Excerpts . . .

A THOUSAND FIREFLIES (pamby1222)

 

“Oppa, remember the one thing I wanted the most? You promise to take me there right?”

 

“Yes, I have and I will take you there . . .”

 

“They said if I went there on a full moon, I could get to see a thousand fireflies lighting the lake. But I only get to see them once . . . Am I that unlucky?” She whispered the last words with pain traceable on her voice recalling when she seen it.

 

“No, you’re not silly . . . Next time you’ll be able to see it . . . ” He tried to control his voice not to crack . . .

 

“The next full moon will be in three days time . . . It would be wonderful, won’t it?“ She weakly turned her head towards the window and gaze upon the stars.

 

“Don’t worry, we’ll be there . . .” he gathered her hands in his and lightly kissed them.

 

“Oppa . . . “She looked at the guy who was seating on a chair beside her bed . . .

 

“He’s going to be there, won’t he?” She searched for his eyes, but the guy managed to hide the hurt deep inside him and he exhaled slowly, as if releasing the turmoil within him . . .

 

“Yes, he will be there . . .” He painfully gulped down the lump that was trapped in his throat . . .

 

“I’m sorry for being a spoiled brat, oppa . . .” She lowered her head while her eyes where fixed on their hands clasped together.

 

“You never were . . . You deserve all the spoils in the world . . .” For all the things you’ve been through, you definitely deserved it all . . .

 


                                                               

   

The fireflies never came. Dara somehow anticipated it but still got sad that she’ll never see it one last time. But suddenly, small lighted candles began to float along one side of the lake and started to make their way into other parts of the lake. Dara who was confused looked at Seung Hyun who was smiling at her.

 

“I get to tell everyone to light as many small candles as they can if the fireflies failed to show up tonight. I know it’s not the authentic one you want. I’m sorry . . “

 

Tears started to threaten to fall from her eyes, touched by the sincerity of her oppa and for doing this.

 

“It’s okay, oppa . . . I’ve never been this happy . . .” A bright smile slowly curved on her lips.

 

They gazed at the tiny lights created by the candles. After for a while, the candles started to die down one by one . . .

 

 “Thank you, oppa for doing everything for me . . .” She half whispered as her eyes began to fail her.

 

“Anything for you, Dara . . .” Seung Hyun led her head towards his shoulder to lean on. She sighed when she found comfort . . . The lights continued to die down.

 

Dara smiled at his reply and started to reach for his face when he grabbed it and helped her touch his face, without looking at each other just staring at the lights fading away.

 

“I’m tired . . .” She whispered . . . Seung Hyun holds her hand firmer as he felt her strength giving away. Tears started to form in his eyes and it took him all his courage not to let them fall at this time.

 

“But there is still lights out there . . . The fireflies will surely come out any time now . . .”Seung Hyun reasoned out not wanting for her to close her eyes . . . He’s not yet ready for it . . .

 

“He’s here . . .”

 

Seung Hyun tried so hard to control his anger . . .  Ji Yong never appeared . . . But he maintained his cool front so as not to worry Dara anymore . . .

 

“Hmmmm . . . “She let out a sigh . . . and closes her eyes . . . The sound of her breathing slowly toned down . . .

 

“Saranghae . . . Ji Yong . . .” Slowly as her hands went limp and her hand got out from his grasps, his tears fell. He shakes uncontrollably from the emotions pent up from within him . . .

 

The last candle finally gave in and its flame died out . . . Only the soft breeze of the wind could be heard and the anguish of a man crying beside Dara . . .

 


 

so how was it??? it's only a random part of the story . . . Should I continue on with the story ? ? ?