softly.

"Neomu buguh shipuh." Tiffany muttered. "Why didn't you answer any of my calls last night?"

"Mianhe, I was too busy working on my science project last night. I was planning to call you back, but I figured that you were already asleep at that time."

Tiffany pouted her lips as she leaned her head against Sooyoung's soft and warm chest. "Arasso. Just don't ignore me like that again, okay?"

Sooyoung chuckled before nodding and planting a soft kiss on Tiffany's head. Just then, she felt a pair of eyes watching them. She looked up and saw Taeyeon still standing on the porch of their house.

"What are you still doing there Taeng? Come on and let's go before the rain starts pouring harder. I'll drive us to school!" Sooyoung called out.

Releasing a heavy sigh, Taeyeon trudged down the steps of the front porch as she held an umbrella over her head. She sat at the back of the car since Tiffany was sitting on the passenger's seat while Sooyoung was on the driver's seat. She leaned her back on her seat and folded her arms over her chest. Things only got worse for her when she saw Sooyoung interwine her fingers with Tiffany as they start driving off.

"Sorry if I arrived late guys. I still had to convince my brother to lend me this car."

"It's okay." Tiffany responded. "Taeyeon and I ate breakfast together while we waited for you."

"Oh jinjja? You ate breakfast together?"

Tiffany nodded, oblivious to the hint of jealousy in Sooyoung's voice. But since Taeyeon is Sooyoung's bestfriend, she trusted her completely so she shrugged the jealousy off.

"Hey Fany-ah.." Sooyoung called out.

"Hmm?"

"Do you wanna go to the movies later after school?"

"Jinjja? Of course I want to!"

"That's great! My brother has two tickets to this new horror flick. I thought I wanted to have another date with you."

"Aww, you're so sweet Sooyoungie." Tiffany used her hand to pinch Sooyoung on the cheek.

Sooyoung turned her head to look at Tiffany before giving her a peck on the cheek. "Sure. Anything for you baby."

"Will you please focus on driving? I don't want to get involve in a car accident." Taeyeon blurted out all of a sudden.

There was an obvious hint of anger and annoyance in the tone of her voice. Sooyoung cleared but didn't respond as she went back to her driving. While Tiffany stared outside the window with her eyebrows furrowed. She wondered why Taeyeon was acting so cold.

 

 

 

 

to be continued.