Chapter 03

Priority
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Changmin told Taeyeon that his parents were eager to meet her, he could practically feel the lingering tension from the disastrous encounter with her father. Changmin reassured her that this time would be different – that he had already explained everything to his parents and received his lashing.


To her surprise, he was true to his words. It was nothing like what happened with her father before.  Strolling away from Changmin's parents' house, Taeyeon mused, "That went unexpectedly well." 

 

Despite a bit of lingering grievance from Changmin's mother towards her son, Taeyeon found herself on the receiving end of kindness. In a somewhat melodramatic moment, Changmin's mother expressed her heartfelt sympathy for Taeyeon's predicament, offering apologies on behalf of her son. There was a subtle hint in her words that made Taeyeon raise an eyebrow, suspecting that Changmin might have dished out a much more romantic version of their story.

 

Changmin couldn't resist addressing the inflated praises he had showered on Taeyeon. "So, about all those lovey-dovey things I said back there... I think I might have gone a bit overboard," he admitted, flashing a mischievous grin.

 

Taeyeon chuckled, her tone dripped with sarcasm, "Oh, you think? I was waiting for you to burst into song about our undying love."

 

"Well, desperate times call for desperate measures," he said, "and honestly, I think you are pretty awesome, so it's not all just for show."

 

"Flattery will get you everywhere, you smooth talker," Taeyeon caught onto his playful sincerity and nudged him teasingly. 

 

Changmin grinned, feeling a rush of warmth for seeing her in a brighter mood again after a while. 

 

After the disastrous meeting with her father, Changmin had done everything he could to ensure they'd get support from his parents at least. It was not easy, he didn't tell her the details of how his parents initially questioned the baby's paternity—and how he had convinced them that the baby was unmistakably his. Admittedly, Changmin was taken aback by his parents' apprehension because he never doubted it, not even for a second.

 

In a quieter moment, Taeyeon stopped and turned to Changmin with a genuine expression. "Thank you," she said softly, "I appreciate what you're doing for me and our little surprise. Your parents... they seem to understand more than I expected."

 

Changmin, his tone more sincere now, nodded. "They can see you're in a tough spot. And, well, they want to support us through this."

 

Taeyeon felt a mix of emotions: gratitude that his parents weren't quick to judge, mingled with a sense of vulnerability that his parents knew about the turmoil within her family.

 

Changmin's parents not only accepted the situation but went a step further, suggesting marriage, a prospect that hadn't crossed Taeyeon's mind. They insisted that they’d talk to her father to arrange a marriage between the two.

 

She looked at Changmin seriously. "Are you sure about this? I mean, marriage? I don't want us to regret this decision later. I don't want you to feel pressured into a commitment just because of the circumstances," she hesitated for a moment and murmured, "I... I don't think we have to do this."

 

Changmin met her gaze, his expression was earnest. "Taeyeon, I genuinely believe this is the best thing for our baby. I want to make sure our baby has the best start in life. Maybe we can figure out the rest along the way," his eyes softened, "and I care about you a lot too. I don't want you to face all of this alone."

 

Taeyeon, touched by his honesty, felt a lump in . "I'm scared, Oppa. I’m really scared about all of this," she admitted, "I'm glad you're here with me."

 

Changmin took her hands in his, his gaze unwavering. "Let's do this together, okay?"

 

She nodded, understanding the weight of the decision they were making for their unconventional family. With the moonlight casting them in an unintentionally romantic glow, Changmin smiled and gently pulled Taeyeon closer for a tender kiss. 


********

 

In the warm glow of the restaurant, four young women shared a lively conversation, a much-needed breather after a hectic day at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter