FIN

Unexpected Twist: Finding Love in a Lost ID
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun gives a big sigh at herself before looking at the view in front of her. A plenty of couples is in front of her, making Dahyun feel sick. Heck, she wasn't planning to watch those lovey-dovey scenes in front of her.

As you can see, Dahyun has been living in her 20s. She was a responsible student, consistently ranking on the dean's list and even serving as the president of their organization. However, the problem is that Dahyun doesn't have someone. Of course, others may think Dahyun is a big nerd, but for Dahyun, honestly, she also needs someone she could cherish every day, someone she could call a home when she is tired.

"I need a plot twist before this year ends," Dahyun mumbles before looking at her review materials now placed on her side, no longer being read well. It's Dahyun's finals week, and reviewing her materials is stressing her out like hell, especially right now.

"God, Dahyun, you weren't like this before," Dahyun continues before taking a sip of her coffee. For Dahyun, in all honesty, many people have already tried hitting on her, but most of the people who tried were not her type—especially those boys who attempted the first move, only to face instant rejection from Dahyun, as she makes it clear she doesn't want boys.

Before Dahyun's coffee turns bitter from watching the couples cuddling in front of her, she stands up from her seat. But before she can even walk, her feet accidentally kick a keychain. Dahyun's eyebrows furrow before she crouches down to find an ID that she thinks got entangled in its lace, with a heavy set of keychains hanging from it.

"Jeez, give your ID a break," Dahyun chuckles as she counts the seven pieces of keychain on the ID. But Dahyun's smile slowly disappears and changes to horror as she flips it to see the owner.

"Sana Minatozaki," Dahyun mumbles.

Dahyun chokes on her saliva before looking at the ID again. Heck, Dahyun suddenly feels her legs wobbly, and a sudden nervousness increases. Dahyun doesn't know if the coffee suddenly hits or if it's the ID she's holding.

Of course, Dahyun knows Sana. Not only Dahyun but everyone knows Sana from the College of Nursing, who is, by the way, taking up Medical Technology. Dahyun knows Sana as a smart and Dean's lister. Sana is also the pop princess of their campus because of her bright personality. Sana is called a campus crush, and Dahyun wouldn't argue with that because she has had a crush on Sana for years. However, Dahyun doesn't have the guts to admit her feelings and only watches Sana from afar.

Hell, Dahyun thinks Sana would not even date her since Dahyun believes Sana is straight and out of her league.

Dahyun doesn't know what to do. She is shy to ask for a Japanese person to chat or even message her, as Dahyun wouldn't usually use her social media. Summoning courage, Dahyun decides to go to the College of Nursing.

 

 

"You can do this, Dahyun. You will only give her the ID and nothing more," Dahyun encourages herself. Dahyun could give this to the guard, but it will take longer since it will require more information, which is a hassle. So, instead of going through that process, Dahyun chooses to seize the opportunity to find Sana up close.

As Dahyun enters the building, she can already sense the different smell of chemicals inside the laboratory, with some students wearing scrubs and diligently doing their experiments. Dahyun can't help but chuckle; she also wants to be in the medical field, but considering how much of a pain it can be, she chose architecture—a less hassle for her.

 

"Just give her the ID and tell her that you found it in the garden," Dahyun mumbles to herself. She's about to knock on the door when suddenly it opens, startling both her and the person on the other side.

 

"Dahyun?" Dahyun opens her eyes to see Jisoo looking at her with suspicion.

 

"What are you doing here?" Jisoo asks, making Dahyun nervously laugh.

 

"Uh, actually, I was looking for Sana," Dahyun scratches her non-itchy neck, hiding the blush on her ear and earning an 'OHHHH' from Jisoo, who Dahyun knows is teasing her, as she catches a glimpse of Jisoo smirking at her.

 

"It's not what you think," Dahyun hisses, making Jisoo chuckle before tapping her back.

 

"Chill," Jisoo says while holding back her giggles.

 

"What is the supreme student doing here? As I remember, your building is far from here," Jisoo teases. Dahyun can only shake her head before raising Sana's ID with keychains, making Jisoo gasp.

"That brat," Jisoo chuckles before facing Dahyun.

 

"I'm sorry, cutie, but the girl you've been looking for already went home," Jisoo taps Dahyun's cheeks, leaving her suddenly lost for words.

 

"But can you give her this sin-" Dahyun is cut off when a tall blonde girl appears.

 

"Hello, baby!" Jisoo says as her girlfriend engulfs her in a hug. The two are cut off when Dahyun coughs, catching the attention of Rose and Jisoo.

 

"Uhm, Jisoo, give this to Sana," Dahyun says, handing over Sana's ID. Instead, Jisoo smirks.

 

"Nah uh, you are the one who will give it back. You can message her on her Instagram. Bye." Before Dahyun can speak, the couple leaves in a dash, leaving her in front of the door.

 

Dahyun bites her inner lip before opening her phone.

 

"Wow, I can't believe I own a phone that I only used for music and games," Dahyun mumbles as she sits down on a vacant bench. As Dahyun logs into her Instagram account, multiple notifications pop up, causing her phone to vibrate for a minute. After a few minutes, it stops, but something catches Dahyun's attention—the certain person on her notifications.

 

"MzakiSana is following you," Dahyun reads before gasping.

"OH GOSH, DAHYUN, YOU ARE SUCH A DUMB FOR NOT FOLLOWING SANA," Dahyun curses herself, not caring about what people might think as she holds her phone.

 

'Plot twists often happen before the year ends.'

A sudden quote pops into Dahyun's mind, making her smile.

 

"Maybe Jisoo was the one who is making me make the first move," Dahyun mumbles, not willing to let this chance go to waste.

 

"God, please be good to me. I swear I will not laugh at any more dark jokes," Dahyun prays before following Sana back and messaging her.

 

"Hello, Sana. This is Dahy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter