Final

Old Flame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“New season, new lover, great.” Kibum side-eyeing Minho who just arrived at their monthly movie night. A cute new girlfriend of his was full of smile, holding a big bucket of popcorn. 

 

“Thanks for coming. Minho talked a lot about you.” Jinki has always been a smooth talker a.k.a expert liar. In fact Minho never talked about any of his seasonal partner.

 

“Really? That’s so sweet.” The girl kissed Minho’s cheek. “I’m Winter. Nice to see you all.”

 

Minho guided her to sit on the couch, joining everyone else. Kibum nodded slightly to the new girl. 

 

“You must be Kibum oppa.” Winter flashed a smile.

 

“I am.” Kibum handed beer for Minho and Winter. “Here.”

 

“Yah, Kibumah. Can you just give me water? I’m not planning to get drunk tonight.” Kibum rolled his eyes, refused to listen to his same age friend, Minho. Kibum talked to Winter instead. She looked amused.

 

“No wonder he likes you, you are so pretty.” Kibum smiled. “You kinda look like someone I’ve met.” Kibum turned to Minho, who was suddenly tensed in his seat.

 

“Really? And who is that?” Winter didn’t seem to notice the change of atmosphere in the air.

 

“Just an old friend I’ve not seen in a while.” Kibum chuckled.

 

“A friend you miss, I see.” Winter hummed.

 

“Yes, we all do.”

 

Minho was being so quiet. Jinki broke the silence and played a comedy  movie they were agreed on. 

 

***

 

“You are so mean, as always. You shouldn’t have said that.” A cigarette in Jinki’s hand.

 

“Just saying the truth. Because every girl and boy he dated, I swear to God, every single one of them just look like him. This is so sickening.” Kibum gulped down his beer.

 

“Can’t blame Minho after all the things happened to him, I mean…to them.” Jinki smoke.

 

“Tch. Minho is just an idiot.” Kibum got up and left.

 

Minho took out whiskey and kept drinking. An hour ago Winter asked him to stay at her house but Minho refused. He was just not in the mood to be with anyone right now. 

 

“ you Kim Kibum.” He cursed, followed by another drink.

 

He felt his head a bit airy, his whole body really hot and he just felt like crying for some reason. It started raining so suddenly. The sound of water hitting the roof didn’t make him calm at all. He hated it, hated the night, and he hated his fate.

 

He already realized since days ago, no, weeks ago, no, actually years ago that in a few days it’s a birthday of a certain someone. Someone he has been sending a happy birthday message only once a year. The number was probably inactive and the messages never received. But for five years since that person gone, Minho never forgot to congratulate him on his birthday. 

 

Tonight he opened the chatting application and stared to the message he sent a year ago. He knew he was drunk when his fingers typed the ‘happy early birthday to you’ and pressed the ‘send’ button.

 

Minho drinking again, staring at the screen and cried when no one has ever read all his messages. He cried and cried for another hour and found himself dozing off on the couch.

 

***

 

The next morning he woke up a bit late. He unlocked his phone and it was already 10, but Thanks God it was a holiday. His head hurt so much and he wanted to throw up. He ordered a spicy hangover soup before going to take a warm shower.

 

“Oppa, wanna have a lunch date today?” Winter was a clingy type. She wanted to spend most of her time together with Minho.

 

“Baby, I want to, but I’m not feeling well right now. What about tomorrow?” 

 

Winter protested with a whine. And Minho still said no. 

 

Minho enjoyed his food. He opened chats from Jinki and other work related messages. His eyes got bigger when he read another recent chat he just sent.

 

He choked on his food when he saw that ‘happy early birthday’ chat was actually being read by the other. 

 

“What the . You ing stupid, Choi Minho. What the actual . You idiot.” 

 

He was restless and scared. What was happening? Did that person really receive and read the messages Minho sent for years? Or was the number owned by someone else now? What? How?

 

He growled loudly and wanted to kill himself for such a stupid action he just did.

 

***

 

“Oppa, let’s order this. They said it’s their best selling.” Winter pointed at the delicious looking skewer on the menu book.

 

“Ok. And what about we order something else a little spicy?”

 

“I can’t eat spicy food, remember?” She pouted.

 

Minho knew how Winter got really red the last time she ate spicy food. Tears coming out from her eyes like she was crying. How cute. She was such a baby. However he knew someone who loved spicy foods more than anyone else. 

 

“Oppa.”

“Hm?”

“Can we go to your apartment after this? I just want to know.” 

“There is nothing to see, really.”

“But oppa. I dont like how I don’t even know where you live.”

 

Minho didn’t really hear what Winter said when he saw two customers that just entered the restaurant with two big suitcases as if they just had a long trip.

 

The first one was tall, had a slightly tan skin, and walking in a really cool manner. But what caught Minho’s eyes was the other guy whose hand was held by the first guy. 

 

He was a bit shorter, pale skin, shoulder length black hair. Even with glasses and bangs covering his eyes, Minho knew right away who he was. 

 

“Oppa? Oppa? Are you listening?” Winter waved his hand in front of Minho’s face.

 

“Sorry. What did you say?” Minho’s eyes still following the two guys until they reached their table. 

 

“Is something wrong?” 

“No. Nothing. We need to go.”

“What? I’m not done yet.”

“Let’s go.”

 

Minho didn’t give Winter enough time to protest. He went straight to her house and left after that. He was not in his right state of mind right now. 

 

He dialed Kibum’s number.

 

“He is here.” He said.

“I know.” Kibum sighed.

“.”

 

***

 

Since the last ‘happy early birthday’ incident, Minho didn’t dare to send another real ‘happy birthday’ message. 

 

And since he saw the guy in question in a random restaurant in Seoul, he suffered a lot for a whole month. What bothered him the most was of course the fact that he saw him holding hand with someone else. Didn’t mean he was jealous, just curious. But really, this was not something he expected to happen so soon.

 

Minho drove his car to Kibum’s office, because he needed to ask him something. He couldn’t ask him by phone. 

 

“Kim Kibum.” Minho yelled, opening the door to Kibum’s room. And there was suddenly heavy pregnant silence.

 

“Uh hi, Minho.” Kibum stuttered. 

 

Kibum noticed the surprise on Minho’s face to see the two guests that sat across Kibum’s chair. 

 

“I didn’t know you were expecting someone. I guess we have to leave. Let’s go, Jonginah.” Said one of the guest.

 

“Oh, ok. I’ll call you later.” Kibum replied awkwardly.

 

They walked towards the door, eyes stick to the floor. They left with a bow and a familiar scent in the air. Minho remained speechless, he froze. 

 

“What is it, Minho?”

“So he is really here.” He whispered.

 

***

 

There was another movie night in Jinki’s house. Minho wanted to skip the event so bad, but he didn’t want to show this obvious weak side of him. So he decided to go.

 

“Where is your girl?” Jinki asked.

“Not coming.”

 

Minho breaking up was definitely not something new. But he never showed up without a partner. He almost never single. He was always in a relationship. So tonight was pretty weird to see Minho coming alone.

 

Minho noticed the two additional men in the room.

 

“Taemin came too.” Jinki informed.

“Hmm.”

 

The light was already off. Taemin was here so they selected a thriller movie he liked so much. Minho managed to avoid his ex but couldn’t help to steal glan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter