One

Cooper and Poopy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Have you eaten, Poopy-san?” 

 

It is another day at the dorm. The girls woke up before the sun again and left the remaining inhabitants with nothing but to muse about their lives. 

 

“I have, I have. Have you eaten, Cooper-gege?” 

 

Cooper nods to the long eyelashed gecko in its cage, “I have eaten. Aeri-chan fed me turkey chow with a sweet custard treat today. It was delicious.” 

 

“I am curious as to how that tastes, do you happen to have any left?” 

 

Cooper shakes his head, “I regrettably do not. But, I understand your tongue is extremely sensitive, just like mine. Perhaps you can my bowl and try getting the flavor yourself.”

 

“I reckon it's worth a try.” Poopy the gecko punches through his cage and makes a triumphant fist-pump. “Heck yeah!” Poopy opens the lid just enough so he can crawl out. 

 

“When Ms. Ning comes back, you must absolutely try the scrumptious crickets she has! Sometimes they are salty and sometimes they are sweet!” 

 

Cooper wags his tail when Poopy jumps down and latches to his fur, “That sounds delicious.” 

 

The two friends frolic out of their room and are startled when they hear strange sounds coming from the rooms that contain Ms. Jimin and Ms. Minjeong. 

 

“Cooper, Cooper! Why am I hearing cats and dogs in our home? This is not good to have strangers in our home!” 

 

“I agree, Poopy. This is very peculiar. Would you help me investigate? Remember to be careful, my friend.” 

 

Poopy hops off and lands on the floor with a split. 

 

Slay. 

 

“On it, Cooper. Don't you worry about me.” Poopy gives him a webby thumbs up. 

 

Cooper heads to the other side and peeks beneath the door. There, he sees white scruffy paws unlike his own. He gently opens the door with his front legs and sitting there with their head tilted is a white Maltese puppy. 

 

“Wow Cooper, when did you get so tall?” the little one spoke. 

 

“Cooper!!!” 

 

Cooper turns his head back and sees Poopy-san running towards him with a golden kitten chasing after him. 

 

“Poopy! You get back in your cage! You know you're not supposed to be out like this! Ningning nearly cried when we couldn't find you last night!!” 

 

“Cooper-gege, help me!!” Poopy-san quivers beneath him. 

 

“Yah! Who opened Minjeong's door? Did she forget to close it?” Distracted, the golden cat marched her fluffy paws over and stops when she's met with a bored, beady eyed puppy. 

 

The golden cat scampers excitedly around the white canine, “A puppy! A puppy!!! Minjeong is going to be so happy!! She always wanted one!!” 

 

“Huh?” the puppy deadpanned. “Chill out, cat. I'm Minjeong.” 

 

The cat pauses. “You're Minjeong? But you're so small. And you're literally a dog. Minjeong is a human GIRL. A Korean female idol in one of the top girl groups of her generation.” 

 

The puppy stays rooted in its place in Minjeong's room with the door ajar. 

 

“Ok and? Of course I know my title, that's me. This is my dorm and this is my room. Who the are you and why can I understand cats and geckos?” 

 

“I'm… omo– Minjeong, is that really you? It's me!! Jimin!!” The cat finally took a look at herself. Paws, fur, and a tail. “I'm a kitty, Minjeong!!”

 

“Yeah, yeah, I won't believe your lies, sasaeng dream cat. Kindly go away.” Minjeong the pup waddles to close the door with her puppy head. 

 

“Wait wait no, it's me! Ask me what we were doing yesterday! Something only the idol Karina would know!!” 

 

Minjeong pauses. She looks curiously at the fluffy kitty. 

 

“No.” 

 

Jimin the kitty slumps on the floor, facing a closed door to Minjeong's bedroom. 

 

“Minjeong-ahhhhhh,” she wails, pawin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter