We Will Meet Again

Love Story (Chayenzo's Version)
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Are you new here?" The girl asked her.

Joo Hyeong simply nodded. She spoke again.

"My name is Hong Cha Young, my bed is beside you." Joo Hyeong looked at the bed beside him where a pink bunny was placed in the centre of the bed. 

The girl kept standing; as if expecting something. Joo Hyeong was puzzled. After a while, he received a smack on his arm by the girl who tells her name is Cha Young.

"Yah! I was thinking you're going to ask us to be friends first!"

Still rubbing his smacked shoulder, he replied "I didn't know.."

Cha Young then placed her hand in front with the index and middle finger taken out while other fingers pressed into a fist.

"Friends?" She asked.

Joo Hyeong looked at her.

"Isn't this how you become friends?" He spoke as he simply held out his hand for a handshake.

"No! That's not the right way!" Cha Young spoke while shaking her two fingers.

"But I have always done like this."

"We will do both ways but first mine one!" Cha Young said enthusiastically.

Joo Hyeong copied her way and Cha Young intertwined both of their fingers.

And then they did Joo Hyeong's way too, of course.

"I am glad you have came, I didn't had anybody before, let me give you a tour of this place." Cha Young dragged him with her.

And so, their friendship started.

They had developed this habit of sticking around each other as if they orbit around each other's existence.

They were young, but had gone through a heavy phase in life.

Like two halves of a whole, they both found comfort in each other.

Though, they did fought, mostly Cha Young being mad, Joo Hyeong knew how to make up to her.

It was the simplest thing.

Once, there was a paper plane competition, initiated by Cha Young. According to her, the winner had to make the plane fastest.

Being the social butterfly she is, she gathered a lot of children.

And then, everyone was given a piece of paper by her.

She cheered a countdown and then everyone started making their planes.

Among a few children, one held his plane up and claimed he won. Which he did, of course.

Everyone cheered and then went back to where they were.

Joo Hyeong was clearing up the place, when he saw her sitting down with an expression of grief and betrayal.

"What happened?" She looks up at him and then scrunches her face at him. There are visible tears in her eyes.

"Yah! Can't you see? I didn't won!" She speaks and then stands up for a minute, throws her paper plane away and sits down.

Joo Hyeong brings the plane back and sits beside her.

"I was done too but my wings weren't folding well." She says while looking at him. "I have worked so hard, I didn't won, why?"

Joo Hyeong fiddles with her plane, he can see the twisted part of paper, she's been trying to fold. He notices she's been folding the wrong way.

"Look." he says grabbing her attention to the paper. He then twists he paper, the other way and it folds and turns into an airplane. "You were doing it the wrong way."

There is a moment of silence and Cha Young is trying to decipher. But she is too stubborn to accept this defeat.

"But still! I didn't won!"

"Cha Young-ah, you can do the competition again, there are many chances. Now come on! Let's go to the playground."

And while she is sulking, he drags her to the park. Soon, its dinner time and he notices how she's playing with her food.

Today, there's no cookie alongside the dinner like yesterday.

Cha Young was over joyed to see cookie and ate hers quickly. But Joo Hyeong knew cookies are one thing she loves and is the best way to cheer her up, so whenever they got a cookie with dinner, Joo Hyeong would never eat his. He would always place them in a small wrapper beside the his bed, hidden from her because of course, if she'd knew he's been giving her his own share, she won't take it and might even smack him for doing so. Instead, he says he steals them from the pantry when the care-takers aren't in the kitchen. He gives them to Cha Young, whenever she feels gloomy or for her late-night munching, like today.

Speaking of nights,those are one of their peaceful times. When everyone's asleep, Joo Hyeong and Cha Young take their blankets and sneak to their little hiding spot, they both found out in the earlier weeks of their friendship.

There are times when Cha Young has endless energy, and she chats the night out.

"Joo Hyeong-ah!"

"Yes?"

"What would you like to be when you grow up?"

Joo Hyeong smiles while replying "I'd like to be a hero who fights villains."

Cha Young snorts and then starts laughing, right beside his ear. Joo Hyeong looks affronted and that's what makes her laugh more because his expressions resemble to a wet cat.

"Keep it low, Cha Young-ah."

"What hero would you be? Super man, or Spider man, oh no- Bat man would suit you more." she says while slapping his arm.

"Right, and what would you be?"

That's when she starts laughing and Joo Hyeong thinks he asked the wrong question but when he sees her smili

Please log in to read the full chapter