Drabble #5

Eunhae iPod Drabbles

Last but not least in my Eunhae Drabble Project. It's 1:17am and I still can't sleep.
Anyway:
WARNING: Um. Brief language. Again, only one word really. So, yeah.

(Honesty ~ Kim Ryeowook)

Tears streamed down your face and I felt my heart break with each tear that fell down those beautiful cheeks.
It was as though my world was crashing down around me, not yours. How could I have hurt you like this?

"All I wanted Hyuk, all I ever asked for, was the truth. You couldn't even give me that much. And then this?"

My hands ached to touch you, to cup your face in my hands and assure you that I wasn't lying. That every word I'd ever spoken to you was in fact the truth. The whole truth. But I couldn't. You would've pushed me away had I tried.

"H-Hae...please." 

"Don't you ing "Hae" me Lee Hyuk-jae. I don't want your apologies. I never wanted your pity. Or your lies. All I ever asked for was your honesty. That's the one thing I needed from you."

Your words rang through my ears, hollow and broken. I felt your pain. I knew what it was I'd done to you. And I felt awful for having done it.

"Donghae...I-I..."

"Don't. Don't you dare tell me you're sorry. Like I said, I wanted honesty, not lies." without another word, you simply walked out, slamming the door in my face and leaving me to slump to the floor, sobbing.

"Honesty. What is "honesty"?"