Disappointment

Wedding Dress

Sunny woke up with a smile on her face this morning. For the first time in over a week, she was actually in a good mood. No sad thoughts about her broken heart even entered the girl’s head. All she could think about was the pair of gorgeous big round eyes that literally pierced her soul yesterday. Sunny got out of bed and was about to take a shower. Today is Sunday, which means she has time to take care of herself. But she was not given the opportunity to do this. The doorbell rang. Sunny knew very well who came to her, and therefore went to open the door.

“Hello, Sunny-ah!” Taeyeon spoke loudly and hugged her friend tightly. Yoona followed suit. “Why are you still not dressed?”

“Actually, I just got up. Why are you coming so early? That's what interests me."

“Don't be stupid. It's already ten am. It's not too early. Go take a shower and get dressed as quickly as possible, Sunny-ah! We're going to Lotte World!”

“Wow, really? We haven't been there for a long time. I’ll be ready in ten minutes!”

Her friends kept their promise. All this week they literally stayed next to her for days and dragged her to different events every day. To the cinema, theater, concerts, restaurants. In general, anywhere, just to somehow distract Sunny from her grief and cheer her up a little. Well, today they came up with Lotte World. Sunny was delighted. Although she didn't admit it, deep down in her soul there was still a little girl who loved wonders and amusement parks.

“Wait a minute, buddy.” Taeyeon suddenly narrowed her eyes. “What happened to you?”

“What are you talking about?” Sunny didn't understand what the older girl was talking about.

“You see this too, Yoong? Our Sunny-Bunny has definitely changed.”

“Yes, I see that too.” Yoona smiled widely. “Unnie, what’s her name?”

"WHAT?!" Sunny was amazed. How did her friends know about this?

“Don’t play dumb, Soonkyu.” Taeyeon smiled brightly as well. “Every time we came here, you were sad. It was literally written on your face “leave me alone and let me be sad.” It was simply a miracle if we managed to cheer you up. Well, today just look at yourself. You are literally glowing with happiness. And you definitely couldn’t just forget about your broken heart in one day. The conclusion here is simple. Someone helped you do it. Obviously, there's someone new in your heart now. That’s why we ask, what’s her name?”

“I... I don’t know what to say...” Sunny didn’t expect it to be so obvious. However, for some reason, she didn't want to tell her friends about Jessica. This was so new to her. It was as if she wanted to keep this girl a secret just for herself. “It's just someone. Girls, can I not say the name? We just met yesterday and…”

“Oh, I see. You don’t want to reveal all your cards just yet.” Yoona patted the older girl on the shoulder. “We understand you. But remember, Sunny-unnie, we won’t leave you alone that easily. Sooner or later we will force you to tell who she is.”

Sunny smiled slightly at these words. Well, she didn't expect anything else from her best friends.

 

~~♡~~

 

Sunny returned home in a great mood. It was probably one of the best Sundays of her entire life. Not once during that day did sad thoughts enter her head. Sunny felt unusually light all day. It was as if she could breathe deeply again. Right now she wasn't afraid of anything anymore. There is only a week left until Taeyeon and Tiffany's wedding. And Sunny was not at all afraid to come there like a boss and show Sooyoung how much she didn’t care about their breakup. Sunny smiled at the thought. Now she was completely calm thinking about her ex, as if it was just a bad dream.

The girl took off her coat and headed into the living room. Thoughts about the unsuccessful proposal nevertheless burst into her head. But Sunny was not upset. She just shook her head slightly, smiled sadly and pushed those thoughts away. The girl sat down on the sofa. By the way, she returned the engagement ring to the jewelry store. It would be stupid to lose so much money. However, the same cannot be said about a wedding dress. Sunny didn't know why, but she didn't dare return the dress to the store. For some reason, the girl became very attached to this dress. And for some reason it seemed to her that one day it would play a very important role in her life.

Sunny lowered her head onto the pillow. At that very moment she was gripped by an irresistible desire, the desire to talk to Jessica again. To hear her voice again, which at the very beginning seemed so cold to her. But this was not true. In fact, Jessica's voice was filled with warmth. Sunny picked up her phone. She wondered for a few seconds what it would look like if she just called at ten pm. The other girl may be busy, or she may simply not want to pick up the phone. Either way, Sunny had to take the risk. She opened her contact list and suddenly... Reality hit her like a hammer. How can she call Jessica if she doesn't even have her number? Surprisingly, Sunny didn't even think about it before. She didn't even bother to ask the older girl for her number. Suddenly Sunny felt such a strong disappointment that she had never felt before. The girl angrily threw the phone on the table and fell onto the pillow. She covered her face with her hands and began massaging her eyes. Why does this always happen to her? Sunny couldn't answer this question. Apparently the universe really hates her.

The girl once again fell asleep on her sofa. And again she was sad. All progress was destroyed in one second. Now Sunny felt even worse than before. Is this really how it will all end?